• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 12:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26876 posts
6379 upvotes
GTHA
Bill Nye uses the power of Twitter to answer some common science questions.

Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29102 posts
1001 upvotes
Fernando Po
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2338 posts
151 upvotes
Sooo it seems like it failed to live up to people's expectation. :/
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7310 posts
241 upvotes
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 7:32 pm
Sooo it seems like it failed to live up to people's expectation. :/
He is humiliating creationist and climate change deniers. They are responding by using smears. Its far from a fail.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2338 posts
151 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 5:20 pm
He is humiliating creationist and climate change deniers. They are responding by using smears. Its far from a fail.
Yea that's a possibility. There's also been rumblings around the net that the show itself is 'cringy' in its message.

I've only seen small clips so I'll hold final judgment when I do see the whole show.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14256 posts
1545 upvotes
Toronto
I watched the first episode and so far it seems less about him doing science and more like him hosting a talk show full of people you've never heard of or don't care about. He's only on screen for a few minutes in between that screen coming down and someone else running a segment. Is the whole thing like that?
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4832 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
Piro21 wrote:
May 1st, 2017 12:41 pm
I watched the first episode and so far it seems less about him doing science and more like him hosting a talk show full of people you've never heard of or don't care about. He's only on screen for a few minutes in between that screen coming down and someone else running a segment. Is the whole thing like that?
Yes, I think each episode tackles a different topic where he faces off against people who hold strong beliefs that fly in the face of science such as Climate Change Deniers, Anti-Vaxers, Anti-GMO folks, "alternative" remedies, anti-evolution.

There is not much in the way Science experiments like the kids show but it uses a variety of skits and interviews to teach people about important issues facing our society today and debunks a lot of myths around them as well. Its pretty interesting IMO except I cant stand the laugh track.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26876 posts
6379 upvotes
GTHA
Bill is coming back with even more ways to save the world!

Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5552 posts
1245 upvotes
I watched the first ep and it was cringe-worthy. I get why he's acting the way he is in hopes to inspire younger minds and reach their demographic but it was too much to bear. The audience over cheering/laughing at his antics also didn't help.