Toronto

Bird course at York?

Anyone know easy courses at York??? Thank in advance
16 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13002 posts
1120 upvotes
Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
282 upvotes
Onterrible
what is a bird course?
does bird=easy these days? and im only 2 years out of undergrad...
Check out my >>Blog<< to learn how to get CashBack from Shopping Online! (Almost EVERY online retailer)
Jun 5, 2010
280 posts
17 upvotes
Thewell wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 1:32 am
Anyone know easy courses at York??? Thank in advance
When I was at York, I took an Ornithology course. This was back in 2004 though.

It was pretty boring to tell you the truth.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
3271 posts
62 upvotes
What is a bird course depends on the person. Some people I know think Linear Algebra and Stochastic Calculus are bird courses for example. I did fine in a few courses on the bird list but my best marks came from "hard" courses.

PSYC1010 is easy if you get the right prof as it's just memorization. GEOG1000 and GEOG1410 are also easy but ridiculously boring. I would even say that ECON1000/ECON1010 are also bird courses if you do the practice problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2639 posts
51 upvotes
Any music course.

Check out Korean Drum Ensemble or Guitar for Non-Majors
I post, you decide.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1632 posts
260 upvotes
Brampton
tng11 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 7:36 pm
What is a bird course depends on the person. Some people I know think Linear Algebra and Stochastic Calculus are bird courses for example. I did fine in a few courses on the bird list but my best marks came from "hard" courses.

PSYC1010 is easy if you get the right prof as it's just memorization. GEOG1000 and GEOG1410 are also easy but ridiculously boring. I would even say that ECON1000/ECON1010 are also bird courses if you do the practice problems.
ECON1000/ECON1010 felt like bird courses to me as well especially as it was all multiple choice when I took it.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3616 posts
49 upvotes
gulmoh wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 3:25 pm
When I was at York, I took an Ornithology course. This was back in 2004 though.

It was pretty boring to tell you the truth.

Do you know the course number/title, I've been looking for an ornithology course at York.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3733 posts
31 upvotes
concepts wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 8:07 pm
IT'S YORK. Everything is.

In all honesty, at the undergrad level... the courses are pretty much the same between the universities. Give or take some variations of difficulty based on the prof's or how the TA's mark. In general, the material is pretty much the same...

For example, I was taking a 3rd Economics course at York, where the prof. also taught at U of T. The text and course outlines were the exact same and the exams were the same. The only difference was the TA's marking the exams, and the Prof for that class even marked exams himself so those would be marked on the level.

Also, me and another friend took the same Econ course and even studied together for finals. Again a 3rd year course, he was at Waterloo. We used the same textbook and I actually ended up having to study an extra chapter of the text. Our exams were pretty similar in number of questions and amount to time... who knows about marking, again depends on prof and TA.

Hell, watch the lectures that Yale puts up on youtube. They have an international trade economics course they did last term... they even show the outline for the course and the marking breakdown. The materials, lecture notes, exam requirements, mark breakdown.... all the same as what I took at York.
Dec 23, 2008
774 posts
56 upvotes
Guelph
badmus wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 6:13 pm
See this group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2230874110

I cannot even join the group!! I am looking for a good website that will help me find "bird" courses at YorkU. Despite the fact that York is a large university, I cannot find a good site. I know it all depends on your professors but input from students certainly helps.

Currently I am looking for: AP/SOSC 1XXX 9.0 and AP/HUMA 1XXX 9.0 to meet the General Education requirement. Any ideas???
× < >