Birthday Freebies Version 2017-2024

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 10:33 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Woodbridge905 wrote: Cool, didn't know about Mandarin!
You need to visit their web page and say yes to email. Most of the time it's just spam for their restaurant (ie an email reminder that "Celebrate Canada" ends July 31st) but it's the only way to get the birthday email.
You need to print it up and bring it with you to the restaurant. (requires 3 paying adults instead of two to be valid, but still a great deal!)

Also Mid Evil times has a deal where the birthday person is free, but it's another email offer: http://www.medievaltimes.com/plan-your- ... wship.html
May 24, 2006
134 posts
168 upvotes
Tucker's Marketplace on Britannia in Mississauga (Heartland Town Centre) is gone.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6154 upvotes
How do I redeem the following?

Denny's - Do I just show up and ask for a free bday grand slam?
IHOP - I've signed up years ago for their email rewards, but never got any rewards. How do I redeem my bday reward?
Red Robin's - I signed up for their reward last year, how do I take advantage of their bday reward (free burger and fries)?

My bday is on Aug 17. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
AsianXL wrote: How do I redeem the following?

Denny's - Do I just show up and ask for a free bday grand slam?
IHOP - I've signed up years ago for their email rewards, but never got any rewards. How do I redeem my bday reward?
Red Robin's - I signed up for their reward last year, how do I take advantage of their bday reward (free burger and fries)?

My bday is on Aug 17. Thanks!
Unless things have changed since last year:
  • Denny's: Correct. Just make sure you have valid (assuming photo) ID with you proving it's your birthday
  • IHOP: I think they had a different reward program a while back. Was it the Pancake Revolution program you signed up for? If so, you should be getting offers and a birthday gift on your birthday. You could always call them up and see what they say.
  • Red Robin's: You should get an email on or about Aug 10, giving you 14 days (7 days before and 7 days after your birthday) to redeem. You will need to print the email off and bring it in to redeem. Note: You can only view the offer in the email twice, so have your printer ready to print.
Happy early birthday AsianXL!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
XXXmonet wrote: Tucker's Marketplace on Britannia in Mississauga (Heartland Town Centre) is gone.
That wasn't the only Tuckers.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Jul 2, 2009
501 posts
242 upvotes
Montreal
trystee wrote:
ellieyouengee wrote: - Shopper's Drug Mart 4000 points (coupon must be redeemed with any purchase) - Optimum card
Thanks for the April update ellieyouengee! Glad to see SDM still giving out 4K points this year.
I got nothing ;-(
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Bambinos wrote: I got nothing ;-(
Interesting.

Do they have SDM in Montreal or is it just Pharmaprix?

Perhaps customer service can tell you if they cancelled the offer for everyone or just missed your account. If you do contact them, please let us know here and I'm sure the OP can update the list.
Apr 16, 2007
525 posts
830 upvotes
Northern Ontario
trystee wrote:
Bambinos wrote: I got nothing ;-(
Interesting.

Do they have SDM in Montreal or is it just Pharmaprix?

Perhaps customer service can tell you if they cancelled the offer for everyone or just missed your account. If you do contact them, please let us know here and I'm sure the OP can update the list.
My birthday was a two weeks ago and I got the 4000 point offer. Had to make a purchase to get the points though.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1148 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Used to get the SDM bday Optimum Bonus Offer, which was good with your next purchase with no minimum, but not anymore. They said "its randomly generated" and maybe you will and maybe you won't. Not the most productive conversation with their CS, but so you know not to count on this offer particularly.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1148 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have more details on, or have had success with, this one?

Name: Rainbow Cinema (2016 Feb)
Description: Free movie. ID required
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
How do you signup for the ihop offer? It wants a zip code. I am in BC.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
xiaobao wrote: How do you signup for the ihop offer? It wants a zip code. I am in BC.
Try typing in your Postal Code, then click anywhere else besides the "Choose your IHOP" dropdown, then click the "Choose your IHOP" dropdown and select your location.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
trystee wrote:
xiaobao wrote: How do you signup for the ihop offer? It wants a zip code. I am in BC.
Try typing in your Postal Code, then click anywhere else besides the "Choose your IHOP" dropdown, then click the "Choose your IHOP" dropdown and select your location.
Yea that seemed to work. I was trying to do it on an cell phone and did not seem to work.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
Got a few birthdays coming up. Any update or changes to the list?
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
706 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have a copy of the Marble Slab e-mail they can send me?
I didn't get one.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
I can also confirm that Tucker's in Ottawa also offers a free meal on your birthday. ID is required.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
AdamKing wrote: Name: Albert's Family Restaurants (2016 Feb)
Description: Sign-up in restaurant for a free coupon sent out prior to your birthday to receive a free regular priced entree (no maximum). Redeemable from Sunday to Saturday of your birthday week. Valid ID may be required.
Note: If you do not use your coupon during your birthday week, you will need to sign-up again to get the coupon the following year.
Link: http://albertsfamilyrestaurants.com (info only, sign-up in restaurant only)
Looks like Albert's has now applied a maximum value of $12.00 to their birthday freebie offer. OP, can you please update:

Name: Albert's Family Restaurants (2016 Feb)
Description: Sign-up in restaurant for a free coupon sent out prior to your birthday to receive a free regular priced entree (maximum $12.00). Redeemable from Sunday to Saturday of your birthday week. Valid ID may be required.
Note: If you do not use your coupon during your birthday week, you will need to sign-up again to get the coupon the following year.
Link: http://albertsfamilyrestaurants.com (info only, sign-up in restaurant only)
Dec 29, 2007
487 posts
289 upvotes
Here are my freebies that I collected or will collect:

Booster Juice
1 Free 710ml Regular Size Smoothie
Duration of Use: Valid for 6 calendar months including your birthday

Boston Pizza
1 Free Dessert
Duration of Use: 1 week before birthday to 1 week after birthday

Chatime
1 Regular Sized Drink
Duration of Use: 1 week before birthday to 1 week after birthday

Denny's
1 Free Original Grand Slam (2 Eggs, 2 Pancakes, 2 Sausages, 2 Bacon)
Duration of Use: On Birthday

Hero Certified Burgers
1 Free 4oz Hero Burger or 1 Free Soul Burger
Duration of Use: On Birthday

Holt Renfrew
S'well Water Bottle
Duration of Use: Within the month of birthday

Menchies
1 Free Yogurt (up to $5 in value)
Duration of Use: 2 weeks before birthday to 2 weeks after birthday

New York Fries
1 Free regular size order of fries
Duration of Use: Birthday to 60 days after birthday

Parkers Custom Clothing Care
$10 Free Drycleaning
Duration of Use: Birthday to a month later

Sephora
1 Free Gift
Duration of Use: Within month of birthday

Shoppers Drug Mart
4,000 Optimum Bonus Points
Duration of Use: 3 days before birthday to 3 days after birthday

Starbucks
1 Free Drink / Food Item
Duration of Use: 1 day before birthday to 1 day after birthday

Swiss Chalet
1 Free Dessert
Duration of Use: 1 week before to 1 week after birthday

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)