• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 1:15 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4239 posts
47 upvotes
Markham/GTA
Golden Light Buffet has closed down.

Wok of Fame is now "Free Meal with one or more adult friends".
Heatware (360+, 100%) | CGN (15, 100%)
Tangerine, FreedomMobile, GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, Coinbase, Shakepay, Paytm, STACK
Aug 5, 2018
71 posts
12 upvotes
I didn't get a lot of the freebies! Quiznos, Sephora, Starbucks, among others never sent me a email!
Dec 10, 2005
127 posts
38 upvotes
CloverNaveen wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 3:00 pm
I didn't get a lot of the freebies! Quiznos, Sephora, Starbucks, among others never sent me a email!
Was it in August? Just go into Sephora. I didn't get an email either, but my bday is at the end of the month. When I made a purchase, they scanned my rewards card and said "oh you have a free bday gift". There were two choices, I forget the first one. The one I chose had a lip crayon, a mini lipstick, and a sample of a lip scrub, and a sample of a lip balm. Not bad for an unexpected freebie.

Hottopic was the same - when they checked my account, they told me I got $5 off for being my birthday month. No email, and I didn't know about it in advance.
Aug 5, 2018
71 posts
12 upvotes
Yep, it was actually yesterday! lol.. I messaged the places I didn't get the promos for and got most of them sorted out.

Shoppers doesn't do the points anymore, Pita Pit applied the points to my account, Sephora told me to go into the store any time this month to claim it, Rocky Mountain doesn't do anything for birthday's anymore, Starbucks will only give you a free drink if you have purchased something within the last 12 months as another user mentioned here, Ardene resent me the promo code (still not sure what it is, I'll have to see when I go in to the shop), New York Fries you have to load your card with money at least once to receive the free fries, Edible Arragements you have to make at least a 25 dollar purchase before you are eligible.

David's Tea and Quizno's still haven't responded to my e-mails, so not sure what's going on there.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3911 posts
5389 upvotes
Ontario
@CloverNaveen -Starbucks changed the freebie to one you earn in a membership year as long as you earned 300 stars in that year. The free food or drink freebie used to be given without the minimum star requirement until last year, when the program changed.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Mar 6, 2015
253 posts
104 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
The booster juice one sure is strange. Stuck to one location but apparently valid for 6 months after your bday.
Dec 28, 2004
987 posts
257 upvotes
booster juice valid at any store as it has code at the bottom that can be input at any store so not stuck to one as far as i know and says so in the email
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5169 posts
1364 upvotes
Ciel wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 8:01 pm
@CloverNaveen -Starbucks changed the freebie to one you earn in a membership year as long as you earned 300 stars in that year. The free food or drink freebie used to be given without the minimum star requirement until last year, when the program changed.
Don't think this is accurate ... -- My birthday is September 4th ... and I just received (this morning) an email from Starbucks (same basically as it was a year ago) for a free drink or a free food item on my birth day ONLY. ( NO minimum stars needed ... as I got almost none anyhow lol )

C/P:

Come in on your birthday for a Reward | Obtenez une Récompense le jour de votre anniversaire

Starbucks Rewards <Starbucks@e.starbucks.com> Unsubscribe

11:37 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

Celebrate with a drink or food item, on us | View online | Français

Starbucks RewardsTM/MC

As a member of Starbucks RewardsTM/MC, you get a Birthday Reward. Come into any participating store on your birthday and redeem your Birthday Reward for a drink or food item of your choice.

Redeem on 9/4

1 day only

Enjoy 1 free drink
or food item

This coupon will be automatically loaded onto your account. Tell your barista you'd like to redeem your Birthday Reward or apply it when you order ahead in the Starbucks® app.

Starbucks RewardsTM/MC

Valid 9/4/2018 only. Birthday Reward may be redeemed at participating stores only. Excludes alcoholic beverages and multi-serve food and beverage items. Beverages must be a standard menu size. Mobile Order & Pay may not be available at all locations. See starbucks.ca/terms for details.

You are receiving this message because you are voluntarily participating in the Starbucks RewardsTM/MC loyalty program.

This email is sent from an account we use for sending messages only. So if you want to contact us, don't reply to this email – we won't get your response. Instead, use this web form, or mail your comments to: P.O. Box 93490, Albuquerque, NM 87199, USA.

©2018 Starbucks Coffee Company. All rights reserved.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1490 posts
412 upvotes
Mississauga
Darkman wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 3:20 pm
Don't think this is accurate ... -- My birthday is September 4th ... and I just received (this morning) an email from Starbucks (same basically as it was a year ago) for a free drink or a free food item on my birth day ONLY. ( NO minimum stars needed ... as I got almost none anyhow lol )
Thank you, looking forward to email next week too :)
Last edited by jdu0ng on Sep 4th, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1490 posts
412 upvotes
Mississauga
ahlong wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 3:12 pm
did you sign up recently? I got my drink a week before my bday but signed up half a year ago....and they charged me for tapioca? lol must be long time since I bought bubble tea I thought it came with the balls!
link to sign up for bday drink?
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5169 posts
1364 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:38 am
Thank you, looking forward to email next week too :)
Just had my freebie this morning there at Starbucks ... Took breakfast sandwich with bacon ... $4.95 plus taxes ... FREE

You have to mention to them that it's free cuz it's Birthday freebie ... then they'll find it on their screen somewhere.

He didn't know originally what freebie I was talking about ... Until I told him it was "birthday freebie" :)

P.S.

I see Harvey's sent me their Freebie email not long ago as well ... - their regular original burger (this one is good) ... or a veggie one ...

Maybe I'll stop there for lunch later on today, lol :D

On Sunday had a birthday freebie from Tim Horton's double double visa i guess ... Any size hot drink ... plus box of 10 timbits ... - took extra large tea ... but they didn't have any tim bits left ... so I had them substitute those with 10 mini strudels instead, lol ... that were better than timbits :)

Boston pizza .. and Montana i see sent me birthday free desert ... lol ... but screw that ... not gonna bother with free desert :)

I can go to Danny's I guess for free breakfast ... (with coffee etc purchase) ... but don't think I am gonna bother. :)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11995 posts
1751 upvotes
City of Vancouver
STARBUCKS REWARDSTM/MC TERMS OF USE

Effective Date: March 27, 2018...

"To qualify for the birthday Reward, you must join Starbucks Rewards at least seven (7) days before your birthday and have made at least one Star-earning transaction using your registered Starbucks Card. The birthday Reward may be redeemed at participating stores and excludes: multi-serving food or beverage items (for example, a tray of Cranberry Bliss Bars or coffee press); and beverages that contain alcohol.

Your birthday Reward will be automatically added to your account on your birthday (that is, the birthday date of record that you provided in your Starbucks account information), and is valid only on that date. You must present your registered Starbucks Card to the barista at a participating store in order to redeem your Reward and receive your complimentary birthday item. You will receive only one (1) birthday Reward regardless of the number of Starbucks Cards that you have registered to your account.

If you have provided Starbucks with a current, valid email address, you may receive a reminder email from Starbucks approximately one (1) to three (3) days prior to your birthday (that is, the birthday date of record that you provided in your Starbucks account information) indicating that your Reward is available to you. You can check to see if your birthday Reward is available by accessing your Starbucks Rewards account on www.starbucks.ca/account or on the Starbucks mobile app..."

https://www.starbucks.ca/card/rewards/r ... -ts-and-cs
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5169 posts
1364 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 1:33 pm
STARBUCKS REWARDSTM/MC TERMS OF USE

Effective Date: March 27, 2018...

"To qualify for the birthday Reward, you must join Starbucks Rewards at least seven (7) days before your birthday and have made at least one Star-earning transaction using your registered Starbucks Card. The birthday Reward may be redeemed at participating stores and excludes: multi-serving food or beverage items (for example, a tray of Cranberry Bliss Bars or coffee press); and beverages that contain alcohol.

Your birthday Reward will be automatically added to your account on your birthday (that is, the birthday date of record that you provided in your Starbucks account information), and is valid only on that date. You must present your registered Starbucks Card to the barista at a participating store in order to redeem your Reward and receive your complimentary birthday item. You will receive only one (1) birthday Reward regardless of the number of Starbucks Cards that you have registered to your account.

If you have provided Starbucks with a current, valid email address, you may receive a reminder email from Starbucks approximately one (1) to three (3) days prior to your birthday (that is, the birthday date of record that you provided in your Starbucks account information) indicating that your Reward is available to you. You can check to see if your birthday Reward is available by accessing your Starbucks Rewards account on www.starbucks.ca/account or on the Starbucks mobile app..."

https://www.starbucks.ca/card/rewards/r ... -ts-and-cs
I don't buy at Starbucks ... with the exception when they'd send some SUPER DUPER deal, lol ... like for example their, seemingly yearly (for me) email saying ... make any purchase / buy a drink or food item and maintain your GOLD status for another year... -- then I stop there and get small coffee or tea (and have a free refill).

So i guess that kind of transaction would count as a "star earning" one ... and qualifies one for Birthday freebie.

Plus, thinking back to last year ... (and year before) ... I think they sent me email with offer that sounded very good to me ... and I also participated in it ... Offer like this one I think:

"Buy any of your favorite drink or food item ... and come the next day -- we'll load your account with "any of your favorite food item for FREE" deal.

So pretty sure i participated in this kind of deal for the last 2 years ...

Pretty good deal basically ... - you go there and get a small coffee or tea etc ... (have a free refill even if wanted) ... cost - $2.40 or so ... and next day they give you any food item freebie ... that cost something like $5 for example ... (say, if you take their egg and bacon with cheese sandwich) :)

Any of those "participations" count as "star earning" transaction, at the same time ... and would qualify one for Birthday Freebie by the sounds of it :)