• Sep 13th, 2017 5:22 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 11, 2012
2 posts
Toronto

Birthday Help

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some ideas for my champagne birthday (Dec. 30th). At the top of the list are All Inclusive or Vegas. I've been to Vegas plenty of times, so personally leaning towards an All Inclusive esp since it will be cold here. Ideally, I would want to leave around my birthday, but it seems like it will be very expensive. Looking to spend about ~$1500 per person.

Thanks in advance.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1007 posts
529 upvotes
The most expensive time of the year to travel centers on Christmas & New Years (although being able to do so, often means some awesome NYEve Celebrations).

By contrast, there is a small gap after New Years, early in January, when folks are back to work & school, that offers up the lowest rates of the Winter Season (7 or 10 days... Depending on where the Weekends fall).

Great time to travel... Less crowded, cheaper... And usually that week much of Canada has headed into a Deep Freeze.

I think with Irma's trail of outright destruction, your biggest challenge this year is going to be:
(a) finding a place to go, and
(b) costing in general as more & more people will be making plans to visit the places not hit

As almost everywhere great has been effected to some extent ... Florida - The Keys - Cuba - The Bahamas - Turks & Caicos - Puerto Rico - Dominican Republic - USVI - BVI - SInt Maarten - St Martin & the French Islands - as well as the Commonwealth of Antigua & Barbuda

Doesn't leave much in the Eastern Caribbean (and not much that is affordable)

And as for Mexico & the Western Caribbean... Well their changes for Hurricanes increase as we head into late Fall (October & November)

And the Southern Caribbean, which is almost immune from Hurricanes, well they are just really really expensive destinations (for that exact reason, plus the flying distances)

Have ya thought about a cruise... This Winter it might just be the best bang for your buck... Even if the cruise ships don't port much & just float around (party) at sea