Birthday Party indoor playgrounds in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2016 4:06 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 16, 2006
28 posts

Birthday Party indoor playgrounds in Toronto

I am planning my daughters 4th birthday party and I was looking at doing it at a indoor playground. Does anyone have any recommendations?
19 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4935 posts
95 upvotes
There's a lot of them out there. Which area specifically?
This space for rent.
Jan 6, 2009
352 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
Mini Mania in Vaughan, I'm going to a 4year olds party there tomorrow.
Oct 21, 2011
32 posts
2 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I have same question as my daughter 4th years old is coming up, looking for advice on indoor playground within Markham and Richmond hill. I had my daughter 3rd yrs old party hosted there, and my experience is awesome. I will probably host her 4th yrs party there again.. but i would like to hear any other parents have any other happy experience in any other indoor playground.

Here are my experience with different indoor playground.

my daughter 3rd year old birthday party that was hosted at rainbow playland at richmond hill, it's awesome place, very spacious. They have huge playset, also has a corner for under 1yr old. Huge eating area with lots of tables and seats. I invited 25 kids and 50 adults but still very spacious.
Price is abit expensive, $300 for two hours, no food but free coffee and juice. Playground also charge $25 for outsider food. My overall experience is Good, all kids and guests are very happy, staff is helpful too.

I went to few other parties, two at fairytale land in richmond hill, one at Community centre, one at Kinder zone also in richmond hill, one in mcdonald, one in a craft store (forgot the name).

Worst experience is the fairytale land. The owner is very impolite, the costumer there is old, size is very limited. Girls that doing the make up doesnt really know what she is doing, food is crap, game is crap. But well.. it's for kids and the kids seems to enjoy it. But for me as parent, I wouldnt host my daughter party there, mainly because the owner attitude is very very inappropriate.

Kinder zone is alright, but more suitable for younger toddler like 2-3 yrs old.
May 10, 2010
56 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
My son is 7 years old and I have been in almost every indoor playground you can possibly think of. We have many friends with small kids and he's been at daycare/school since he was 1, so you can imagine how many birthdays we've attended so far! However, my own son is a summer baby and we've always held his birthday outdoor except this year which we chose Dreams Playland and it was awesome. Super spacious place (room 1 was our choice), very nice play equipments, perfect pizza which is made in-house and so fresh, great polite staff and super clean. The room is all window in one side which makes it a very bright place. Highly recommend it. The only downfall is that they have some coin operated ride on toys which requires loonies. It depends on you if you want to provide your guests with the change or not but we got about $25 worth of loonies and it was more than enough for 24 kids. My second choice would be Gymalaya, especially New market location.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4935 posts
95 upvotes
We had our Daughter's 5th Birthday party at Kids on the Loose in Markham. They have 2 sections which appeal to different age groups. We ended up booking both areas so we could accommodate the young and the older ones. Everyone had a great time but the only downside is the cost. It does get quite expensive.
This space for rent.
May 12, 2003
656 posts
22 upvotes
We did Lil'Explorers for my daughter and they loved it. They enjoy climbing that structure a million times :) Smaller than most places though, but the structure/slide is much enjoyed.

http://www.lilexplorers.ca/
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7554 posts
149 upvotes
night_day wrote:
Oct 27th, 2011 8:14 am
We did Lil'Explorers for my daughter and they loved it. They enjoy climbing that structure a million times :) Smaller than most places though, but the structure/slide is much enjoyed.

http://www.lilexplorers.ca/

that's the one most of the parents in our daughter's class hold their parties...
right beside loblaws, so you can grocery show if need
or markville mall
Oct 26, 2006
660 posts
3 upvotes
reviving this thread...

looking for a playground for my daughter's 3 year old bday.

was looking to book with giggles in scarborough, but had an awful customer experience with them, that we decided to look elsewhere. giggles really needs to revamp their (a) reservation and (b) deposit processes. it doesn't help that giggles can't even remember whether or not they are suppose to follow-up with us on price quotes for a la carte party items...
Feb 19, 2011
202 posts
20 upvotes
You could try All For Fun at Birchmount and Eglinton. http://www.allforfun.ca

We have been going there for quite a while now and it's a great, clean place and seems to be very well-run.
Jan 11, 2012
44 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
East Scarborough area residents could look into MegaFun4Kids @ Port Union and 401
Jan 18, 2006
15 posts
2 upvotes
Alanaaaaa wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:50 pm
You could try All For Fun at Birchmount and Eglinton. http://www.allforfun.ca

We have been going there for quite a while now and it's a great, clean place and seems to be very well-run.
I second All for Fun. We take my daughter there and she always has fun. There's a variety of toys and a bouncy castle. It's bright and clean as well.
Nov 27, 2004
41 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
kungfupander wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2011 11:39 pm
Worst experience is the fairytale land. The owner is very impolite, the costumer there is old, size is very limited. Girls that doing the make up doesnt really know what she is doing, food is crap, game is crap. But well.. it's for kids and the kids seems to enjoy it. But for me as parent, I wouldnt host my daughter party there, mainly because the owner attitude is very very inappropriate.
Hey Kungfupander,
I had a hard time finding reviews for this Fairytale land venue in Mississauga. I too had a really difficult experience with the owner. I haven't met her in person but she has a thick Russian accent on the phone.

After 3 years nothing has changed it seems. She screamed at me because I was questioning the policy about nut free cakes. We found out after paying the deposit that if you bring in your own cake, it can only be from one of their designated nut-free bakers. I told her that I could have my baker provide a note confirming the cake was nut free but she rudely replied "anyone can write a note". I grew tired of her yelling at me and not letting me finish my sentences that began yelling back. She then cancelled the event and told me she was keeping the deposit. I believe that's illegal? The owner can't choose to cancel the event AND keep the deposit. Anyway the only thing I was trying to tell her was I'm going to check the contract and get back to her. If she was right I'd cancel my cake order. I didn't even have a chance to talk. This owner is better suited as a Correctional Officer in a prison than running a children's play room.

Then we asked a friend about her past experience and the she said to be careful to make sure the owner sees exactly the number of kids ahead of time. She will argue you brought more kids then you paid for. Never again...
- wassam
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2005
14811 posts
1493 upvotes
wassam wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2014 8:39 pm
She then cancelled the event and told me she was keeping the deposit. I believe that's illegal? The owner can't choose to cancel the event AND keep the deposit. Anyway the only thing I was trying to tell her was I'm going to check the contract and get back to her. If she was right I'd cancel my cake order.
Yeah, I think it's illegal; you can call Consumer Protection Ontario to see what your options are.

Did you pay the deposit by credit card? If so, you can file for non-delivery of service.
× < >