[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2529 posts
843 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Birthday Present - Woman's Wallets

Hello,

For my girlfriends birthday, I want to get her a nice wallet as she doesn't carry a purse.

Could someone let me know where I can get a good price and what brand is good.

Looking at the less than 300$ range of possible.

Thanks
17 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20826 posts
10064 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Kate Spade would be standard

The ultimate would be goyard but that’s like $1500 so way outside of your price range.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1478 upvotes
How does she carry her essentials? Just a wallet and lip balm in her pockets?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2529 posts
843 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 2:40 pm
How does she carry her essentials? Just a wallet and lip balm in her pockets?
She for the most part carries a handbag around. Usually it holds her work computer and essentials. But since it's winter now, if she doesn't bring that handbag, she just puts everything in the winter coat.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2529 posts
843 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 1:19 pm
Kate Spade would be standard

The ultimate would be goyard but that’s like $1500 so way outside of your price range.
Thanks NASA.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1478 upvotes
I will agree that most nice wallets will be out of your price range.

You'd also have to bear in mind what her preference is; big wallets, small wallets, trifolds, zip-arounds, etc.

The Kate Spade small-form wallets (current generation is named Adalyn) are one of the most functional you can get for their size, and they can fit almost anywhere. I had an older generation small Stacy and the wallet I "upgraded" to isn't as functional as that one was. They are not especially eye-catching, but they can come in nice pops of color.

https://www.katespade.com/products/came ... 451-1.html These blues are on sale from the website and coincidentally I think they are the nicest colors this season.

https://www.katespade.com/products/came ... U5451.html Here are the rest of the current lineup.

You can also check a store in-person to see what their current stock is, and it will help you gauge how they look as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1100 posts
997 upvotes
How about a wallet phone case? I’m sure there’s a price range to suit your budget with lots of brand names.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1328 posts
169 upvotes
Markham, ON
I would have to disagree with some of the earlier posters. Wallet gets bulky. It only doesn't get bulky if you don't put anything in.

Think about how your girlfriend would use the wallet before even thinking about price.
Nov 23, 2008
331 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't it be better to bring her along to say, a mall to let her pick one out?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9062 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga
LV, Gucci, Hermes zip around wallet
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7420 posts
1348 upvotes
It depends on the person of course but I couldn't think of any women I know that would let someone else pick their wallet or purse, which is a very personal item.

Generally people tend to be more picky about personal stuff like that, ie. if it is a bi/tri fold, zipper or button, long or short, number of card slots, window for photo or not, coins pocket included or not, color/material/brand, etc...

Unless you have a pretty good idea on which one she already likes, I would stay the away from it since the gift is risky and has a high chance of getting rejected or worst.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1732 posts
557 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kate Spade is like the new Guess
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12057 posts
1783 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Furla
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23925 posts
1289 upvotes
Markham, ON
....bad bad idea. 99% of woman do not put a wallet in their pant pockets.

Getting a wallet will not replace a purse....she will still put it into her purse; or ask you to put it in your pants (like I usually do...)

(most woman now just wear tights...no pockets...and if jeans...its so slim fitting that it won't fit a wallet or it just sticks out and is unflattering).