Bitcoin and Ether

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:10 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4573 posts
486 upvotes
Man this loopring keeps going up. Wish I put a few thousand more into it! 26 cents now, closing in on 10x my initial investment. Balances out my siacoin loss!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1117 posts
116 upvotes
If you have some crypto for sale, which thread does it fall under in the BST section?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6692 posts
805 upvotes
bigjee wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 8:34 am
Tl dr.
FYI Bitmains source code page is NOT a reliable indicator. Everyone can reserve a miner by using USD payment for a week. Bitmain has to come back every week to put those back on their website. No one actually buying them. That thing just sits for days with being sold lol Nov batch been available for 4 weeks lol.
Feel for the idiots that bought from you.
You got lucky you sold that many (if it's true).
Bitmain went back to accepting wire transfers? Things must have slowed down. After batch 1 or 2, they did crypto-only purchases.

The guys who bought from me arent doing badly, they should ROI their machines by December because i had early batch miners. Only bonuses to my selling them is that I dont have the stress of dealing with tech issues, noise, electrical bills, and so forth, while still making a good return.

I saw guys on ebay listing their miners for $15000-30000. I wasnt one of those. I dealt on volume at a reasonable rate, enough to garner interest from a larger number of people and have me pick the most secure ones to deal with. Knock on wood I was lucky to find proper people.

They'll be making profits by January, but how much, is another story. I didnt think it was worth the trouble, for the projected long term returns, so i sold.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1137 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Is Quadriga safe to leave large sums on?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6692 posts
805 upvotes
Alt1ma wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 2:05 pm
If you have some crypto for sale, which thread does it fall under in the BST section?
Probably none since its not really that popular with the "normal people". They just know of bitcoin and thats it. You might be better off trying to find people in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2246 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
TruBrush wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:06 pm
Is Quadriga safe to leave large sums on?
I wouldn't personally lol
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2246 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Buggy166 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:10 pm
Probably none since its not really that popular with the "normal people". They just know of bitcoin and thats it. You might be better off trying to find people in this thread.
True words lol
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1117 posts
116 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:38 pm
True words lol
Yeah I'm hesitant to post BST stuff in threads. Last time I did it the mods were quick to issue a warning. I'll stick to selling it on exchanges then.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1137 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:38 pm
I wouldn't personally lol
Hard to flip BTC<-->CAD back and forth, without having it there all the time.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2246 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Just a general question - for the folks that trade alt coins to hedge/increase your BTC holdings, how much of your crypto portfolio do you guys assign for trading vs holding?

Do you only use BTC to trade or do you sometimes move into Tether? (I know there's been some controversy around Tether and it's risky but I've read some people keep their BTC as Tether)
Mar 2, 2017
41 posts
8 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 10:14 pm
Just a general question - for the folks that trade alt coins to hedge/increase your BTC holdings, how much of your crypto portfolio do you guys assign for trading vs holding?

Do you only use BTC to trade or do you sometimes move into Tether? (I know there's been some controversy around Tether and it's risky but I've read some people keep their BTC as Tether)
None. Personally I'm done with BTC and with the upcoming fork it's going to be worst. Ppl think it will be free money, but don't realize that most likely not all the chains will survive the long term. With Binance and Bittrex, there are enough ETH pairings for alts.
Oct 31, 2012
71 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
So after reading most of this forum the best way 2 get started with buying crypto is first sign up for coinbase or quadriga then transfer 2 either binance or bittrex. Did I get that right ? Any other suggestions ?

Also is it wise 2 wait till after the fork to start investing ?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1292 posts
122 upvotes
sdanny wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 3:34 pm
So after reading most of this forum the best way 2 get started with buying crypto is first sign up for coinbase or quadriga then transfer 2 either binance or bittrex. Did I get that right ? Any other suggestions ?

Also is it wise 2 wait till after the fork to start investing ?
Why a transfer again?
Binance is from China if not mistaken, and they closed all their exchanges since the end of last month over a week ago.
So I do not think it is a good idea to open an account with those exchanges just for this sole reason to transfer from your money into this crypto via an exchange.
Oct 31, 2012
71 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
TheRock2012 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 6:50 pm
Why a transfer again?
Binance is from China if not mistaken, and they closed all their exchanges since the end of last month over a week ago.
So I do not think it is a good idea to open an account with those exchanges just for this sole reason to transfer from your money into this crypto via an exchange.
Guess I have more studying to do. From what I gathered as an Canadian u buy the bitcoins first from coinbase or others MN then transfer to binance or Bittrex to buy other currencies or ico's.
Feb 1, 2017
67 posts
22 upvotes
sdanny wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 7:04 pm
Guess I have more studying to do. From what I gathered as an Canadian u buy the bitcoins first from coinbase or others MN then transfer to binance or Bittrex to buy other currencies or ico's.
You're correct except you don't buy ICOs through exchanges. And Binance is registered in Hong Kong so it's not affected by the China ban.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

tranceaddict, theinfamous, hameljon