• Oct 22nd, 2017 10:29 pm
Tags:
Oct 31, 2012
70 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
phisherman wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 8:36 pm
You're correct except you don't buy ICOs through exchanges. And Binance is registered in Hong Kong so it's not affected by the China ban.
Thanks I am on the right track .. need 2 study more, do u think wait after the November fork n c what happens
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2146 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
sdanny wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 3:34 pm
So after reading most of this forum the best way 2 get started with buying crypto is first sign up for coinbase or quadriga then transfer 2 either binance or bittrex. Did I get that right ? Any other suggestions ?

Also is it wise 2 wait till after the fork to start investing ?
Yea - sign up for both, maybe Kraken too if you are going to wire money anyway. I don't have the reference chart on me but I did see a top 20 listing of exchanges by volume and QuadrigaCX ain't on there loll. GDAX (coin base's exchange) and Kraken are. Bitfinex and Bittrex are 1 and 2 worldwide in volume.

I prefer coinbase because it's relatively simple and quick to buy using your credit card - but you gotta deal with a $250 weekly limit (if you complete their full verification steps, otherwise it's $100) and after a few times of purchases you can upgrade to $1000/week.

It's a hassle for me to wire money so I chose QuadrigaCX because they have that Interact-Transfer option that's really fast (24 hours or less).
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4345 posts
429 upvotes
sdanny wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 3:34 pm
So after reading most of this forum the best way 2 get started with buying crypto is first sign up for coinbase or quadriga then transfer 2 either binance or bittrex. Did I get that right ? Any other suggestions ?

Also is it wise 2 wait till after the fork to start investing ?
Speaking about Quadriga only yes you would transfer only if you want to buy something other than BTC, BCC, ETH and LTC. I'm not familiar with Binance but I regularly use Bittrex and Bitfinex for alt coins - both those are tried and tested.
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2146 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 10:15 pm
Speaking about Quadriga only yes you would transfer only if you want to buy something other than BTC, BCC, ETH and LTC. I'm not familiar with Binance but I regularly use Bittrex and Bitfinex for alt coins - both those are tried and tested.
Thoughts on Bitfinex? If I'm already on Bittrex is there any reason to get on Bitfinex too?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4345 posts
429 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 11:07 pm
Thoughts on Bitfinex? If I'm already on Bittrex is there any reason to get on Bitfinex too?
I needed to buy IOTA, Bitfinex is pretty good once you get used to the interface as its a little hard to navigate. It does have the best security features out of all the exchanges that I have used so far

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13370 posts
1216 upvotes
Binance is also a great exchange
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Apr 20, 2011
973 posts
66 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 2:32 am
Binance is also a great exchange
Never heard of Binance since around 2 weeks ago.
What kind of verification do you need to put in place so to start trading and what are the limits?
As Bitrex doesnt require you to have any put in place if you are just doing $200 or so in trading.

Also would you happen to know about my question in regards to winning in crypto on a gambling site? It is on the last page about 9 posts back.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2146 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
boceya wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 12:51 pm
Binance has fast become a popular exchange people trading with. But i like Bitrex and Poloneix unless there are coins not trading there where ill open an account on a new exchange
Btw you guys are going to find this interesting, i'll leave it here https://assets.coingecko.com/reports/Q3 ... nGecko.pdf
Well I think the point of binance is their fees and good volume on China coins and the opportunity for arbitrage, something I wouldn’t advise for beginners loll

I think binance also gives you your gas for holding neo whereas bittrex does not if you hold neo in their wallet loll

I’m a real big fan of bittrex due to their pretty good charting and TA options.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2146 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Guys what the hell is happening to Ethereum and Litecoin loll

How far back are they gonna retrace!
Feb 11, 2007
257 posts
43 upvotes
Everyone is buying Bitcoin and selling their altcoins to buy Bitcoin to get free money (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x coins that will be forks in the next few weeks.)
Apr 20, 2011
973 posts
66 upvotes
jcdogg wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 3:41 pm
Everyone is buying Bitcoin and selling their altcoins to buy Bitcoin to get free money (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x coins that will be forks in the next few weeks.)
As far as I know bitcoin gold was forked a week ago.

I heard it is all just to cash in - I have a link to the article of what it is all about and how people are just jumping on the bandwagon and not knowing what they are getting into.

Don't believe the hype.

Still looking for an answer to my question there any one who knows in reference to canadian tax laws.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4345 posts
429 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 3:37 pm
Guys what the hell is happening to Ethereum and Litecoin loll

How far back are they gonna retrace!
Yea I was just about to post this too

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13370 posts
1216 upvotes
Ethereum is where it was last week. I wouldn't panic. Always look at total market cap at coinmarketcap.com. As long as that number doesn't plunge, coins like Ethereum and Litecoin will be relatively stable.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.