• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:10 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1137 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like Kraken has the best BTC price for Canadians, then QuadrigaCX, Coinsquare looks slick but uber expensive.

Coinbase is the cheapest and easiest and I got $1000 weekly limit, but 4% makes it slightly more expensive than QuadrigaCX, not being able to sell quickly kills the deal too, transferring to other wallets is costly.
Oct 31, 2012
71 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
TruBrush wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 7:16 pm
It looks like Kraken has the best BTC price for Canadians, then QuadrigaCX, Coinsquare looks slick but uber expensive.

Coinbase is the cheapest and easiest and I got $1000 weekly limit, but 4% makes it slightly more expensive than QuadrigaCX, not being able to sell quickly kills the deal too, transferring to other wallets is costly.
I haven't decided between Quadrigacx and kraken yet. Which one of the 2 would u recommend for someone starting off. Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1137 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
sdanny wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 11:32 pm
I haven't decided between Quadrigacx and kraken yet. Which one of the 2 would u recommend for someone starting off. Thanks
Kraken takes a wire to a Japanese bank, it can take 12 days, Quadrigacx is instant with Interac Online but one has to ask banks for an older debit card that doesn't have a Viza/MC logo. With BTC growing everyday, timing is crucial to catch that high ride.
Kraken probably has Interac too, I haven't unlocked all verifications yet.
Dec 31, 2015
201 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What would be a good entry for BTL Group? Very curious about this company.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13409 posts
1225 upvotes
sdanny wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 11:32 pm
Personally, I like Quadriga. I find their UI way less confusing, faster and intuitive, and they offer more depositing options. For withdrawing cash I'm not sure. I haven't used either.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2246 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Syne wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:29 am
Personally, I like Quadriga. I find their UI way less confusing, faster and intuitive, and they offer more depositing options. For withdrawing cash I'm not sure. I haven't used either.
Where do you withdraw your money ?
Last edited by Ticco on Oct 10th, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2643 posts
478 upvotes
Toronto
If one already had BTC, how do you access your bitcoin gold that got forked recently?
Jan 29, 2007
154 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
Super_Chicken wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 8:58 am
If one already had BTC, how do you access your bitcoin gold that got forked recently?
It got forked already? I don't see it.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1137 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Bitcoin Gold is forked on October 25, and it's unknown which exchanges are participating.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2643 posts
478 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, sorry, I meant bitcoin cash.

There's a bitcoin gold too now? What the hell's going on...
Feb 11, 2007
299 posts
70 upvotes
also another free coin in november Bitcoin2x. a corporate attempt to try and centalize bitcoin for the suits and miners.

imo just hodl your bitcoins and think of these forks(free coins) as dividends.

Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2180 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
jcdogg wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:33 pm
also another free coin in november Bitcoin2x. a corporate attempt to try and centalize bitcoin for the suits and miners.

imo just hodl your bitcoins and think of these forks(free coins) as dividends.

From what I read only one of these forks can survive since there is no replay protection in B2X, is that incorrect?
Feb 11, 2007
299 posts
70 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:14 pm
From what I read only one of these forks can survive since there is no replay protection in B2X, is that incorrect?
nobody knows for sure yet. there is alot of pressure for replay protection to be added from the consensus so we'll have to wait and see.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2303 posts
155 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:29 am
We just cant have anything done the easy way in Canada can we?
It would just be too complicated to be able to give a debit card number and have the funds transfered directly to your bank account and vice versa... so UnCanadian.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

tranceaddict, theinfamous, hameljon