Bitcoin and Ether

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 4:26 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1125 posts
94 upvotes
That is the word on the street yet bitcoin is coming back towards $7000 yet again. Almost there with in the past hour.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4518 posts
494 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:32 pm
Looks like Bitcoin Cash might take the reins over Bitcoin?
No
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1116 posts
115 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:32 pm
Looks like Bitcoin Cash might take the reins over Bitcoin?
Only a fool would believe that. Just a ploy by the BCash whales to lure unsuspecting noobs over so they can dump on them.

If Bitcoin is dipping now, why buy something that is going up?

"But low, sell high". Wash, rinse, repeat.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1125 posts
94 upvotes
5ilver5py wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:26 am
BitcoinCash/Bcash is a heavily manipulated centralized coin. All the volume is coming out of one korean exchange: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bi ... h/#markets

Don't get caught in this pump and dump.
Straight from the fool Tone Vays on why bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin (classic!) :facepalm:

Just look at what he has said in the past.
https://news.bitcoin.com/tone-vays-90-b ... aningless/

Utter crap fest between warring sects of the blockchains still going on until one is done and finished.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1125 posts
94 upvotes
Now we are in a place of whack a moe of "How low can you go?!?"
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1125 posts
94 upvotes
Get-a-fix wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:07 pm
Just read this, people getting scammed in Bitcoin now, how dumb can you get:

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptoc ... -atm-scam/
Well this is the reason why the US treasury board is looking at crypto and it's effect on the financial sector in the states right now.
Could be the reason why people are moving into these alts at the moment so to keep in their own little niche market.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
Hey fellas, I am a little green to all this so please excuse my naivety. I just recently signed up to coinsquare to buy bitcoin. I was going to use coinbase but learned they only accept credit cards and charge high fees to use them. The coinsqaure website doesn't have any number you can call and although it seems legitimate there still isn't a lot of information to go off especially when people are investing large sums of money. I just had a few questions for those who have expeiernce using coinsquare.

Can anyone who uses coinsquare tell me if it is easy to liquidate your money once you sell bit coin?

Are Capital gains taxes applied?

Once I purchase bitcoin am I to transfer it to a digital wallet? My intention is to keep it long term, but ive heard that if you dont transfer it to a digital wallet the money may be at risk of disappearing if the website was to ever shut down.

Thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1125 posts
94 upvotes
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 4:04 pm
Hey fellas, I am a little green to all this so please excuse my naivety. I just recently signed up to coinsquare to buy bitcoin. I was going to use coinbase but learned they only accept credit cards and charge high fees to use them. The coinsqaure website doesn't have any number you can call and although it seems legitimate there still isn't a lot of information to go off especially when people are investing large sums of money. I just had a few questions for those who have expeiernce using coinsquare.

Can anyone who uses coinsquare tell me if it is easy to liquidate your money once you sell bit coin?

Are Capital gains taxes applied?

Once I purchase bitcoin am I to transfer it to a digital wallet? My intention is to keep it long term, but ive heard that if you dont transfer it to a digital wallet the money may be at risk of disappearing if the website was to ever shut down.

Thanks in advance
Maybe best to try their 'classic' site which is what I was use to when I first went there a year or so ago.
https://classic.coinsquare.io/

For the other things. As far as I know it is not capital gains as long as you hold it in it's current form and not into local currency they will not tax you on that amount of bitcoin you hold.

Never hold bitcoin in a wallet on an exchange.
That is not it's purpose but to trade with other alt coins or against the dollar value with it.

Withdraw it right after you have done that.
Use exchanges at your own risk and you will do just fine. ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
Hey thanks for the reply, just to clarify are you suggesting not to store Bitcoin in a digital wallet? I was under the impression that the wallet was the safest place to store bit coins, again I don't plan on trading once I buy just holding for long term growth.
Jun 25, 2012
117 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:20 pm
Hey thanks for the reply, just to clarify are you suggesting not to store Bitcoin in a digital wallet? I was under the impression that the wallet was the safest place to store bit coins, again I don't plan on trading once I buy just holding for long term growth.
TheRock2012 is suggesting you should not hold in exchanges due to hacks and concerns over funding. I suggest you read up on the different types of wallets and exchange hacks.

I typically buy with coinbase because it's instant and wires/bank draft/money orders to kraken or coinsquare can take a while to process and it's typically a $30 bank fee to wire. The 4% fee with card isn't too bad when you consider your cash back from card or points too. You can buy LTC on coinbase and transfer to other exchanges to trade, the fees are pretty minimal with LTC IME.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1026 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
I quickly learned that GDAX which leverages CoinBase's use base, charges WAY less for purchasing BTC/ETH/BTH ... then just transfer to your Electrum or any other cold storage and you should be safe!

I suspected that the pump in BTH was a ploy by a few select powerful market movers... BTC going to 20K by next year!
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
1714 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:20 pm
It depends on the wallet but a software/app wallet should be fine as long as you're in control of your private key.

Just don't leave it on an exchange or web wallet.

And if you're holding a LARGE amount then it's best to invest in a hardware wallet.
This message have been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

samin62