• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:23 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4032 posts
871 upvotes
Thornhill
I've been out of this space for a long time but am looking to get back in but will be watching on the sidelines until Bitcoin Cash corrects further. FOMO crowd funneling into Bitcoin Cash will inevitably bring about a correction when the Koreans decide to dump.

Pondering whether I'm going to enter Bitcoin Cash after a correction or just through Bitcoin. Personally I think the better long-term bet is Bitcoin itself simply because there is already too much infrastructure and big money via hedgefunds and private funds who have already adopted Bitcoin.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8254 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 12:01 pm
I've been out of this space for a long time but am looking to get back in but will be watching on the sidelines until Bitcoin Cash corrects further. FOMO crowd funneling into Bitcoin Cash will inevitably bring about a correction when the Koreans decide to dump.

Pondering whether I'm going to enter Bitcoin Cash or just through Bitcoin. Personally I think the better long-term bet is Bitcoin itself simply because there is already too much infrastructure and big money via hedgefunds and private funds who have already adopted Bitcoin.
Exactly why I’m buying small amounts of BTC here and there. If Bitcoin Gold comes around for purchase and starts fairly cheap I’ll buy that as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
The miners are controlling the BTC / BCH balance at the moment and they have moved their operations over to BCH since it's more profitable and as a result of the failed 2x fork as a way to get back at the core team. We will just have to sit back and watch the fallout of this manipulation. Personally I added to a few alts but I'm staying away from BTC and BCH for now. BTC could be a decent buy at ~$6K
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2758 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Frank2029 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:30 am
holy crap is anyone doubling up their money?

i fell asleep on the couch and woke up just intime last night for the crazy 5hit fest. made some good profits :)
I could have 5X my profits but I didn't take it and eventually fell asleep. Worst move I've made so far.
Mar 4, 2007
353 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone using Tangerine to fund their Quadriga accounts via Electronics Fund Transfer? Just wondering if that is still an option on there.

Running out of options on how to fund accounts. The money transfer option is down and Interac online is only available through a few banks which charge monthly fees to have an account with them.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
For those using coinsquare, is there a limit of bit coin you can purchase? I know coinbase is $250 a week which is crap as im looking to buy 1-2 bitcoins
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:37 pm
For those using coinsquare, is there a limit of bit coin you can purchase? I know coinbase is $250 a week which is crap as im looking to buy 1-2 bitcoins
Part of their verification is limiting how much you can fund your account for the first few deposits. Once you fund your account there should be no limit on BTC purchases

[edit]: at least it was this way a few months back when I signed up
Last edited by blexann on Nov 12th, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2012
456 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Why so small? My limit with quadriga is 2000/day to start. Now 2500
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
For those of you with 1 or more bitcoins, what kind of wallet do you recommend for holding BTC?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1116 posts
115 upvotes
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:03 pm
For those of you with 1 or more bitcoins, what kind of wallet do you recommend for holding BTC?

Thanks
Exodus is pretty straight forward. Nice GUI. Supports not just Bitcoin but other cryptocurrencies too.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
Alt1ma wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:09 pm
Exodus is pretty straight forward. Nice GUI. Supports not just Bitcoin but other cryptocurrencies too.
Agree on Exodus. For large amounts I highly recommend a hard wallet
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
Alt1ma wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:09 pm
Ok so you purchased from an exchange site like Coinbase and then transferred to Exodus correct? Sorry i'm new and trying to learn,
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1116 posts
115 upvotes
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:22 pm
Ok so you purchased from an exchange site like Coinbase and then transferred to Exodus correct? Sorry i'm new and trying to learn,
Yes that's correct.

Let's say you buy Bitcoin from QuadrigaCX/Bitstamp, you will have a BTC wallet there. You can transfer the Bitcoin to:

1) Software wallet (like Exodus)
2) Hardware wallet (like Trezor or Nano Ledger)
3) Exchanges (like Bittrex, Liqui, Binance to exchange for other cryptocurrencies)
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
Alt1ma wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:28 pm
Yes that's correct.

Let's say you buy Bitcoin from QuadrigaCX/Bitstamp, you will have a BTC wallet there. You can transfer the Bitcoin to:

3) Exchanges (like Bittrex, Liqui, Binance to exchange for other cryptocurrencies)
Sweet thanks a lot
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2203 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Alt1ma wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:28 pm
Yes that's correct.

Right on - I'd probably get a hardware wallet if I had 1 BTC.

Question - I heard that when you transfer from Coinbase to GDAX, the network fee's are eaten by coinbase, and then likewise to move your coins from GDAX to your personal wallet, the fees are 0, is that actually true?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

sil300