Investing

Bitcoin and Ether

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:23 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
Also once the funds are in a wallet such as Exodus/Trezor, if I wanted to later cash out my Bitcoins back to CAD, I'm guessing I would have to transfer back to Coinbase and have the Bitcoins exchanged to CAD and then transferred to my bank account.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6629 posts
783 upvotes
ragingbull wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:48 pm
Also once the funds are in a wallet such as Exodus/Trezor, if I wanted to later cash out my Bitcoins back to CAD, I'm guessing I would have to transfer back to Coinbase and have the Bitcoins exchanged to CAD and then transferred to my bank account.
coinbase doesnt allow canadians to sell crypto for cash

you'll have to use coinsquare or quadriga or some such other brokerages
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1124 posts
94 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:46 pm
Right on - I'd probably get a hardware wallet if I had 1 BTC.

Question - I heard that when you transfer from Coinbase to GDAX, the network fee's are eaten by coinbase, and then likewise to move your coins from GDAX to your personal wallet, the fees are 0, is that actually true?
For those with bank accounts ie. American U.S citizens Yes.
Canadians No.
Unfortunately.
Mar 4, 2007
353 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
Siralex wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:46 pm
Anyone using Tangerine to fund their Quadriga accounts via Electronics Fund Transfer? Just wondering if that is still an option on there.

Running out of options on how to fund accounts. The money transfer option is down and Interac online is only available through a few banks which charge monthly fees to have an account with them.
Can anyone provide an update? Thx
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
Siralex wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:52 pm
Can anyone provide an update? Thx
then try coinbase or coinsquare
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Mar 4, 2007
353 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
blexann wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:57 pm
then try coinbase or coinsquare
yeah already on coinbase. wanting to get on Quad
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8254 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't seen anywhere to buy BCG in Canada. Does anyone know of any exchanges where it's pretty easy to purchase BCG? I'm hoping QuadrigaCX picks it up and supports it soon because it doesn't appear as if Coinbase is going to support BCG or even BCH at all. Not sure why they even have LTC as it seems pointless.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1124 posts
94 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:24 am
I haven't seen anywhere to buy BCG in Canada. Does anyone know of any exchanges where it's pretty easy to purchase BCG? I'm hoping QuadrigaCX picks it up and supports it soon because it doesn't appear as if Coinbase is going to support BCG or even BCH at all. Not sure why they even have LTC as it seems pointless.
Cause coinbase doesn't believe in all this fork hoopla and did not even payout bitcoin cash to anyone who held bitcoin in their exchange wallets since August's fork of that. And said they would in 2018. ROFL!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

As for litecoin. A lead guy who was working for coinbase created litecoin.
So that just might be the reason why it got listed on there.Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1818 posts
150 upvotes
Sidney
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:33 am
Cause coinbase doesn't believe in all this fork hoopla and did not even payout bitcoin cash to anyone who held bitcoin in their exchange wallets since August's fork of that. And said they would in 2018. ROFL!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

As for litecoin. A lead guy who was working for coinbase created litecoin.
So that just might be the reason why it got listed on there.Winking Face
Cob Lee....he's the founder's brother. It was speculated for years that Litecoin would get listed.
Aug 20, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Invest in Bitcoin, the price is booming and experts claim the price of 1 single bitcoin to surpass $100000 in 5 years.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8254 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
satanicdreams wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:49 am
Invest in Bitcoin, the price is booming and experts claim the price of 1 single bitcoin to surpass $100000 in 5 years.
I heard $50K

My question is why are these so called “experts” assuming it’ll be worth that much?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1538 posts
671 upvotes
Hamilton
satanicdreams wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:49 am
Our father, who art in heaven....
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
1714 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:20 am
I heard $50K

My question is why are these so called “experts” assuming it’ll be worth that much?
So weak people like satanicdreams will buy in bulk and pump up the prices so the 'experts' can sell at huge gains.
This message have been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Feb 11, 2007
267 posts
48 upvotes

Bitcoin is the most secured global decentralized digital gold with really not much hurdle to start to invest in. It has real scarcity, only 21 million bitcoins will ever be minted by 2145. If you look at it compare to other assets around the world it is still very young, so investing now could potentially pay off big.
Dec 16, 2015
710 posts
285 upvotes
Canada
Lol u guys still naive...

Yesterday’s power struggle where only 2 people and 1 group can shift tens of billions away from bitcoin proves it has a major weakness.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

sil300