Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2203 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
jcdogg wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:53 pm

Bitcoin is the most secured global decentralized digital gold with really not much hurdle to start to invest in. It has real scarcity, only 21 million bitcoins will ever be minted by 2145. If you look at it compare to other assets around the world it is still very young, so investing now could potentially pay off big.
Except that Apple and Amazon are matured after 20+ years. That chart should also include AOL and Pets.com at their peak.

Crypto is here to stay - and Bitcoin might make it to 1 million, but you're pretty dumb if you throw down 100k into it and thinking it's going to turn into millions for you 20 years later. It might, but it might not. That's gambling.

In the short to medium term you're probably going to do well buy holding but no one knows how it's going to play out. Did anyone predict Apple when it was on it's deathbed to be the company it is today lol.

Throw down money you can lose.

Bitcoin has the brand power now - but that doesn't mean it will in the future.

The people who stand to make the most money from this are the people who know what they're doing. In my mind, once you or IF, you double your money you should take your original investment out and let the profits ride, learning how and when to take some profits along the way obviously. But don't just "invest" your savings into this thinking it's going to make you rich when you retire.
Last edited by Ticco on Nov 13th, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:01 pm
Lol u guys still naive...

Yesterday’s power struggle where only 2 people and 1 group can shift tens of billions away from bitcoin proves it has a major weakness.
educate us
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2203 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:24 am
I haven't seen anywhere to buy BCG in Canada. Does anyone know of any exchanges where it's pretty easy to purchase BCG? I'm hoping QuadrigaCX picks it up and supports it soon because it doesn't appear as if Coinbase is going to support BCG or even BCH at all. Not sure why they even have LTC as it seems pointless.
Binance Winking Face

BTC/BCG though, not with CAD.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2203 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
BTW - did anyone experience BTC taking hours and paying higher than usual network fees when trying to transfer to and from wallets recently?

I've been reluctant to move my BTC because of this sh*t. I read someone paid $4 to move $20 lol
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:30 pm
BTW - did anyone experience BTC taking hours and paying higher than usual network fees when trying to transfer to and from wallets recently?

I've been reluctant to move my BTC because of this sh*t. I read someone paid $4 to move $20 lol
I haven't but it's not surprising. Heard people using Bitpay were experiencing very slow processing times with BTC payments.
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8254 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote:

A couple weeks ago JAXX was going to charge me $7 to send $22 worth of BTC.

I noticed this after the fact unfortunately and it was set to the normal sending speed.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2006
1104 posts
Has anyone here ever had issues liquidating their bitcoins on coinsquare?(those who have liquidated 1 or more bitcoins to CAD) is it a fairly easy process?

Thanks in advance
Feb 5, 2012
199 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
samin62 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:08 am
I please hope none of you chased the Bitcoin Cash rally after it went up 2x
I did... upped my $70,000 investment to $110,000 and then the price crashed and now my investment is down to $35,000 and bch continues to plumet day by day. I wish Quadrigacx allowed for a stop loss and i didn't get so greedy.

Really depressed right now. Lesson learned....
Oct 19, 2014
756 posts
106 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:01 pm
Lol u guys still naive...

Yesterday’s power struggle where only 2 people and 1 group can shift tens of billions away from bitcoin proves it has a major weakness.
Exactly, so much for being 'decentralized'. It's easily manipulated and not much different from Fiat being printed out at will by central banks.
Dec 16, 2015
710 posts
285 upvotes
Canada
poppy1337 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:26 am
I did... upped my $70,000 investment to $110,000 and then the price crashed and now my investment is down to $35,000 and bch continues to plumet day by day. I wish Quadrigacx allowed for a stop loss and i didn't get so greedy.

You funded through canadian dollars via wire/etf? Or do you already have the funds there?

Quadriga dont even have a working wire system rite now...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8254 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
poppy1337 wrote:

Prices are all over the place. Just wait it out. BTC is already going back up

(Example, the other day my $270 went down to $235 and I was thinking "Damn why did I buy any of this!!!". 2 days later (now) it's at $283.36 So either cut your losses and don't lose your shit about it or just wait until you break even and withdraw or make a profit. Because although you threw a ton more money in than most people would, you also sound like drops freak you out. I personally wouldn't worry about it too much.

On the flip side of it, we're purchasing at very high rates, which is something people are saying we shouldn't be doing. But I plan to buy even more and keep buying more and hold it for several years. It's money that I'm not afraid to lose though.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
1714 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote:

If you tried to do it in the heat of the dump a couple days ago that $20 would cost you $18.50 in fees
This message have been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Mar 2, 2011
151 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
poppy1337 wrote:

Damn that sucks man. You are lucky this is crypto and you turn it around to fast track it back to profit. Provided you make the right decisions
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1026 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
Bought first $250 CAD of BTC on Coinbase yesterday , and then they credited me $10 worth of BTC which basically offset the $10 transaction fee I paid. Already up a few bucks! Can't wait to be able to buy more once Quadriga and Gemini approve me. TO THE MOON!
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1124 posts
94 upvotes
samin62 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:13 am
Damn that sucks man. You are lucky this is crypto and you turn it around to fast track it back to profit. Provided you make the right decisions
Just like if you bought Ethereum on the down trend.
Like I did.
Bought about half ethereum and now it is going up.

It all depends on the time of day on the coin that you put into and when you cash out.

It is like a gamble right now.
And always bet on BTC to stay firm as it is what everything else bases their value on.
It goes down and so does all the other alt coins out there.

Don't fall into this trick that the fork-apocalypse had put into everybodies minds.
Set your goals when it comes to crypto and do not follow what others are doing.

Buck the trend and you will do fine.

Good luck all! ;)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

sil300