• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:23 am
Tags:
Feb 11, 2007
267 posts
48 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:48 pm
Except that Apple and Amazon are matured after 20+ years. That chart should also include AOL and Pets.com at their peak.

Crypto is here to stay - and Bitcoin might make it to 1 million, but you're pretty dumb if you throw down 100k into it and thinking it's going to turn into millions for you 20 years later. It might, but it might not. That's gambling.

In the short to medium term you're probably going to do well buy holding but no one knows how it's going to play out. Did anyone predict Apple when it was on it's deathbed to be the company it is today lol.

Throw down money you can lose.

Bitcoin has the brand power now - but that doesn't mean it will in the future.

The people who stand to make the most money from this are the people who know what they're doing. In my mind, once you or IF, you double your money you should take your original investment out and let the profits ride, learning how and when to take some profits along the way obviously. But don't just "invest" your savings into this thinking it's going to make you rich when you retire.

Nothing is a for sure thing, nobody is saying that, just retorting to people who are still calling crypto a ponzi scheme.

The point of the chart is to show you how early on we are in crypto currency. As with anything new, there is volatility. That volatility levels out overtime as the market cap grows bigger.
Mar 11, 2017
171 posts
21 upvotes
BC
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:58 pm
Just like if you bought Ethereum on the down trend.
Like I did.
Bought about half ethereum and now it is going up.

It all depends on the time of day on the coin that you put into and when you cash out.

It is like a gamble right now.
And always bet on BTC to stay firm as it is what everything else bases their value on.
It goes down and so does all the other alt coins out there.

Don't fall into this trick that the fork-apocalypse had put into everybodies minds.
Set your goals when it comes to crypto and do not follow what others are doing.

Buck the trend and you will do fine.

Good luck all! ;)
What % of BTC and ETH do you recommend in a portfolio?
Dec 16, 2015
710 posts
285 upvotes
Canada
Whats the fastest way to fund canadians to btc (with the fastest verification) right now???
Mar 2, 2011
151 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:15 am
You funded through canadian dollars via wire/etf? Or do you already have the funds there?

Quadriga dont even have a working wire system rite now...
Can you elaborate on the wire transfer bit?
Feb 5, 2012
199 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:15 am
You funded through canadian dollars via wire/etf? Or do you already have the funds there?

Quadriga dont even have a working wire system rite now...
Interac Online - $2,000 everyday.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1124 posts
94 upvotes
grilw wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:56 pm
Bought first $250 CAD of BTC on Coinbase yesterday , and then they credited me $10 worth of BTC which basically offset the $10 transaction fee I paid. Already up a few bucks! Can't wait to be able to buy more once Quadriga and Gemini approve me. TO THE MOON!
Why did they credit you again?
You are verified on them?

I just use my credit card to buy from them at $100 per week. Which is nothing right now at today's rates.
Forgot that gemini had an exchange that allowed Canadians to trade via CAD. Rofl! Those pesky Winklevoss brothers! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
https://gemini.com/blog/you-can-now-tra ... in-canada/
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:47 pm
Whats the fastest way to fund canadians to btc (with the fastest verification) right now???
Maybe the bigger exchanges told by the volume of btc they hold.
A bittrex or even bitfinex.

But I heard that bitfinex will soon be not allowing citizen of the United States to hold accounts with them.
Does this apply to Canadians as well?

Due to some kind of rules or regulation on exchanges in the states or Coinbase saying to the cryptoworld "We are the states only exchange!" :twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1026 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:28 pm
Why did they credit you again?
You are verified on them?
It was a referral bonus because when I signed up I used someone's referral link. I am verified on Coinbase but my weekly limit is still $250 , I'm not sure how to increase it further at the present moment...
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Mar 11, 2017
171 posts
21 upvotes
BC
** Quadriga **
Important - Interac Online supports RBC, BMO, TD, Scotia and several credit union debit cards that are not co-badged with a Visa or MasterCard logo on them. Here is a full list of financial institutions that support Interac Online: Participating Institutions. If your institution is supported but you have a co-badged card, you may want to see if you can obtain one of the older client cards, open an account with a new institution that supports Interac Online, or explore other funding options found here: Funding Options

All my debit cards have a VISA logo.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2148 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
syphonefly wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:23 pm
** Quadriga **
Important - Interac Online supports RBC, BMO, TD, Scotia and several credit union debit cards that are not co-badged with a Visa or MasterCard logo on them. Here is a full list of financial institutions that support Interac Online: Participating Institutions. If your institution is supported but you have a co-badged card, you may want to see if you can obtain one of the older client cards, open an account with a new institution that supports Interac Online, or explore other funding options found here: Funding Options

All my debit cards have a VISA logo.
You can go into the bank and request one of the older style debit cards, I remember reading about someone else who had done it a few pages back.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6629 posts
783 upvotes
poppy1337 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:26 am
I did... upped my $70,000 investment to $110,000 and then the price crashed and now my investment is down to $35,000 and bch continues to plumet day by day. I wish Quadrigacx allowed for a stop loss and i didn't get so greedy.

Really depressed right now. Lesson learned....
you'll make it back very easily, just leave it. It'll take some time but theses peaks and valleys tend to repeat with high numbers.

You can put a sell order at the same price to cut even, in the future, whenever, or even do a sell price above to get a profit. Only thing it needs is time to cook.

Litecoin waas manipulated aand crashed hard back down to like $2 a few years ago, from i think $10? or so. It took over 2 years to recover from that....and whats the price now?

No guarantees of course, but crypto market isnt anything like the stock market. Things can go tits up overnight, or quadruple in price over the course of you eating lunch. Dont be too sad.
Dec 16, 2015
710 posts
285 upvotes
Canada
How do you pass coinbase’s lousy verification?? It wont take my ID through webcam said image quality sucks. Text link verficiation also not sending...Ghost
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6629 posts
783 upvotes
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:44 pm
How do you pass coinbase’s lousy verification?? It wont take my ID through webcam said image quality sucks. Text link verficiation also not sending...Ghost
phone camera?
Mar 11, 2017
171 posts
21 upvotes
BC
It took me a few tries.. I took picture with my phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1116 posts
115 upvotes
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:01 pm
Lol u guys still naive...

Yesterday’s power struggle where only 2 people and 1 group can shift tens of billions away from bitcoin proves it has a major weakness.
I thought smart people know that you can profit from volatility?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2148 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:44 pm
I had the same problem, attempted probably 50 times and it never worked. I gave up and signed up on quadrigacx and coinsquare and now I pretty my exclusively use quadrigacx to purchase LTC/BTC and transfer what I need to Bittrex if I'm going to buy some alts.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

sil300