• Nov 19th, 2017 11:14 pm
Tags:
Dec 16, 2015
710 posts
301 upvotes
Canada
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:04 pm

I had the same problem, attempted probably 50 times and it never worked. I gave up and signed up on quadrigacx and coinsquare and now I pretty my exclusively use quadrigacx to purchase LTC/BTC and transfer what I need to Bittrex if I'm going to buy some alts.
But their wire or etf is not working right??? How do canadians deposito some fiatt to this brave new world??
Dec 21, 2007
361 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:32 pm
You can go into the bank and request one of the older style debit cards, I remember reading about someone else who had done it a few pages back.
Nope...I went back and forth with TD a few times, and they essentially said once you have VISA Debit there is no going back. Only their grandfathered business accounts are Interac Online capable.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2204 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
You dudes watching the price - we at a key level here. Up or down. Break out or fake out. Price action looking good but volume still watching...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2204 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
jcdogg wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:26 pm
Nothing is a for sure thing, nobody is saying that, just retorting to people who are still calling crypto a ponzi scheme.

The point of the chart is to show you how early on we are in crypto currency. As with anything new, there is volatility. That volatility levels out overtime as the market cap grows bigger.
Yea I agree for sure. This is the 1995 of the internet era, not the 2000s, so there is no google or amazon, etc. I mean, they were there but they'd be akin to a random alt-coin right now lol.

Bitcoin is akin to AOL - and AOL along with other giants of the early era all disappeared. The current giants today didn't come into clarity until the 2000s after the bubble had burst and the technology maturing.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1861 posts
212 upvotes
I like QuadrigaCX even though exchange rate isn't so great. Back when they let you do email money transfer it was sweet. Now they have cancelled that option which is a shame.
Also look into Kraken, their site has been acting lately, but on than that their verification is a bit easier.
Jun 25, 2007
177 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Folks, it's been a while. I got into cryptocurrency early this year and unfortunately got side tracked due to some other priorties I had to take care of. I want to get back into it and start investing regularly. However, I need some advice. While I feel like I screwed up by not investing into bitcoin (as it was 2k at the time), I still feel it's never too late I hope. At the time, I invested into Ether/Litecoin instead. Currently, my holdings are as follows:

1) Exchange 1:
  • Bought 0.40 Ether at $199.97 CAD
  • Bought 0.62 Ether at $196.86 CAD

Total ETH: 1.02

2) Exchange 2:
  • Bought 0.83000000 ETH at 357.5 USD
  • Bought 0.71000000 ETH at 420.5 USD

Total ETH: 1.54

3) Exchange 3:
  • Bought 6.6 LTC at $283.80

Total LTC: 6.6

In summary, I currently hold 2.56 ETH ($ 1080.14 CAD) and 6.6 LTC ($ 530 CAD). I am currently registered on Coinbase, Quadriga and CEX. I can invest 2-4k immediately and will start adding where possible. As my intention is to get back into investing in cryptocurrency, I would like some advice based on my current situation.

I had the following questions:

1) Should I sell any of my current holdings (ETH or LTC) and invest in BTC?
2) Should I invest more in ETH and/or LTC?
3) If I have 2-4k to invest, should I dump it all in BTC or diversify into BTC/ETH/LTC?
4) What's your preferred exchange? Quadriga, Coinbase, Coinsquare... etc.
5) I currently use Jaxx wallet to store LTC and my ETH is on Coinbase and CEX. What wallet do you recommend I keep all my holdings in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4518 posts
494 upvotes
tranceaddict wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:52 pm
Folks, it's been a while. I got into cryptocurrency early this year and unfortunately got side tracked due to some other priorties I had to take care of. I want to get back into it and start investing regularly. However, I need some advice. While I feel like I screwed up by not investing into bitcoin (as it was 2k at the time), I still feel it's never too late I hope. At the time, I invested into Ether/Litecoin instead. Currently, my holdings are as follows:

1) Exchange 1:
  • Bought 0.40 Ether at $199.97 CAD
  • Bought 0.62 Ether at $196.86 CAD

Total ETH: 1.02

2) Exchange 2:
  • Bought 0.83000000 ETH at 357.5 USD

Total ETH: 1.54

3) Exchange 3:
  • Bought 6.6 LTC at $283.80

Total LTC: 6.6

In summary, I currently hold 2.56 ETH ($ 1080.14 CAD) and 6.6 LTC ($ 530 CAD). I am currently registered on Coinbase, Quadriga and CEX. I can invest 2-4k immediately and will start adding where possible. As my intention is to get back into investing in cryptocurrency, I would like some advice based on my current situation.

I had the following questions:

1) Should I sell any of my current holdings (ETH or LTC) and invest in BTC?
2) Should I invest more in ETH and/or LTC?
3) If I have 2-4k to invest, should I dump it all in BTC or diversify into BTC/ETH/LTC?
4) What's your preferred exchange? Quadriga, Coinbase, Coinsquare... etc.
5) I currently use Jaxx wallet to store LTC and my ETH is on Coinbase and CEX. What wallet do you recommend I keep all my holdings in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
My opinion,

1, no
2. ETH with small amounts into LTC, reason is LTC has many competitors (BCH, Zcash and even Dogecoin is in the mix still)
3. diversify
4. Quad, Coinsquare, Coinbase, Bitfinex for altcoins
5. Exodus is a very solid wallet only downside is they don't have a mobile version just yet.
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1029 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
Meanwhile my purchasing limits increase by $1 every 20 minutes on coinbase after having placed my first order of $300 and a total of $15 in fees, it's just laughable ... Quadriga please approve me already ...

And they're gonna ding me $10 just to move my funds to electrum ...

And GDAX is all kinds of useless ...
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Jun 25, 2007
177 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:11 am
Meanwhile my purchasing limits increase by $1 every 20 minutes on coinbase after having placed my first order of $300 and a total of $15 in fees, it's just laughable ... Quadriga please approve me already ...

And they're gonna ding me $10 just to move my funds to electrum ...

And GDAX is all kinds of useless ...
Check out CEX.io! I was able to get approved fairly quickly and they have rather large limits or wait for quadriga. good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1029 posts
29 upvotes
Thornhill
tranceaddict wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:18 am
Check out CEX.io! I was able to get approved fairly quickly and they have rather large limits or wait for quadriga. good luck!
If you google "cex.io reddit" , you find nothing but horror stories ... a bit disconcerting
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Jun 25, 2007
177 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:31 am
If you google "cex.io reddit" , you find nothing but horror stories ... a bit disconcerting
hmm...I have had 0 issues but then again i only bought 1.54 ETH. I was able to trade/sell as well as send my ETH to my wallet. anyhow, I will look into it. tx for the headsup!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3556 posts
450 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:40 pm
Litecoin waas manipulated aand crashed hard back down to like $2 a few years ago, from i think $10? or so. It took over 2 years to recover from that....and whats the price now?
Almost $50:

https://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-price-surges/

From there, it slowly declined and stagnated in the small single digit range until this year's boom in everything.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4032 posts
871 upvotes
Thornhill
Upon further research on liquidity and stability of being able to buy/sell on Kraken, I've changed my mind on entering this space again via an exchange. In the past I owned Bitcoin via mining and held the funds in my digital wallet so liquidity was not an issue but paranoia was.

I'm instead going to be watching Square and PayPal stocks for entry as proxy's into the crypto-currency service providers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8261 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:05 am
Upon further research on liquidity and stability of being able to buy/sell on Kraken, I've changed my mind on entering this space again via an exchange. In the past I owned Bitcoin via mining and held the funds in my digital wallet so liquidity was not an issue but paranoia was.

I'm instead going to be watching Square and PayPal stocks for entry as proxy's into the crypto-currency service providers.
Square maybe, But i almost never see anyone using it at all anymore to be honest. The last 2 times I've seen it were at reptile expos and a vape store. Paypal, due to my long history with them and losing about $600USD to a scammer (and paypal recovering $10 saying 'they did their part on the buyer protection'. They can burn for all I care.

I'm regularly buying small amounts of BTC here and there ($50-$100 every week or 2). So far, right after I bought the value just plummeted but now it's just slightly above what I put in. Hoping it stays where it's at for awhile so I can buy more and more and then it goes up. Bitcoin futures is supposed to launch around mid-december which may make the value go up as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
1714 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
I can't believe there are people here who don't think cryptocurrencies have become a ponzi scheme.

Even the originals (bitcoin, litecoin) have been compromised. Planned pump and dumps, ICOs for companies that have nothing but websites, new coins with no real use case coming out every week, 75% of bitcoin hashing power is in China. There is only ONE real ASIC provider in China (you know, China, the country where EVERYTHING is counterfeited). This tells you the Chinese government is also in on the scheme.

Even the bitcoin cash pump was planned by people like Roger Ver, Calvin Ayre, Bitmain, and some others with too much power.

Once the regulators get their hands on this I predict a lot of people going to jail.
This message have been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.