• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 10:55 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1168 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can anyone tell me how to buy bitcoins and how to put them in a wallet?

I have tried googling it, but normally every answer says "buy it, and put it in a wallet". I am trying to find out what happens what I buy bitcoin - what do I get in return? Where is it kept? And how do I put it in a wallet? Are wallets free?
Apr 22, 2014
462 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
canoek wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:38 pm

I have tried googling it, but normally every answer says "buy it, and put it in a wallet". I am trying to find out what happens what I buy bitcoin - what do I get in return? Where is it kept? And how do I put it in a wallet? Are wallets free?
You can buy them a variety of ways but most people go to an exchange like Quadrigacx. You deposit money, buy bitcoin from other people selling them. It's like buying stock.

You can then move it to a wallet of your choice. https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
Feb 11, 2007
301 posts
72 upvotes
canoek wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:38 pm

Easiest way is sign up for Coinbase, however, Coinbase will keep you at a $100/weekly limit for a while before you've bought enough and given enough ID. If you want to invest now and more than $100 I'd suggest get on Quadriga.
Dec 23, 2010
686 posts
243 upvotes
Ottawa
I believe in Ethereum as I like the 'open source cloud' concept it promotes but I don't believe in Bitcoin. I want to invest in Ethereum but I'm concerned that a giant and inevitable plunge in bitcoin value will also impact all crypto-currencies. Is it a smarter play to just wait for the bubble to run its course before investing in Ether?
Aug 22, 2013
13 posts
2 upvotes
@Applesmack, although no one knows for certain what will happen. I think you're right, the trends show that the market moves with BTC..
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1080 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
Cant believe i sold at 10K btc...
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
Sep 28, 2010
518 posts
106 upvotes
Surrey
im at the point where i can walk away with a small amount of cash, which would help me, or just sit back and watch it climb...we all know its gonna burst soon, but when ? Nobody knows.... How do most people here deal with it? I think take out as much as i put in, but than im left with a lot less..
Apr 24, 2013
118 posts
14 upvotes
I so want to shoot myself when i see the price of btc but nvm.

GUys what do you think about REQ, a friend is telling me to buy it before tomorrow night as it is suppose to spike.
Jun 25, 2017
80 posts
18 upvotes
grilw wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:10 pm
Cant believe i sold at 10K btc...
Ouchhhhh , how many did you have ?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4674 posts
558 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:39 pm
im at the point where i can walk away with a small amount of cash, which would help me, or just sit back and watch it climb...we all know its gonna burst soon, but when ? Nobody knows.... How do most people here deal with it? I think take out as much as i put in, but than im left with a lot less..
take out a half position instead of the whole thing. win-win
Come join the Crypto discussion :

https://chat.whatsapp.com/33kLOgl0JXD7GLH0N0tspk

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7341 posts
244 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:39 pm
I wouldnt listen to people who say its going to burst soon or its going to the moon. Specially on the internet. NO ONE knows what will happen.

The only thing for sure is that blockchain technology is legit.

You could take some money out now and then later down the road beat yourself up because you could have multiplied your investment 10X or you could lose it all.
Is it a smarter play to just wait for the bubble to run its course before investing in Ether?
If people knew the answer to that then they will be rich. If you really believe in Ether, this is a good time to invest in it while BTC have a huge separation. Two things could happen, BTC will keep going up and you will miss out on a massive amount of profit or it will go down and it could take ether with it.

Just have to ask yourself, how much do you believe in it and is it worth buying at this price.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Feb 27, 2016
150 posts
37 upvotes
I think the big players have woken up.

Dreams of owning 1 BTC for me, have definitely evaporated in the last 4 months.
Oct 10, 2006
87 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone using hardware wallets? Any you can recommend?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

blexann, taal, theinfamous, soul5tice