• Dec 17th, 2017 10:55 am
Tags:
Mar 11, 2017
188 posts
24 upvotes
BC
Teek wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:39 am
Anyone using hardware wallets? Any you can recommend?
A lot of people use a Ledger Nano S. Surprisingly it does not have a lot of space though for many cryptocurrencies. 4-5 only.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6701 posts
811 upvotes
tallestman wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:32 pm
I think the big players have woken up.

Dreams of owning 1 BTC for me, have definitely evaporated in the last 4 months.

Oh, I wouldnt worry if i was you. Remember tax season deadlines ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
1762 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Buggy166 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:21 pm
Total supply

XLM - 103,491,574,319
MIOTA - 2,779,530,283

Short answer, no, long answer, yes but given the differences in circulation numbers, XLM's projected max is 40 cents or thereabouts (based on MIOTA movement)
XLM's current circulating supply is MUCH less than that. It can definitely jump up the charts in its current state.
This message have been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4356 posts
3337 upvotes
grilw wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:10 pm
Cant believe i sold at 10K btc...
At least you're doing better than Greg in 2011:

Everything about my Investing and automated Trading strategies to boost your income: https://boostyourincome.ca
Jul 5, 2008
168 posts
7 upvotes
I initially bought BTC on Coinbase and ended up with 0.07196676 BTC. Transferred them to Quadriga where I ended up with 0.07155988 BTC. Today a sell of 0.02155988 BTC went thru @ $18,885 when Coinbase put the price >20K. Seems that BTC transactions are a pretty high fee process.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4176 posts
1382 upvotes
Teek wrote:
If you're not in hurry, wait for trezor model T.

Preorder is done so u need to wait until regular sale.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4176 posts
1382 upvotes
DurtyNelly wrote:
Jun 1st, 2017 4:13 pm
A lot of people are getting way too carried away. Bitcoin will never be $100K. Stop believing everything you see on the internet.
Anyone remember this idiot?

I said bitcoin will go to 100k$ by 2030 and that's what an idiot said to me.

Well it's 15k and it's 2017. 13 years left for my 100k prediction?

I remember other folks in this thread from June.. funny they like buying at all time highs at 15k now.. maybe a correction coming.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2644 posts
478 upvotes
Toronto
It's gonna crash and burn so hard.... damn it's climbing too fast.

I'm holding BTC through it all, but slow and steady definitely makes it easier to sleep at night lmao. When this thing turns, the speed at which people will jump off is going to insane.
mathiewannabe wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:36 am
I said bitcoin will go to 100k$ by 2030
I agree with you this is why in 2013 when i mined alt coins (litecoin, feathercoin DOGE!!!!), I moved them all over to BTC for the long game.
I did miss the whole ETH run though :( That would have been fun to participate in.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4120 posts
901 upvotes
Thornhill
Is anyone going to short via futures next Monday??

I'm patiently waiting until a inverse ETF short is released but am curious if anyone is going to take a stab at this bubble via futures right away.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4120 posts
901 upvotes
Thornhill
Super_Chicken wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:08 am
It's gonna crash and burn so hard.... damn it's climbing too fast.

I'm holding BTC through it all, but slow and steady definitely makes it easier to sleep at night lmao. When this thing turns, the speed at which people will jump off is going to insane.

I agree with you this is why in 2013 when i mined alt coins (litecoin, feathercoin DOGE!!!!), I moved them all over to BTC for the long game.
I did miss the whole ETH run though :( That would have been fun to participate in.
imho *(conspiracy theory hat is fully on) FED will use the inevitable crash and volatility of BTC as an opportunity to regulate further. But it will take time as all bubbles need to reach critical mass before an implosion. Could be weeks,months or years as always though.
Feb 11, 2013
372 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
Any idea how I can increase my limit with coinbase? weekly limit is at $250. ridiculous.
Quadriga ID verification is pending for weeks and equifax and everything else is completed.

Any suggestions if I am doing something wrong?
Dec 30, 2014
297 posts
57 upvotes
booming
Applesmack wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:55 pm
I believe in Ethereum as I like the 'open source cloud' concept it promotes but I don't believe in Bitcoin. I want to invest in Ethereum but I'm concerned that a giant and inevitable plunge in bitcoin value will also impact all crypto-currencies. Is it a smarter play to just wait for the bubble to run its course before investing in Ether?
Wow man, you are about to lose a lot of money.
Please reconsider.
Teek wrote:
I don't really like the Ledger. I wanted to but I just don't like it.
Trezor is the way to go.
shadowsteve wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:28 am
I initially bought BTC on Coinbase and ended up with 0.07196676 BTC. Transferred them to Quadriga where I ended up with 0.07155988 BTC. Today a sell of 0.02155988 BTC went thru @ $18,885 when Coinbase put the price >20K. Seems that BTC transactions are a pretty high fee process.
Good lord. What are you doing?! Don't transfer it to Quadriga. Put it your own wallet, nice and safe. Then go to sleep. When you wake up and look at your btc you will be happy.
mathiewannabe wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:36 am
Anyone remember this idiot?

I said bitcoin will go to 100k$ by 2030 and that's what an idiot said to me.

Well it's 15k and it's 2017. 13 years left for my 100k prediction?

I remember other folks in this thread from June.. funny they like buying at all time highs at 15k now.. maybe a correction coming.
You are both off. 100k$ by 2030?! It will be well, well, well over a million by then.
We will be over 100k very soon friend.
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:33 am
imho *(conspiracy theory hat is fully on) FED will use the inevitable crash and volatility of BTC as an opportunity to regulate further. But it will take time as all bubbles need to reach critical mass before an implosion. Could be weeks,months or years as always though.
This is not a bubble. Can't you see that? My God some people just can't get a grip.
Seriously. This is bitcoin ok. Yes we will see many more MEGA dumps where we drop 50%, 60% in a few hours. So what? It doesn't matter and it will be from something like 60k down to 30k. Then up to 80k soon after. Stay calm and don't get tricked by the fud. The big boys will try their old tricks but the truth is they have already lost. It is already over. Calm holders of btc will be the only winners.

I was listening to some moron named martin or something on whalepool laughing last week about dumping all his coin at 10k. He said he knew it was the top because he was dumping something he paid $80 a few years before for $10k now. Needless to say he isn't so jovial today.
His logic was so off. I wish I could have stopped him.
It would be like saying in 1959, I paid 10 cents for this Action Comics #1 a few years ago and now I can sell it for $100. This is the top. WRONG! You hold that sh#t. LONGTERM.

21,000,000 coins total.
Of that there are what 16,000,000 up for grabs now.
And there are 4,000,000 gone forever. The big man himself has 1,000,000 locked in a wallet.
And I aint selling mine. Most smart people will not.
And this is global.
The Koreans are here, the Japanese are here...did you see what they did in the 80's? lol.
I can't believe people can't see this. It is so obvious, it's staring you right in your face.
No. We are just getting started friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
only bet with money you can afford to lose
Dec 30, 2014
297 posts
57 upvotes
booming
Pursuit2013 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:45 am
Any idea how I can increase my limit with coinbase? weekly limit is at $250. ridiculous.
Quadriga ID verification is pending for weeks and equifax and everything else is completed.

Any suggestions if I am doing something wrong?
No, not doing anything wrong. You are just a little late. There is a huge wave of people now slowing it all down (really this is good).
You are in Mississauga. Have you considered using a btc atm? There are a few around you.
It looks like https://www.instacoinatm.com/bitcoin-toronto-en.html has the best rates.
There is also localbitcoins.com.
Although the premiums they are charging now for both of those options are quite rude. But it is an option.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
only bet with money you can afford to lose
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
27360 posts
1793 upvotes
Winnipeg
save3save4 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:11 am
Wow man, you are about to lose a lot of money.
Please reconsider.

I don't really like the Ledger. I wanted to but I just don't like it.
Trezor is the way to go.

Good lord. What are you doing?! Don't transfer it to Quadriga. Put it your own wallet, nice and safe. Then go to sleep. When you wake up and look at your btc you will be happy.

You are both off. 100k$ by 2030?! It will be well, well, well over a million by then.
We will be over 100k very soon friend.

This is not a bubble. Can't you see that? My God some people just can't get a grip.
Seriously. This is bitcoin ok. Yes we will see many more MEGA dumps where we drop 50%, 60% in a few hours. So what? It doesn't matter and it will be from something like 60k down to 30k. Then up to 80k soon after. Stay calm and don't get tricked by the fud. The big boys will try their old tricks but the truth is they have already lost. It is already over. Calm holders of btc will be the only winners.

I was listening to some moron named martin or something on whalepool laughing last week about dumping all his coin at 10k. He said he knew it was the top because he was dumping something he paid $80 a few years before for $10k now. Needless to say he isn't so jovial today.
His logic was so off. I wish I could have stopped him.
It would be like saying in 1959, I paid 10 cents for this Action Comics #1 a few years ago and now I can sell it for $100. This is the top. WRONG! You hold that sh#t. LONGTERM.

21,000,000 coins total.
Of that there are what 16,000,000 up for grabs now.
And there are 4,000,000 gone forever. The big man himself has 1,000,000 locked in a wallet.
And I aint selling mine. Most smart people will not.
And this is global.
The Koreans are here, the Japanese are here...did you see what they did in the 80's? lol.
I can't believe people can't see this. It is so obvious, it's staring you right in your face.
No. We are just getting started friends.

do you know what caused the rally this time? last time was due to the euro crisis triggered by the subprime mortgage credit crunch caused by the states, then some eu country started capital restrictions not just greece, but what happened this year?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

blexann, theinfamous, soul5tice