• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2021 11:10 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1615 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote: Maybe, people are getting smarter. They are now aware of what FOMO and FUD is.

2018 is the time where things start to get rolling tech wise. Real money will start to come in. Slowly but surely.

People just want the versatility of crypto and no one can really stop it.

Scaling is the only thing that is blocking crypto right now. Once that is addressed, its pretty much a done deal.

Tech is the ultimate key at the end of the day because the desire is definitely there.
People see a bear but don't realize the crypto volume is magnitudes larger than it was last summer, the coins are also more expensive even after correction.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1615 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
What do you guys think about the Canadian banks war on crypto, blocking the crypto purchase funding and postponing the fiat transfer to the bank? Class action for potential losses?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
TruBrush wrote: What do you guys think about the Canadian banks war on crypto, blocking the crypto purchase funding and postponing the fiat transfer to the bank? Class action for potential losses?
I am a bit puzzled by their refusal to allow people to buy cryptocurrency. It goes beyond simple fraud protection and makes it look like they have an agenda.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Feb 25, 2015
218 posts
74 upvotes
arvind84 wrote: Target hit, I'm back in long from 9155
A bit off but still looking good. Thanks for the chart, do you have one for ether? Keep them coming.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2938 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Syne wrote: I am a bit puzzled by their refusal to allow people to buy cryptocurrency. It goes beyond simple fraud protection and makes it look like they have an agenda.
Well, thanks for clearing that up. I was going to discard my tinfoil hat but I'll keep it now.
Mar 1, 2011
167 posts
85 upvotes
TruBrush wrote: What do you guys think about the Canadian banks war on crypto, blocking the crypto purchase funding and postponing the fiat transfer to the bank? Class action for potential losses?
how many banks right now? Just td and bmo from what i know?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
3026 posts
2227 upvotes
Calgary
williwx wrote: A bit off but still looking good. Thanks for the chart, do you have one for ether? Keep them coming.
Good morning!

Here you go. ETH has a similar pattern, just droopier. Must hold above Feb lows. Safer entry would be to wait for a break above the green line.

BTC overshot my target a little, but that's to be expected with cryptos where there's so much slippage and different quotes from different exchanges.
I got filled overnight on some stink bids in the 8600-8700 range, so my average is just under 9K.
Back over 9600 would be a good sign of a low in place. Until then, can't rule out another loop down to 8000-8200
Images
  • ethdmar9.png
Mar 1, 2011
218 posts
61 upvotes
Looks like fee for email transfer on coinsquare went back down to 2.5%. Also only took a day. A lot of people must have fled this market lol.
Dec 14, 2017
589 posts
627 upvotes
Canadian banks have almost all declared war against crypto. Interesting times ahead.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
Gungnir wrote: Well, thanks for clearing that up. I was going to discard my tinfoil hat but I'll keep it now.
So you don't think there's any hostility from banks toward crypto?
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2938 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Syne wrote: So you don't think there's any hostility from banks toward crypto?
I assume good faith in dealing with anyone until proven otherwise. Have you called CS and asked your bank why they won't let you use their services to buy cryptos? I wouldn't speak on their behalf, but if I were to guess it's either that they've been asked by regulators to not allow these kinds of transactions or they've received fraud or chargeback complaints and will no longer provide service because their risk is too high.

Either way, do understand they aren't saying you can't buy cryptos, as they are currently legal in Canada. Banks do not control you. You control you. This means that you're still able withdraw cash and give that cash to a different company which will sell you what you want if you can find such a service.

The bank's refusal to facilitate any specific transaction is not a condemnation of that transaction or asset class.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
Gungnir wrote: I assume good faith in dealing with anyone until proven otherwise. Have you called CS and asked your bank why they won't let you use their services to buy cryptos? I wouldn't speak on their behalf, but if I were to guess it's either that they've been asked by regulators to not allow these kinds of transactions or they've received fraud or chargeback complaints and will no longer provide service because their risk is too high.

Either way, do understand they aren't saying you can't buy cryptos, as they are currently legal in Canada. Banks do not control you. You control you. This means that you're still able withdraw cash and give that cash to a different company which will sell you what you want if you can find such a service.

The bank's refusal to facilitate any specific transaction is not a condemnation of that transaction or asset class.
Actually it does. What other reason is there?. Bitcoin is not illegal in Canada. They make money off the fees when you use your bank account or CC. They love it when you use your credit card when you buy gas or whatever but crypto is different?.

Banks are a private corporation so yes its the individuals choice to use them or not but let us not pretend that they dont have monopoly on pretty much everything.

They could make it so much easier if they want to but they dont but I guess this is the test for crypto and its community as well.

It should be able to handle these types of obstruction, specifically coming from the banks. That is the whole point of bitcoin and why it was open source.

They thought it was just a phase and now they are seeing how real it is.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2012
1015 posts
118 upvotes
MONTR
Will you guys declare gains or losses from crypto? If so, how? Does capital losses have to be cashed before declaring them?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2014
1155 posts
97 upvotes
Quick question, where's the best place to sell Bitcoin right now?
Jan 28, 2017
31 posts
6 upvotes
lachdanan wrote: Will you guys declare gains or losses from crypto? If so, how? Does capital losses have to be cashed before declaring them?
cash out outside of Canada... you don't have to declare anything
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
I still can't use bitcoin at Costco, so it's magic internet money to me currently.

Sold what I had leftover a little while ago. Turned about $300 into $450, i'm a straight baller.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1324 posts
689 upvotes
Trying to transfer BCH from Quadriga to blockchain wallet, says "appears to be invalid" by the address....tried another BCH address, says the same thing...never had this problem anywhere else.

The addresses are obviously valid...

Anyone had this problem before?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
3026 posts
2227 upvotes
Calgary
I'm out of my BTC @ 9250 for a minor gain.
This action is not very convincing,
Playing it safe, will re-enter above 10K
Feb 25, 2015
218 posts
74 upvotes
arvind84 wrote: I'm out of my BTC @ 9250 for a minor gain.
This action is not very convincing,
Playing it safe, will re-enter above 10K
Good call, what do you think is the current bottom?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
3026 posts
2227 upvotes
Calgary
williwx wrote: Good call, what do you think is the current bottom?
Good morning!
The pattern is extremely messy, here's my best guess at the moment.
A sustained break of 8K would not be good, can easily cascade another 1K lower.
I'm watching the red and green levels for a reaction.
Images
  • btchmar14.png