Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1742 posts
578 upvotes
VANCOUVER
rjg4235 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:22 pm
Wow when did that happen I didn't even notice. I went all in on this coin at $2 USD and sold at $6 thinking I made out like a bandit.
Last couple of days or so plus mainnet and conference coming up on Jan 24th.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8545 posts
300 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:14 pm
If your Grandma had 1k to play with and wanted to buy something on Quadriga to HOLD for awhile, which one would you advise her to buy?

Yes it's a dumb noob question but I'd like I know what you guys think.
How long is a while?. Months, Years?.

ETH should be growing healthy for the next 6 months.

Same goes for BTC.

Only reason that they wont grow is if the whole crypto crashes.

I would stay away from LTC, Bcash and BTG.
Dude it is just a thread and not to be taken to heart. You pick what you think is valid and put the rest in the trash bin if you want and not bother with it.
If you don't like what is being said then just move on. Nuff' said!
Yeah but we dont want this thread to get toxic. There is reddit for that. There is enough shilling and scams over there. We know new people are coming in filled with emotions wanting to buy the hottest crypto. That is the fastest way into holding the bag and the cycle continues.

RFD crypto threads should be educational and informative. IMO.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4794 posts
597 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:41 pm
I know, but the guesses here are likely better than mine.

Also my grandma would be happy with a three figure return :)
ETH is probably best bet. Other possibly have higher potential but I think ETH is one of the best stable bets right now.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1997 posts
270 upvotes
baz5 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:25 pm
ETH is probably best bet. Other possibly have higher potential but I think ETH is one of the best stable bets right now.
Agreed. ETH is the gold standard of crypto right now. Despite its traffic issues. It only rises, and consolidates. Might take the number 1 spot in the near future if BTC woes continue which aren't likely to disappear at present.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4794 posts
597 upvotes
Deal Grabber wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:57 pm
Thanks for the tip. If that's the flyer they are actually using, they need a new marketing/graphics team plus someone with better command of English language. That's the kind of promotional material I see at Chinese trade shows, where first question is where am I from? followed by how many containers? :D Face With Tears Of Joy

Do you have source of this?
That's some random person's graphic. I thought it was pretty stupid and was hoping it disappeared but ended up getting passed around quite a bit lol.
Vechain is currently my number one holding. It should be at the very least doubled what it is right now I don't know what's holding it back. I got in at $1.50 and more at $2.50.
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:37 pm
Novogratz plans to list a merchant bank called Galaxy Digital LP dedicated to cryptocurrencies and blockchain TSX via backdoor Reverse Take Over -https://www.bnn.ca/mike-novogratz-looki ... a-1.963139
Yet he says it doesn't need a hedge fund and btc wll drop back down to $8000 again.
And he wants new people to invest into his company?
https://www.bnn.ca/novogratz-shelves-cr ... 0-1.951146
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8545 posts
300 upvotes
philland wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:12 pm
TRX in full on crash mode.
I warned people about this. I was going to buy back at .15 but I will wait until it reaches bottom and ill buy back. Im sure Justin Sun and his silver tongue will find a way to make sure this pumps back up.

Very risky though.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1997 posts
270 upvotes
philland wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:12 pm
TRX in full on crash mode.
Most shitcoins are in full tank mode. That's okay, if there's money to be made we are watching ;)
Sep 9, 2016
203 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Binance has reopened registration for new accounts on a limited basis. Its open now.
Mar 27, 2012
739 posts
77 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
Can anyone please enlighten me (rookie) on why I can't buy some coins through coinbase now compare 2 days ago?
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Mar 2, 2011
241 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
azorahai wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:36 am
What do you think the cryptocurrency scam is about? You think there's people with expertise out there investing hours of research and making analytical decisions on how they'll make money? It's a ponzi scheme where one sucker who holds a long position tries to bring along another sucker because his asset isn't worth anything otherwise.
Crypto isnt a scam, doesnt mean there isnt tons of scams involved because its the wild west. Decentralised economy is the future.

That being said the amount of dumb money is ridiculous atm. Everyone is just fixated on the price per token/coin. While absolutely ignoring all the other factors that goes in determining the price you see on your phone.
Mar 2, 2011
241 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
TheRock2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:01 pm
Dude it is just a thread and not to be taken to heart. You pick what you think is valid and put the rest in the trash bin if you want and not bother with it.
If you don't like what is being said then just move on. Nuff' said!
I am not taking anything to heart. And i dont get why are you going about "light heartedness" when people are putting forward actual cash based on information in this thread. Most of them dont even know how to discern the information presented here. So i think my post is completely valid