• Jul 18th, 2018 12:29 pm
Tags:
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
dealbreak3r wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:15 am
Can anyone please enlighten me (rookie) on why I can't buy some coins through coinbase now compare 2 days ago?
Same here. I noticed that to the minute when they don't allow non-verified account access to purchase from them and now you need to be in order to purchase from their site.
I would assume it is because of the bitcoin price falling so much and do not want anybody to get their bitcoin at these "whole sale" prices for a little while.
They might lift it when the price goes up 0.5x again so they are making more than would selling them now.
I had $100 available for the past two weeks but then get this all the sudden at 2pm est yesterday afternoon show up on my screen:

Mar 27, 2012
727 posts
66 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
TheRock2012 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:05 am
Okay, good to hear that I'm not alone. I tried getting verified but they won't let me
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
samin62 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:10 am
I am not taking anything to heart. And i dont get why are you going about "light heartedness" when people are putting forward actual cash based on information in this thread. Most of them dont even know how to discern the information presented here. So i think my post is completely valid
dealbreak3r wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:49 am
Okay, good to hear that I'm not alone. I tried getting verified but they won't let me
Yeah . Weird stuff happening now that bitcoin price is falling so they want to keep their bitcoins for now. I am thinking this could be the reason why they don't want to sell to nonverified users on their systems and now not allowing people to become verified just solidifies that notion concerning them and their exchange.

In other news:
some updates : #TRX:and #XRP New lows confirmed & 100% predicted. I think more lows to come.
#XVG: Nearly 100% retracement of Wave 2. I think it nearly reached bottom.
#ENG and #GTO : Channeling higher. Looking for breakout.
#BTC: Ready.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1998 posts
270 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:13 am
As I keep saying: Buffett on cryptocurrencies: 'I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending'

Great minds think alike.
This isn't the stock market, niether are these his times.

Bill Gates was great at something else, Steve Jobs at another.

Ford made good trucks, except noone is buying them anymore. My point is only that the world is moving on. You either believe in it or you don't. I will leave it at that. Enjoy your swell of greatness.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12480 posts
3035 upvotes
Here 'n There
Deal Grabber wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:17 am

Ford made good trucks, except noone is buying them anymore. My point is only that the world is moving on. You either believe in it or you don't. I will leave it at that. Enjoy your swell of greatness.
Yeah right LMAO!!!!! You can't even explain why there is any value to Bitcoin other than the great fool theory, ie someone will pay more. And yeah, that works until it doesn't. People aren't stupid forever. As I always say, history never repeats itself but it always rhymes.

People criticized Buffett through his entire career. They've been proven wrong every time and they will be again. His forgotten more in a second about investing than you have proven to know in your entire career.

As for my swell of greatness I have done exceptionally well in investing and business and it sure is enjoyable! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just don't jump on mindless fads like Bitcoin as I always see how these pyramid schemes end. Not well!
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1998 posts
270 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:23 am
Yeah right LMAO!!!!! You can't even explain why there is any value to Bitcoin other than the great fool theory, ie someone will pay more. And yeah, that works until it doesn't. People aren't stupid forever. As I always say, history never repeats itself but it always rhymes.

People criticized Buffett through his entire career. They've been proven wrong every time and they will be again. His forgotten more in a second about investing than you have proven to know in your entire career.

As for my swell of greatness I have done exceptionally well in investing and business and it sure is enjoyable! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just don't jump on mindless fads like Bitcoin as I always see how these pyramid schemes end. Not well!
As I said, enjoy your swell of greatness.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1734 posts
441 upvotes
Deal Grabber wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:38 am
As I said, enjoy your swell of greatness.
Not saying whether or not Crypto/Bitcoin is a great investment or not, but I sure wouldn't use Buffett for your call on it. He's extremely smart and a great investor, but has pretty much missed out on the entire tech boom for the last 10 years. He doesn't understand it, and that's fine...he makes a lot of money, but Tech is not his area, and he freely admits that.
Feb 10, 2017
71 posts
40 upvotes
Deal Grabber wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:17 am

..Just stop... Your only example and you pick one of the best selling vehicles.

https://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/s ... of-2016#26
http://autoweek.com/article/trucks/ford ... tion-stack
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1998 posts
270 upvotes
1LoveToronto wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 4:57 pm
..Just stop... Your only example and you pick one of the best selling vehicles.

https://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/s ... of-2016#26
http://autoweek.com/article/trucks/ford ... tion-stack
You obviously missed the whole point. I usually refrain from getting into these pesky discussions, but here goes. The trend of larger engines with larger carbon footprint and greater fuel consumptions is gone.
Small, more efficient, compact, alternative fuel source vehicles are here to stay.
Ford knows that and while F-series trucks dominate the market share they know as a company that their growth potential is tremendous in the other segments. That's where they got destroyed by offshore competition.

I will not engage in you said this, I said this debate like 4th graders. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Now if you have something to contribute to crypto please do comment. Otherwise quit spilling pretentious & sully remarks in this otherwise useful thread amongst crypto enthusiasts.
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
dealbreak3r wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:15 am
Can anyone please enlighten me (rookie) on why I can't buy some coins through coinbase now compare 2 days ago?
Coinbase allows you to buy now.
They allow it when bitcoin price all the sudden rises but not when it starts to dip below $16000CDN. I noticed that when it was $15941CDN they started to disallow buying from them.
Now when at Over $18750, SURE! :rolleyes:
Sheesh! :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1998 posts
270 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:17 pm
Coinbase allows you to buy now.
They allow it when bitcoin price all the sudden rises but not when it starts to dip below $16000CDN. I noticed that when it was $15941CDN they started to disallow buying from them.
Now when at Over $18750, SURE! :rolleyes:
Sheesh! :facepalm:
Not the first time, Coinbase monopolizes the hell out of BTC pricing. One needs to be prepared with FIAT in the exchange to be able to take advantage of red sea.
May 5, 2016
281 posts
201 upvotes
samin62 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:07 am
Crypto isnt a scam, doesnt mean there isnt tons of scams involved because its the wild west. Decentralised economy is the future.
That's the problem you guys have, being pro cryptocurrency seems to be an outlet for hard right libertarian values, you believe in the politics of it more than its ability to make you money
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4690 posts
521 upvotes
Bought some HPB High Performance Blockchain earlier today. I think it can really take off. Partnered with NEO and a great team behind them. They are using hardware and software for the blockchain, there isn't anything like it out there. Low market cap right now. It's only on Bibox right now but from what I read Kucoin soon. I think this should atleast go up 2-3x fairly quick.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8406 posts
296 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:13 am
As I keep saying: Buffett on cryptocurrencies: 'I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending'

Great minds think alike.
How do you know he isnt trying to spread FUD so he can hoard a massive amount of crypto?.
I just don't jump on mindless fads like Bitcoin as I always see how these pyramid schemes end
Blockchain technology is a pyramid scheme folks. That is it. This is the scientific breakthrough we are all looking for.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)