• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 10:25 am
Tags:
Dec 14, 2017
76 posts
78 upvotes
soul5tice wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 4:19 pm

Just another government partnership by VeChain.
Are you implying that "government partnerships" are a good thing (and/or a reason to be bullish on Vechain)?

If yes, I disagree with you entirely. The fundamental purpose of crypto, and the reason for its sequential bull runs (up until January 2018) was precisely a result of its detachment from the state. Cryptos latching on to government is not a reason to be bullish. If you think it is, I recommend you re-evaluate the reason you are participating in this revolution.
Last edited by 7865875 on Jun 12th, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2003
136 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
For those of you who want to learn about trading cryptocurrencies risk free first I came across a crypto trading simulator based out of Vancouver and they having weekly/bi-weekly contests.

https://altcoinfantasy.com
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
There was an article yesterday regarding regulations in Canada for exchanges.
They are moving in the space so expect less people moving towards using any crypto.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5653 posts
290 upvotes
Calgary
TheRock2012 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 2:36 pm
There was an article yesterday regarding regulations in Canada for exchanges.
They are moving in the space so expect less people moving towards using any crypto.
ya my understanding is all canadian exchanges have to report any transaction over 10k. they seem to be putting crypto in the same category as terrorist related laws, etc...
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
markj wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:49 pm
ya my understanding is all canadian exchanges have to report any transaction over 10k. they seem to be putting crypto in the same category as terrorist related laws, etc...
Yes. It is anything above 10k but also they need to verify their customers for amounts reaching $1k to allow them to operate under this law that is still in draft
Here is the article I was looking at after doing a re-search of it.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/canada-r ... on-kyc-aml
Dec 14, 2017
76 posts
78 upvotes
Just use Bisq and don't worry about that regulatory junk.
Penalty Box
Dec 13, 2016
2040 posts
1516 upvotes
Now Is A Pretty Good Time To Buy Says Crypto Investor Living Back At Home With Parents

A local cryptoprenuer has explained to The Advocate today why now is actually a great time to invest in digital currency.

The reasonably young man who has recently moved back into his parent’s house in Betoota Grove, talked our reporters through why the Cryptocurrency Market is ripe for the picking.

Jordan Fotherington (24), who used to live in a French Quarter share house until he blew the majority of his yearly income at the start of the year on an array of different crypto coins in a greed-addled spending spree, said that he wished he actually more money right now.

“Yeah, it’s a real shame I am a bit cash poor at the moment,” Fotherington said.

“Like asset wise, I have a portfolio that could be worth a first home if everything works out down the road, but yeah in terms of cash flow I am a little bit strapped at the moment.”

“Anyway, you aren’t here to hear me talk about that sort of stuff. If you look at the charts and do some really solid trade analysis, you will see that a heap of these coins could easily moon [appreciate exorbitantly] in the next few months or years,” he said while trying to show our reporters some charts with red lines drawn on them using MS paint.

The social media agency employee, who’s still trying to justify turning his girlfriend’s $2,000 investment into the cost of a night at a 3.5-star hotel in the CBD, said that he understands some people may think he is a fool but that ‘the strongest kite fights the wind.’

Fotherington’s long-suffering friend Karl Nitschke detailed to the Advocate his mate’s manic few months of shilling ‘shitcoins.’

“There was a period there were almost every day he was going on about some **** scam coin in the group chat with a couple of our other mates,” Nitschke said.

“AusCoin? Tron? Bitcoin Cash? Dogecoin, a coin made after a meme that has no legitimate purpose.”

“Buy high sell low is the motto he seems to be following at the moment.”

Nitschke told us that he enjoys asking Fotherington when the coins are going to ‘moon.’

“Yeah all of us do. Oi Foz (Fotherington), that Auscoin mooned yet? We always ask him,” Nitschke said.

“He blows up.”

More to come.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/headline ... h-parents/
Oct 21, 2014
917 posts
720 upvotes
Burlington, ON
onetrueshyguy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:04 am
For those of you who want to learn about trading cryptocurrencies risk free first I came across a crypto trading simulator based out of Vancouver and they having weekly/bi-weekly contests.

https://altcoinfantasy.com
Does it also simulate your exchange getting hacked and you losing all of your coins with no recourse?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2438 posts
1054 upvotes
Burlington
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 8:36 am
Now Is A Pretty Good Time To Buy Says Crypto Investor Living Back At Home With Parents

A local cryptoprenuer has explained to The Advocate today why now is actually a great time to invest in digital currency.

The reasonably young man who has recently moved back into his parent’s house in Betoota Grove, talked our reporters through why the Cryptocurrency Market is ripe for the picking.

Jordan Fotherington (24), who used to live in a French Quarter share house until he blew the majority of his yearly income at the start of the year on an array of different crypto coins in a greed-addled spending spree, said that he wished he actually more money right now.

“Yeah, it’s a real shame I am a bit cash poor at the moment,” Fotherington said.

“Like asset wise, I have a portfolio that could be worth a first home if everything works out down the road, but yeah in terms of cash flow I am a little bit strapped at the moment.”

“Anyway, you aren’t here to hear me talk about that sort of stuff. If you look at the charts and do some really solid trade analysis, you will see that a heap of these coins could easily moon [appreciate exorbitantly] in the next few months or years,” he said while trying to show our reporters some charts with red lines drawn on them using MS paint.

The social media agency employee, who’s still trying to justify turning his girlfriend’s $2,000 investment into the cost of a night at a 3.5-star hotel in the CBD, said that he understands some people may think he is a fool but that ‘the strongest kite fights the wind.’

Fotherington’s long-suffering friend Karl Nitschke detailed to the Advocate his mate’s manic few months of shilling ‘shitcoins.’

“There was a period there were almost every day he was going on about some **** scam coin in the group chat with a couple of our other mates,” Nitschke said.

“AusCoin? Tron? Bitcoin Cash? Dogecoin, a coin made after a meme that has no legitimate purpose.”

“Buy high sell low is the motto he seems to be following at the moment.”

Nitschke told us that he enjoys asking Fotherington when the coins are going to ‘moon.’

“Yeah all of us do. Oi Foz (Fotherington), that Auscoin mooned yet? We always ask him,” Nitschke said.

“He blows up.”

More to come.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/headline ... h-parents/
This literally killed me lol. Gratz.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2407 posts
1049 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bitcoin's remarkable run last year may have been smoke and mirrors.
Tether, another digital currency tied to the US dollar, was used to artificially inflate bitcoin prices, according a study released Wednesday by the University of Texas.

John Griffin, a finance professor at the university, and graduate student Amin Shams analyzed blockchain purchases and discovered that major Tether buys were timed to follow market downturns and helped stabilize bitcoin's floor.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/13/investi ... index.html
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2416 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
This thread is still aging well

Face With Tears Of Joy