234 upvotes
Toronto
Sentiment analysis - nice touch Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

But muh EOS mainnet and airdrops :twisted:
Penalty Box
Dec 13, 2016
1820 posts
1401 upvotes
Come on guys.... where is all the camaraderie gone Smiling Face With Open Mouth :twisted:

Are you ridin' those Lambos or what?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2364 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 7:19 am
Come on guys.... where is all the camaraderie gone Smiling Face With Open Mouth :twisted:

Are you ridin' those Lambos or what?
But muh Justin Sun
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2364 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 8:47 pm
Buy the dip.
You're missing one word to complete one of the many memes from last year - it's "BTFD"
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2253 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
What's everyone using to buy bitcoin now that RBC blocked interac online at Quadrigacx.com?

How long does it take for shake pay to deposit e-transfer payments to your account?

I got an email from Kraken saying no more wire deposits to Japan next week, they will have new funding option for Canadians.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4707 posts
3899 upvotes
porticoman wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 9:49 am
there are a few folks on RFD that are trading crypto options

https://www.deribit.com/main#/options

https://www.deribit.com/main#/futures?tab=BTC-29JUN18

would you?
Also, Bitmex allows leveraging (long and short) of alt coins too.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4707 posts
3899 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 7:49 pm
What's everyone using to buy bitcoin now that RBC blocked interac online at Quadrigacx.com?

How long does it take for shake pay to deposit e-transfer payments to your account?

I got an email from Kraken saying no more wire deposits to Japan next week, they will have new funding option for Canadians.
I've been using Luminus Financial credit union to fund / withdraw to Shakepay. Deposit / withdraw takes between a few hours to a day. Support is very responsive through the chat in their app. The only downside (to some) is the Interac transfer limits ($3,000 a day, $6,000 a week), but it's still a better proposition. Rates sre also better than Quadrigacx.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4707 posts
3899 upvotes
BTC and crypto in general are in downtrend but there are great projects for long term investments (PCL, PAI, NPXS, TRAC, LUX), and some tokens (like BNB and ONT) have been holding well, providing good low correlation and diversification.

Many might disagree with me, but the only coins right now that have a sustainable use case is BTC and ETH, frankly. BTC also moves the market, as its based on dominance and market cap growth, so I trade options / futures in crtpto to grow my stack of btc and eth. All of the others coins are just potential. If you are patient and want to invest in potential, my preference is to pick the leaders in their sector:

BAT - online advertising and browser product;

ZRX - decentralized exchange engine;

GNT - working shared computing;

Crypto is just another asset class, that can complement a comprehensive portfolio. Once institutional investors get in (and they will soon), this will grow further.

Rod

Sep 27, 2010
109 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
rodbarc wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 9:03 am
BTC and crypto in general are in downtrend but there are great projects for long term investments (PCL, PAI, NPXS, TRAC, LUX), and some tokens (like BNB and ONT) have been holding well, providing good low correlation and diversification.

Many might disagree with me, but the only coins right now that have a sustainable use case is BTC and ETH, frankly. BTC also moves the market, as its based on dominance and market cap growth, so I trade options / futures in crtpto to grow my stack of btc and eth. All of the others coins are just potential. If you are patient and want to invest in potential, my preference is to pick the leaders in their sector:

BAT - online advertising and browser product;

ZRX - decentralized exchange engine;

GNT - working shared computing;

Crypto is just another asset class, that can complement a comprehensive portfolio. Once institutional investors get in (and they will soon), this will grow further.

Rod
Good points. Do you suggest anything that is sold on the regular stock exchange that are developing this stuff? I am wary of the process of going through the crypto channels because I only see people putting money in and it takes a few days, no one has experience actually pulling their money out.