Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2487 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
ghuraba wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 8:36 am
Good points. Do you suggest anything that is sold on the regular stock exchange that are developing this stuff? I am wary of the process of going through the crypto channels because I only see people putting money in and it takes a few days, no one has experience actually pulling their money out.
These are all utility tokens and are not mean for and will never be traded on traditional stock exchanges because they don't represent equity in the companies - even though they're used to raise money for said companies/start-ups.

Security tokens on the other hand are a different beast that has yet to actualize.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4848 posts
4194 upvotes
ghuraba wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 8:36 am
Good points. Do you suggest anything that is sold on the regular stock exchange that are developing this stuff? I am wary of the process of going through the crypto channels because I only see people putting money in and it takes a few days, no one has experience actually pulling their money out.
You could trade BTC futures on CME, but I don't trade there. I prefer to have the flexibility to move my profits straight to my wallet or to fund further directly from there if I see an opportunity. Using a stock exchange typically takes longer and fees are higher.

I don't understand what you mean by "no one has experience to pulling their money out". Shakepay takes minutes to funds (not days), and a few hours to withdraw, tops. Support is very responsive through their app, I've used a few times (when I had issues funding from joint account, which were quickly sorted out). It's been the best experience about crypto to / from fiat hands down (I've used quadrigacx, kraken, coinsquare). There are lots of options nowadays to fund and withdraw (crypto to fiat and vice-versa). As an investor, it's much easier today to buy what you want on an exchange and withdraw to your wallet for long term. Exchanges like Binance, Kucoin, Bittrex, Cryptopia, HitBTC and Idex are very solid. Use a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano or Trezor and you're all set.

Rest assured Goldman, JP Morgan and alikes will develop a few products towards crypto, like ETFs and ways to trade easier for the mass, but it will come with a price, because they need a profit. It pays off to learn how to navigate and stay safe through crypto channels.

What exactly are your concerns investing / trading crypto going through the crypto channels?

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Sep 27, 2010
124 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I guess I just didn't know about shakepay and some of the more reliable options. I also heard about friends whose credit cards or accounts got blocked after trying to put money into wallets or exchanges.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2487 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
ghuraba wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 8:52 am
I guess I just didn't know about shakepay and some of the more reliable options. I also heard about friends whose credit cards or accounts got blocked after trying to put money into wallets or exchanges.
Yes that's been happening
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2381 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Shake pay deposited my first etransfer within 5 min, pretty impressed.
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
$6600 yet again.
Why would Coinbase call their new investment program Custody?Neutral Face
The bulls are back?Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13764 posts
1297 upvotes
We shall see. I still think new retail money is scared. We may have lost the techy grassroots investor for good.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2487 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
It's not a loss until you sell!

Just like your fiat and inflation - it's not a loss of pp until you buy something with it!

hodl hodl
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13764 posts
1297 upvotes
moon, lambos, etc.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Dec 21, 2007
549 posts
122 upvotes
Scarborough
ghuraba wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 8:52 am
EQ to Coinsquare hasn't caused any issue for me (only sending small amounts via e-transfers though).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1286 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
Crypto is showing signs of life again.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4848 posts
4194 upvotes
TruBrush wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 10:49 pm
Crypto is showing signs of life again.
True, but it’s always hard to call any kind of trend change or reversal on a low volume weekend. And this weekend the volume is extremely low. Dangerously low, since whale activity will be magnified it its effect. Still, the folks waiting to sell large amounts seem to think that they will get a better price soon as the chess match between the large buyers and sellers continues.

In order to feel better about a reversal, global will need to get above $300B and hold. Something it has not been able to do the last two times it tried. We also need to see BTC dominance continuing to fall.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.