• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2018 6:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44666 posts
3354 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone here use Quad's interac e-transfer deposit before? It says within two business days processing time, does it come much sooner or is that accurate? Everything else seems straight forward, you set the amount you want to deposit and they send an interac e-transfer email to you requesting the funds..
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2418 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 2:41 pm
Anyone here use Quad's interac e-transfer deposit before? It says within two business days processing time, does it come much sooner or is that accurate? Everything else seems straight forward, you set the amount you want to deposit and they send an interac e-transfer email to you requesting the funds..
Try Shakepay that seems to be the preferred method now for Canadians
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4807 posts
4088 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 3:36 pm
Yeah i used them before but i don't like how it's just a mobile app. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing in terms of security, lol.
Shakepay has a working / responding support, Quad doesn't. Shakepay has PIN and email confirmation settings, so not much different than Binance app to trade, buy and withdraw crypto. Email money transfer with Shakepay takes hours, not days.

Nobody ever lost money with Quad, it's true. The biggest issue that I have with Quad is that there are delays beyond their control, and the lack of support / communication would leave anyone nervous about pending deposits / withdraws. They are not a cheap brokerage, so I see little value from the price that they charge.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2418 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 7:30 pm
Well that was quick, my interac e-transfer deposit cleared on the same business day.
At Quad?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13723 posts
1281 upvotes
Quad is figuring out that Shakepay is eating their lunch.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14081 posts
5583 upvotes
Is it true that Bitcoin and Ethereum are both considered currencies now, and you don't have to worry about paying capital gains tax if you buy some and then it goes up?
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4807 posts
4088 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 11:53 pm
Is it true that Bitcoin and Ethereum are both considered currencies now, and you don't have to worry about paying capital gains tax if you buy some and then it goes up?
No, CRA taxes cryptocurrrncies as capital gains, but if you trade often, it's taxed as income.

BTW, currency trading (forex) is also taxable.
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2418 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
rodbarc wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 6:45 am
No, CRA taxes cryptocurrrncies as capital gains, but if you trade often, it's taxed as income.

BTW, currency trading (forex) is also taxable.
Is it too late to pay your captial gains tax?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4807 posts
4088 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 8:04 am
Is it too late to pay your captial gains tax?
It's never late. The earlier you show CRA that you made an honest mistake (didn't know you had to pay, for example), the more they are willing to not penalize you with fees and interest. File a tax amendment.

There are a few software that helps tracking all the trades, as you just import a xls downloaded from exchanges or setup a read-only API so the software captures for you. All you need is to enter that info at the tax software.

Rod

Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2561 posts
1342 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I'm going to cash in some bitcoin. What would be the best exchange to cash it out. CAD or US is fine. Is it still Quad or other exchanges?
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1388 posts
322 upvotes
Aurora
I need $30 of ETH to cover various fees. What's the fastest way to get some?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)