Tags:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45009 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 9:58 pm
I'm going to cash in some bitcoin. What would be the best exchange to cash it out. CAD or US is fine. Is it still Quad or other exchanges?
Does Kraken work? Quad reddit is filled with posts of withdrawal delays..
JohnyBGood wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 5:42 pm
I need $30 of ETH to cover various fees. What's the fastest way to get some?
Probably Shakepay, it's a mobile app and you send them a interac e-transfer and it usually clears same day during work hours. Someone here could sell you $30 worth of ETH but yea lol.. What are you sending to require $30 worth of fees?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13764 posts
1297 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 9:58 pm
I'm going to cash in some bitcoin. What would be the best exchange to cash it out. CAD or US is fine. Is it still Quad or other exchanges?
Shakepay for sure;
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2487 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know where you can margin trade now that bitmex closed it off for canadians?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1396 posts
323 upvotes
Aurora
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 11:50 pm
What are you sending to require $30 worth of fees?
My SwissBorg crypto holds referendums every few months, which requires ETH to vote (and they send bonus tokens for participating). Also, I bought some other crypto (VIT) w/ a smart contract, using all of my ETH, but in order to claim the tokens, I need more ETH to complete the transaction. $30 in ETH should hold me over for a year...
I'll check out Shakepay...thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2807 posts
1541 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Syne wrote:
Jul 26th, 2018 2:12 am
Shakepay for sure;
Thanks. Faster than I expected. Everything done in less than 24 hours. Exchange rate could've been better but willing to take the hit for convenience. Highly recommend shakepay.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45009 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 4:22 pm
Thanks. Faster than I expected. Everything done in less than 24 hours. Exchange rate could've been better but willing to take the hit for convenience. Highly recommend shakepay.
Yeah.. just don't make too many trades on there lol. Just buy your btc and transfer it out, the trading fee is like 1.75% but it evens out because there is no deposit or withdrawal fees.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13764 posts
1297 upvotes
rodbarc wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 12:33 pm
Shakepay now allows you to convert your funds to ETH directly in the app.
Love these guys. Just what Canada needed.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6047 posts
4403 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Applesmack wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 4:13 pm
You know what is another name for HODLER? Bag holder. It may be a Gucci bag right now but hold log enough and it may just become a plastic bag. This whole crypto circus is coming to a close I feel.
Tommycoupons wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 5:03 pm
lol HODL people so you can get 5 cents back on every $1 you invested
FrancisBacon wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 11:05 pm
For people in unstable countries, they should (if rich) open offshore brokerage accounts; if relatively poor they can buy silver coins or wire funds to family overseas.

What is the use of Bitcoin? Transactions are occuring way too slowly, and transaction costs are way too high. And because the price swings so wildly, no one is using Bitcoin as a currency (you know, to pay for stuff).
Applesmack wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 3:48 pm
Looks like Venezuela found the new business that will save their country. PUMP IT UP
It certainly seems like 6 month later all the pumpers have crawled under a rock. This thread is dead. All craptos outside of Bitcoin full steam downward and Bitcoin trending the year lows.

Where all the bag HODL's be at? Anyone still holding onto this stuff?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1452 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
Amazingly, it's still not too late to get out. A 50% loss is better than a 100% loss.

Holders should thank their lucky stars that it's taking so long to deflate. Plenty of opportunities to exit.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1876 posts
203 upvotes
Have you guys tried bitaccess.co to buy through cash
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2487 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Man that Rentberry project is such a f*cking scam project.

Any hint of criticism or even negative discussion in their telegram channel where like 50% of the members are deleted/fake users, and they ban you and also report you as spam.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13764 posts
1297 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:20 pm
Man that Rentberry project is such a f*cking scam project.

Any hint of criticism or even negative discussion in their telegram channel where like 50% of the members are deleted/fake users, and they ban you and also report you as spam.
Lots of projects like this. Vechain comes to mind.