Tags:
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1350 posts
757 upvotes
Montreal
ahato wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:20 am
People who are selling right now after buying it for 20k are the same people who'll rebuy at 20k.
Lower lows and lower highs. We'll never see $20,000 again unless the US$ has experienced hyperinflation.

In fact I bet that most of the people who bought at $20,000 will hold all the way to zero.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1869 posts
203 upvotes
FrancisBacon wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 6:19 am
Lower lows and lower highs. We'll never see $20,000 again unless the US$ has experienced hyperinflation.

In fact I bet that most of the people who bought at $20,000 will hold all the way to zero.
Probably you're incorrect. When we went down from $1200, I thought we'll never see it again but I was wrong. I've been wrong at multiple times and this could be one of them as well
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7218 posts
1016 upvotes
FrancisBacon wrote:

all you need to see it do double $20k is another 2008 event that'll make people crap their pants. You don't need the US to experience hyperinflation. There's a ton of triggers that can make the crypto market boom and bust.

The funniest and saddest part is, times like these when nobody is interested and crypto is losing popularity (again, for the 7th time) , is when people should be buying, not selling.
Nov 17, 2015
305 posts
45 upvotes
Resolute, NU
cartfan123 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 7:21 am
It certainly seems like 6 month later all the pumpers have crawled under a rock. This thread is dead. All craptos outside of Bitcoin full steam downward and Bitcoin trending the year lows.

Where all the bag HODL's be at? Anyone still holding onto this stuff?
FrancisBacon wrote:

Are you one of those people who bought high and sold at a huge loss? You sound quite bitter. We will see a bull run again and we will certainly surpass $20k BTC again. Not quite sure when as this bear market doesn't look like it's ending any time soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4799 posts
4071 upvotes
Take advantage of the (down) trend. Learn how to grow your btc stack, which can be used to allocate additional funds to other projects (best potential are the ones with a working product). Some ideas include selling covered calls on deribit or hedging / shorting on bitmex, based on technical analysis. Track bitcoin dominance and market cap to make decisions, not just price. Understand the relationship between alts and bitcoin.

Learn forex trading. Lots of techniques can be applied to this space too, as the volatility and high leveraging can make more profitable than regular currencies.

Lots of products and information available today that were not available when this thread started, learn how to take advantage of it.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1350 posts
757 upvotes
Montreal
DurtyNelly wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 11:10 pm
Are you one of those people who bought high and sold at a huge loss? You sound quite bitter. We will see a bull run again and we will certainly surpass $20k BTC again.
Lol, no. Never bought a single one. Did see more than one acquaintance take huge loses though, despite my telling them to get out while they still could.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2416 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
BTW - what happened to the whatsapp group chat, is it dead? lol
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4799 posts
4071 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:10 am
BTW - what happened to the whatsapp group chat, is it dead? lol
It's still there. There have been some posts lately, like my short plays in bitmex and Nathan's suggestion on Arbritaj, which I'll be playing with this weekend.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2385 posts
184 upvotes
Whats the cheapest way to buy crypto for us Canadian these days?
I used coinbase via CC, very convenient but its now considered a cash advance and not only coinbase sucks a fee the cash advance sucks up another $5.00. Not a big amount but I dont like leeches taking my money for free.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2267 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:39 am
Whats the cheapest way to buy crypto for us Canadian these days?
I used coinbase via CC, very convenient but its now considered a cash advance and not only coinbase sucks a fee the cash advance sucks up another $5.00. Not a big amount but I dont like leeches taking my money for free.
Shakepay is a good option.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2385 posts
184 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 2:03 pm
Shakepay is a good option.
Thanks, Tried to register but it doesnt accept my Koodo phone number... says its not Canadian. lol
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2267 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 5:53 pm
Thanks, Tried to register but it doesnt accept my Koodo phone number... says its not Canadian. lol
Hmm odd. Did you add a +1 before the phone number (I can't even recall if it allows you to).
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2416 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what the fees typically are for Shakepay?

Just tried it out , bought eth and looks like I paid 2% in fees?

Their rate for eth is really good - it's $366 cad, much lower than at QCX. Just $6 above the rate at bitfinex if you do a straight conversion $277usd to cad.

I'm assuming this includes the fee for CAD deposits plus the trade fee?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2267 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 12:21 pm
Does anyone know what the fees typically are for Shakepay?

Just tried it out , bought eth and looks like I paid 2% in fees?

Their rate for eth is really good - it's $366 cad, much lower than at QCX. Just $6 above the rate at bitfinex if you do a straight conversion $277usd to cad.

I'm assuming this includes the fee for CAD deposits plus the trade fee?
Pretty much, 1.75%. Deposits/Withdrawal is free.

https://help.shakepay.co/fees/fees-disclosure