• Jun 21st, 2021 11:10 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
1013 posts
900 upvotes
East

only one true coin to rule them all!
Bitcoin & Crypto retired | Beat the inflation: Celsius earn up to 17% on your cryptos & stablecoins | CDC CRO Obsidian card 8% rewards
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
Bitcoin chart is screaming it's about to pop again... and pretty much no premium on QBTC... strange... but opportunistic.
Feb 21, 2017
371 posts
250 upvotes
Woodbridge905 wrote: The question (or answer) may be an obvious one but why does Bitcoin seem to have really taken off during the pandemic (last 10 months)?

Does it come down to uncertainty?
Short answer:

The value of Bitcoin isnt rising, its always been valuable, its the value of the USD thats falling.

And people are figuring out in the last 10 months that Censorship resistance is kind of a big deal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
asys71 wrote: Short answer:

The value of Bitcoin isnt rising, its always been valuable, its the value of the USD thats falling.

And people are figuring out in the last 10 months that Censorship resistance is kind of a big deal.
Incorrect. While the value of the US dollar may be "falling" (ie. inflation) due to various factors - the rise in Bitcoin is not due to the USD falling. It is now linked to people choosing Bitcoin over USD as a store of value however (recognizing that fiat currency slowly, and possibly more rapidly in the future - will lose value/purchasing power). That "choice" creates the supply and demand situation that causes Bitcoin to rise.

The pandemic isn't really linked - other than lots of people having time (and stimulus money) on their hands and getting into "investing"... as Bitcoin catches their eye... Retail money certainly plays some role, but Bitcoin needs big players now to move the needle.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Finally my vechain went on a small ride. Was getting so tired of it.
Feb 21, 2017
371 posts
250 upvotes
Tiberius wrote: Incorrect. While the value of the US dollar may be "falling" (ie. inflation) due to various factors - the rise in Bitcoin is not due to the USD falling. It is now linked to people choosing Bitcoin over USD as a store of value however (recognizing that fiat currency slowly, and possibly more rapidly in the future - will lose value/purchasing power). That "choice" creates the supply and demand situation that causes Bitcoin to rise.

The pandemic isn't really linked - other than lots of people having time (and stimulus money) on their hands and getting into "investing"... as Bitcoin catches their eye... Retail money certainly plays some role, but Bitcoin needs big players now to move the needle.
Well if thats the angle youll take then were both wrong.

The only reason its up is because of the built in NgU technology.
Dec 21, 2011
192 posts
37 upvotes
BURNABY
This ETH seems really interesting...I'm thinking about selling an Amazon stock to buy a couple more...then hodl as those kids say

Of course as soon as I do watch amazon break out finally...but I'd still have one
Oct 6, 2012
410 posts
129 upvotes
alberta
I am so confused with Cryptocurrency boom. What is this and how to buy Etherium and How do people get their profit back.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
rupendra76 wrote: I am so confused with Cryptocurrency boom. What is this and how to buy Etherium and How do people get their profit back.
DD and research needed for you sir.
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2266 posts
2729 upvotes
rupendra76 wrote: I am so confused with Cryptocurrency boom. What is this and how to buy Etherium and How do people get their profit back.
Sir.,.. this is a Wendy's....
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2054 posts
4043 upvotes

Easy, follow me .....

Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2009
1209 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Easy, follow me .....

Wow, look at how relaxed that dude is. He/She must be raking it in. Do you mean, that could be me?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2266 posts
2729 upvotes
Tokenkid wrote: Cryptos on sale!
Only high iq or smooth brains will truly understand this
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
1165 posts
1753 upvotes
superscoots wrote: Only high iq or smooth brains will truly understand this
And if somebody thinks it's not on sale they have low iq and not so smooth brain? Great thinking here
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2266 posts
2729 upvotes
dpwr wrote: And if somebody thinks it's not on sale they have low iq and not so smooth brain? Great thinking here

Wat

Low IQ and high IQ will be able to make money on this

the general public will lose horribly

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)