• Sep 22nd, 2017 4:04 pm
Tags:
Dec 31, 2009
65 posts
2 upvotes
Laval
blexann wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 6:55 pm
coinsquare is pretty good and they just revamped their web site. They are a little expensive when compared to Quadriga though
Are they Canadian? Perhaps I am too out of it right now, but, I don't see their funding/fees on their website right now...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4214 posts
386 upvotes
clamsoop wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:01 pm
Are they Canadian? Perhaps I am too out of it right now, but, I don't see their funding/fees on their website right now...
based in Toronto. Are you on the beta site? the old site was almost impossible to use

beta.coinsquare.io
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
Oct 19, 2014
729 posts
101 upvotes
ezBtc is also a good canadian exchange and they do interac transfers.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
3991 posts
1273 upvotes
clamsoop wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 6:59 pm
Ah, alright, I was thinking that was what was no longer accepted (https://www.quadrigacx.com/account-funding-withdrawal) (thinking email money transfer fit into the e-transfer window somehow, my confusion).

Can anyone confirm email money transfer is still good at Quadriga?
yes but I think the fee is now 5% instead of 1%... they changed the funding page.

Now qcx is not the best option anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4214 posts
386 upvotes
Vouchers are free on quadriga. A quadriga account holder could convert money to a digital voucher for use by anyone. It very simple Ive done it for a friend who only has Tangerine

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2251 posts
146 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:13 pm
yes but I think the fee is now 5% instead of 1%... they changed the funding page.

Now qcx is not the best option anymore.
If I got it right ezbtc is only $1.50 to withdraw funds with interact.... seems pretty reasonable.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
2270 posts
472 upvotes
clamsoop wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:01 pm
I have used Canadian Bitcoin based out of Ottawa for about half a dozen bitcoin sell transactions, Extremely efficient, no hassle, and all transactions were 100 percent perfect.

http://canadianbitcoins.com
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
Oct 19, 2014
729 posts
101 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 8:48 pm
If I got it right ezbtc is only $1.50 to withdraw funds with interact.... seems pretty reasonable.
Yeah it is, i've done a few with them. Get funds the next day.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15660 posts
439 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
PennyArcade wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 11:50 am
The simplest way I know how is to go to coinbase.com and buy some using your credit card. Note that you won't be able to buy much at the beginning and they will ask you for ID.

After that point, you can go to myetherwallet.com (use google to search for it because you shouldn't trust any links when creating a wallet) and create your personal wallet. If you are paranoid, you can google how to create an offline wallet.

I would recommend sending funds from your exchange account to your wallet just in case your exchange gets hacked.

To sell ether, you have to get an exchange account other than coinbase as they don't allow canadians to sell. Someplace like quadrigacx will let you create an exchange account.
n00b question here. Based on your post, after I open an Exchange account at QuadricaCX I can move my ETH from Coinbase to QuadrigaCX, and then sell it once it's at Quad?

I don't have a wallet from myetherwallet. I just used Coinbase's wallet.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2053 posts
350 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 12:14 pm
n00b question here. Based on your post, after I open an Exchange account at QuadricaCX I can move my ETH from Coinbase to QuadrigaCX, and then sell it once it's at Quad?

I don't have a wallet from myetherwallet. I just used Coinbase's wallet.
Yes, you can move your ETH from coinbase's wallet to quadrigacx's wallet. Just make sure you have the correct wallet or else it is gone. There will be a transaction fee of like 12 cents CAD in equivalent ETH. Note that if the ethereum network is busy, it will take some time for it to show up.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15660 posts
439 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
PennyArcade wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 12:53 pm
Yes, you can move your ETH from coinbase's wallet to quadrigacx's wallet. Just make sure you have the correct wallet or else it is gone. There will be a transaction fee of like 12 cents CAD in equivalent ETH. Note that if the ethereum network is busy, it will take some time for it to show up.
Good. I like buying with Coinbase, due to the intuitive android app. It sucks that I can't sell directly from coinbase though; although I would probably Buy much more often than I Sell.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2053 posts
350 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 1:58 pm
Good. I like buying with Coinbase, due to the intuitive android app. It sucks that I can't sell directly from coinbase though; although I would probably Buy much more often than I Sell.
The benefit of Coinbase is two fold:

1. the cost of buying ETH is substantially cheaper than QuadrigaCX. Right now it is $254 on Coinbase and $265 (buy contract) on QuadrigaCX. Even with the Coinbase's credit card fee of 4%, it is on par with the buy contract price. I haven't even added the QuadrigaCX fees of funding your account with CAD and the transaction fee of 0.5%.
2. my credit card's cash back applies to purchases from coinbase. I verified this with my statements, meaning that 4% fee is actually 1.91%

There is a small level of arbitrage with transferring coinbase purchases to QuadrigaCX and then selling there, but likely not enough to warrant any noticeable gains.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4214 posts
386 upvotes
bloodpath 2

So the ones saying this was not a bubble were completely wrong and even worse, bear market.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

clarkean