• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 2:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16965 posts
1855 upvotes
GTA West
LOL @ Bitcoin price drops. This was totally foreseeable, and it is why I spent most of my bitcoin last month.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4505 posts
491 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 3:11 pm
LOL @ Bitcoin price drops. This was totally foreseeable, and it is why I spent most of my bitcoin last month.
got anymore predictions for us?
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16965 posts
1855 upvotes
GTA West
blexann wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 3:17 pm
got anymore predictions for us?
Ignorant media will pick this up and spread panic to other ignorant people who own all types of crypto-currencies, who will panic and sell. All will go down in the short term, and it will be a good buying level. (Obviously I'm not the first person to state that in here.)

I studied the makeup of over 20 types of crypto coin, and have already identified what I think is the long-term smart buy. It is neither Ethereum nor bitcoins. I won't post a prediction until I have enough of a stash, purchased at low prices. :lol:
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6624 posts
782 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 3:21 pm
Ignorant media will pick this up and spread panic to other ignorant people who own all types of crypto-currencies, who will panic and sell. All will go down in the short term, and it will be a good buying level. (Obviously I'm not the first person to state that in here.)

I studied the makeup of over 20 types of crypto coin, and have already identified what I think is the long-term smart buy. It is neither Ethereum nor bitcoins. I won't post a prediction until I have enough of a stash, purchased at low prices. :lol:
this.

I'm only gonna be playing with a few grand in the market, but if there ever was a time to buy, it will be "now". Just not any of the big coins. Market will be chaotic to say the least and recovery will take years (for another boom to happen), so keep that in mind.
Feb 20, 2011
308 posts
37 upvotes
east york
Jucius Maximus wrote: Ignorant media will pick this up and spread panic to other ignorant people who own all types of crypto-currencies, who will panic and sell. All will go down in the short term, and it will be a good buying level. (Obviously I'm not the first person to state that in here.)

Lol sure bud..if u investing in any type coin between now and middle August you my friend are clueless
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2269 posts
150 upvotes
Are we going to see Ether prices below 100 dollars soon?
Dec 21, 2007
360 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough
HammerJoe wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:10 am
Are we going to see Ether prices below 100 dollars soon?
I'm starting to wonder the same...if it does drop below $100 I might be tempted to buy in with some actual cash (vs the little I have now from mining).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Jan 19, 2007
610 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Barring the unethical motivation of some entities that did ICOs and now sell, I think even some ethically motivated companies that did ICO would sell ETH to whatever fiat now to remove operating risk
Jan 19, 2007
610 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 3:21 pm
You are still facing technical obsolescence risk to whatever choice you made based on fundamentals - i.e. new blockchain token coming to life that is better platform.
As you see the cost to creating a new token is not that high, and there are a lot of "slush money" going from a token to a token ...it's not like country's cost to re-paper to a new currency.

One obvious thing for those of you more tech-savvy is scalability: any of the current platforms has a too low network TPS e.g. ETH is like 7-10 TPS to allow for a massive adoption
Vitalik Buterin published something on sharding withe ETH to allow for high processing...
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
2291 posts
492 upvotes
Having been mainly in bitcoin and dabbled in a couple of others with various banks starting five years ago, and close to cashing out and tripling my initial investment, and still holding half of all my coins, I don't think I have done poorly at all...

But you all have to realize that there is absolutely no real value in any of these cryptocurrencies, and that 'investing' in them is a form of high risk gambling... There are not P/E ratios, no real means of assessing value, and the EOS operating system is nowhere near worth a billion dollars.

In any event, if you want to get in on the fun, with a small amount of cash, in Canada, wait for bitcoin to drop below a grand, and etherium to drop to about fifty bucks, then buy, and hold... When you get the return you want, sell

and use Canadian Bitcoins, I have sold about 20 grand worth of bitcoin with them in all cash transactions, no issues at all
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
Mar 2, 2011
151 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
fieldhousehandyman wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 8:41 pm
Having been mainly in bitcoin and dabbled in a couple of others with various banks starting five years ago, and close to cashing out and tripling my initial investment, and still holding half of all my coins, I don't think I have done poorly at all...

But you all have to realize that there is absolutely no real value in any of these cryptocurrencies, and that 'investing' in them is a form of high risk gambling... There are not P/E ratios, no real means of assessing value, and the EOS operating system is nowhere near worth a billion dollars.

In any event, if you want to get in on the fun, with a small amount of cash, in Canada, wait for bitcoin to drop below a grand, and etherium to drop to about fifty bucks, then buy, and hold... When you get the return you want, sell

and use Canadian Bitcoins, I have sold about 20 grand worth of bitcoin with them in all cash transactions, no issues at all
98% of crypto space is startups and promises. Of course none of it have any "real world" value yet. Its all either in early development or in alpha.

Its still internet 1993. Let it mature. In the meantime lots of money to be made
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
2291 posts
492 upvotes
samin62 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 10:46 pm
98% of crypto space is startups and promises. Of course none of it have any "real world" value yet. Its all either in early development or in alpha.

Its still internet 1993. Let it mature. In the meantime lots of money to be made
Sums it up quite well, but at the same time, there is probably a lot of money to be lost, Imagine having bought Bitcoin on the run up between $2000 and up to $4000? I mean there must have been people dropping hundreds of millions in for me to ditch my BTC at $3600 to $3200 Canadian three weeks ago...

The will all tank probably, then perform another stratospheric rise
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

jcdogg