• Jun 21st, 2021 11:10 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Ticco wrote: Damn lol

LTC was like $80 just at the begining of this week no?

Are people buying LTC now or waiting for a drop? Seems like it's going to rise for a while longer lol
When it was sitting at 80 I was waiting for to drop, then it hit 90... I was upset I missed that train as well so it was hard to buy more but I did at 92.. Then it went up to 100, I waited for a bit and it kept going up so I bought in at 105 and now it's around 110 on quadrigacx.

If it drops below 100 I might sell 50%.

I meant to buy LTC to send to bittrex and buy some alts but LTC has been on a tear so every time I buy, it keeps going up so I don't want to sell it lol.
Nov 26, 2014
359 posts
153 upvotes
Quebec
I bought LTC at 55$. I sold half of my LTC and bought BAT and RISE with it. Keeping an eye on NEO and DOGE now
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
So you guys aren't actively day trading right - more of a buy and hold and then you guys sell at a profit and then buy more coins when low and hold until they rise...

I wanted to get on that LTC train too but damn my weekly limit at coinbase lol
Nov 26, 2014
359 posts
153 upvotes
Quebec
Ticco wrote: So you guys aren't actively day trading right - more of a buy and hold and then you guys sell at a profit and then buy more coins when low and hold until they rise...

I wanted to get on that LTC train too but damn my weekly limit at coinbase lol
Personally i'm more buy and hold, made a small exception with RISE. I'll sell next week whatever the Value is and buy NEO with that for the long run
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
p0nk1n wrote: Personally i'm more buy and hold, made a small exception with RISE. I'll sell next week whatever the Value is and buy NEO with that for the long run
But you can only buy NEO at a few exchanges that only let you trade in altcoins right?
Nov 26, 2014
359 posts
153 upvotes
Quebec
Ticco wrote: But you can only buy NEO at a few exchanges that only let you trade in altcoins right?
Personally i'm trading on Bittrex. I'll have to trade my RISE for BTC and then BTC for NEO.
I have a quadrigacx account too to be able to withdraw in fiats
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
p0nk1n wrote: Personally i'm trading on Bittrex. I'll have to trade my RISE for BTC and then BTC for NEO.
I have a quadrigacx account too to be able to withdraw in fiats
Yea me too - I've managed to sign up and get verified on QuadrigaCX and Bittrex but I haven't been able to do much yet because I bank with Tangerine and PC only and my only way to fund my Quadriga account currently is a bank wire, not even sure if I can get PC to wire it to them.

Just bought my first BTC on coinbase pretty much.

Anybody know if you have to pay fees to move your BTC around from one exchange to another and also to move it to your own wallet off the exchange? I remember reading that the BTC network charges you a fee but not sure if the exchanges also as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Nothing happening with NEO, keeps dropping until another announcement.
Mar 2, 2011
321 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
baz5 wrote: Nothing happening with NEO, keeps dropping until another announcement.
General rule of thumb. When something goes up that much please dont buy or hold it. No matter how amazing the fundamentals are
Mar 2, 2011
321 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote: Yea me too - I've managed to sign up and get verified on QuadrigaCX and Bittrex but I haven't been able to do much yet because I bank with Tangerine and PC only and my only way to fund my Quadriga account currently is a bank wire, not even sure if I can get PC to wire it to them.

Just bought my first BTC on coinbase pretty much.

Anybody know if you have to pay fees to move your BTC around from one exchange to another and also to move it to your own wallet off the exchange? I remember reading that the BTC network charges you a fee but not sure if the exchanges also as well.
There is a fee anytime you wanna move btc. Quadrigacx pays it for you. Bittrex and Poloniex deduct .001 btc. You will see it when you withdraw from them
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
samin62 wrote: General rule of thumb. When something goes up that much please dont buy or hold it. No matter how amazing the fundamentals are
I'm holding long term. I think it can get up to where Ether is. I'm in BTC since $30, should have sold all at $100?
Mar 2, 2011
321 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
baz5 wrote: I'm holding long term. I think it can get up to where Ether is. I'm in BTC since $30, should have sold all at $100?
What happened last time btc went up huge amount of percentage in short time?

If bitcoin goes to 50k usd in a month or two it would be extrmely silly to hold it and not sell
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
samin62 wrote: What happened last time btc went up huge amount of percentage in short time?

If bitcoin goes to 50k usd in a month or two it would be extrmely silly to hold it and not sell
Obviously there is going to be a correction, that's just common sense... but who knows when.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
samin62 wrote: General rule of thumb. When something goes up that much please dont buy or hold it. No matter how amazing the fundamentals are
So Litecoin is another one lol

What about ETH - is there a fee for moving ETH?
Mar 2, 2011
321 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
baz5 wrote: Obviously there is going to be a correction, that's just common sense... but who knows when.
Kool man. You do you
Ticco wrote: So Litecoin is another one lol

What about ETH - is there a fee for moving ETH?
Yea. Its called gas. I think there is a default gas fee set. If you control the wallet yourself you can increase it. Not from exchanges as far as i know
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
samin62 wrote: Kool man. You do you

Yea. Its called gas. I think there is a default gas fee set. If you control the wallet yourself you can increase it. Not from exchanges as far as i know
I see thanks - you have a recommendation on the best way to move your coins around if you want to buy altcoins ultimately on sites like Bittrex?

Like if you deposit fiat in QuadrigaCX, you'd have to buy either BTC or ETH in order to use them to trade for other altcoins in Bittrex right - would you just move it directly from QuadrigaCX to Bittrex?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1503 upvotes
QC
mathiewannabe wrote: eth network is really slow today. did u set high enough gas price? check if tx is confirmed on etherscan explorer.
I was under their threshold to appear online. I added some and it showed in under a few minutes.
Mar 2, 2011
321 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote: I see thanks - you have a recommendation on the best way to move your coins around if you want to buy altcoins ultimately on sites like Bittrex?

Like if you deposit fiat in QuadrigaCX, you'd have to buy either BTC or ETH in order to use them to trade for other altcoins in Bittrex right - would you just move it directly from QuadrigaCX to Bittrex?
there is only one way to move it, through the network. You cannot escape the fees. But it is negligible. If you are somewhat successful at trading you wont even pay attention to the fees. It is extremely cheap.

QCX > Bittrex > Trade
Banned
Aug 30, 2017
29 posts
Went deep bought about 50 Litecoin, from what I've been reading Litecoins potential is still massive.

$200-$300 before year end is what most people are predicting, the tech and developers behind it is pretty convincing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)