Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1934 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto

Black Friday in Canada is a joke

Most of the items have been the price before or will be this price in a few weeks :lol:
Dont think ill be picking up anything.
59 replies
Jul 24, 2008
729 posts
241 upvotes
If you want a really funny joke, check out Boxing Day!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1934 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
mjavor wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 8:03 pm
If you want a really funny joke, check out Boxing Day!
Boxing day last year wasnt too bad what what i call recall. The stuff iv seen for black friday here so far isnt even luke warm.
Nov 16, 2012
36 posts
MISSISSAUGA
wwedx wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 9:09 pm
Boxing day last year wasnt too bad what what i call recall. The stuff iv seen for black friday here so far isnt even luke warm.
Very few good deals.

How much % off were video games last year on Boxing Day?
Aug 23, 2012
670 posts
249 upvotes
Everywhere
why would retailers here blow their load on black friday when canadians will be looking south?
Apr 19, 2010
794 posts
297 upvotes
should add in your topic "Boxing Day in USA is a joke"
Dec 13, 2006
620 posts
31 upvotes
The OP should be greatful that Canadians get a Black Friday.
-----------------------------------------
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6229 posts
444 upvotes
Victoria
I do agree that Black Friday sucks in Canada. US Black Friday is also far better than our Boxing Day (Which gets weaker with every passing year).

One thing I do realize though is that the problem with expensive prices is pretty systemic in Canada. It goes way deeper than the retail level. IE manufacturers charge different amounts for their goods in different regions (meaning US retailers often acquire them at cheaper prices than Canadian ones). I think this means the Canadian retailers aren't in as strong as a position to slash prices.

It's a win/win for the manufacturers. They can sell to the cheaper people south of the border, and charge a premium up here. They still sell their stuff.

I do realize it goes beyond this (How much incentive can their be to lower prices on electronics when the same company owns both of the major Canadian electronic chains... ie future shop/best buy).

Here's hoping Target puts some pressure on the Canadian market when they come in.
Aug 3, 2007
578 posts
12 upvotes
McMasterville
In canada retailers know we will pay what ever ***** they throw at us..... in the usa they are more picky and have no choice than to bring out more people to the shops.....

sucks but offer & demand people here buy more than the us for 10x more too
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1310 posts
144 upvotes
Burnaby
Ryo_hazuki wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 1:22 am
In canada retailers know we will pay what ever ***** they throw at us..... in the usa they are more picky and have no choice than to bring out more people to the shops.....
I wonder when retailers in Canada go from being in the red to black. Probably happens the first week of the year seeing as they charge us so much. I'm kidding of course.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1934 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
guardianflash wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 11:50 pm
Why i wont be picking up anything.
t6lock wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 11:39 pm
Boxing day in the USA is actually the real deal. The items for sale there are Hot
Nov 27, 2009
13 posts
guardianflash wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 11:50 pm
Yes we should all be so grateful that the selfless and wonderful retailers are willing to sell us products on sale. You might even call them heroic.
Oct 19, 2009
869 posts
32 upvotes
Markham
t6lock wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 11:39 pm
Qft hahahaha.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4179 posts
151 upvotes
wwedx wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 7:59 am
Why i wont be picking up anything.

Boxing day in the USA is actually the real deal. The items for sale there are Hot
Unless u start lining up now which some people already, u won't get the hot items
× < >