• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 8:29 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 6, 2012
635 posts
121 upvotes

Black Friday "deals"

I get the feeling that BestBuy will have a deal on the Denon AVR-S730H home theater receiver. I purchased one on monday evening. It was on sale for $530, $170 off from the $699 regular price. On tuesday morning I check, it was now at $500, so another $30 off (again with $699 listed as the regular price). I went and got the difference and was a happy camper. When I did this the girl told me to keep checking as it might go even lower soon. I checked this morning and it's no longer on sale, at the regular price of $750...

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/re ... 51321.aspx?

I love how places jack their prices up before holiday "deals"!
11 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18516 posts
3652 upvotes
Thornhill
It's no different at your local grocery store or pharmacy.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1325 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah bestbuy sales change every Friday, i noticed some Amazon products have gone up in the last week as well. I wish bestbuy and walmart had a price tracker.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9835 posts
894 upvotes
skidragoon wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:29 pm
Yeah bestbuy sales change every Friday, i noticed some Amazon products have gone up in the last week as well. I wish bestbuy and walmart had a price tracker.
Yeah definitely. There were a bunch of PC parts I was going to buy on Amazon.ca and literally every item went up by $10-$20 the last few days.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8234 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
i'd heard theres going to be a big discount on sewing machines.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Nov 9, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
I heard there will be a lots of monitor on sales from Staples on Black Friday
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5309 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:29 pm
Yeah definitely. There were a bunch of PC parts I was going to buy on Amazon.ca and literally every item went up by $10-$20 the last few days.
Ahh.... I see Bust Buy and Amazon are starting early this year with their fake sales - artificially jack the ticketed price and then claim a larger discount than it actually is. At least they're not as bad as the Brick and Leons.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10715 posts
3907 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Hoping to find some good Amazon.ca deals on 55" 4K TVs. And before anyone says to buy one from Costco, I have Amazon gift cards in my account and is the reason why I will be choosing Amazon.
Nov 5, 2017
89 posts
21 upvotes
bug wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 10:42 am
Hoping to find some good Amazon.ca deals on 55" 4K TVs. And before anyone says to buy one from Costco, I have Amazon gift cards in my account and is the reason why I will be choosing Amazon.
If you're buying Samsung or LG off Amazon - They will not come with warranty from the Manufacturer as Samsung and LG do not allow their authorized dealers to sell on Amazon.ca, as well as Newegg.ca

Sony however is aloud to sell on Amazon.ca - Just make sure you're buying from someone authorized. TBH you can call local dealers and get better pricing than what you see online wether it be Amazon, newegg or Bestbuy marketplace.
Nov 5, 2017
89 posts
21 upvotes
MrBanks321 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:48 pm
I'd buy it from the USA for 300 usd, manufacturer refurbished and 1 year warranty
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a ... ver/1.html

Or Gibbys electronics (Canada) manufacturer refurb, should be a 1 year warranty for 399, sale ends today
https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... r-b-stock/
This is still on it looks like - https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... r-b-stock/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)