None
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2472 posts
115 upvotes
Brampton
lazo wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 1:57 am
I was goona buy from 2001 audio video a Panasonic 50" VIERA 1080p 3D-Ready Plasma HD-TV TCP50UT50 with smart tv and 3d but read that with this tv in a bright room that the black's on the tv look grainy and washed but in dark the tv blacks look great and theres a similar panasonic tv without smart and 3d for 688 but might have same issue with the blacks
is this true also with the Panasonic 50" VIERA 1080p 3D-Ready Plasma HD-TV TCP50UT50 you need a wifi adapter for making smart tv to work and i think it does not have a web browser

i think im goona go the cheap way and get a lcd tv around 39 inch and then just buy a blue ray player with 3d and smart apps for 100 dollars
one question i have rogers and its analog maybe digital don't know and then i have them digital cable boxes that they give you do i need
to install my cable into the hdtv first for digital tv to get digital signal. if my new hdtv has the Built-in ATSC digital tuner would that just give me digital signal anyways
thanks
I was looking at 50" panny plasmas too, best to go view them. I was set on ST, but the black filter everyone talks about also seems to reduce viewing angles, so I may go with UT, looked good but not quite as deep as ST. However at 2001 I was told the 788 price ended sunday, have to look elsewhere.
Dec 3, 2004
568 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
slice wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 4:59 am
The sales is still on for the 47" LG at BB. It's listed as OS at my local store (Whitby, ON). I'm going to see if this qualifies for their flat screen OS offer ($50 plus free delivery). That will bring it down to $599.99.
Update: I went to the Whitby location and it was a bit of a hassle. Only one sales rep in the dept.. People jumped ahead of me as on duty manager helps out (I won't bore you with details but it involved waiting and more than enough "I can't help you"). Just as I was about to leave I spoke with manager. After some discussion he gave me the OS offer ($50 + delivery to my home). It shows as $649 minus $100 (they then added the $50 delivery fee) + $25.00 environmental. With tax it works out to $706.23. Technically, since the price on the receipt shows $549, I guess I could do a price match somewhere else and put the $50 towards a soundbar... then again, I just noticed this offer (online) regarding BB and the TV I bought "BONUS Precision Acoustics Sound Bar (SB-1C) for $149.99 with purchase of this TV. (SAVE $120)" It may be worth another trip to BB.

LINK
Oct 24, 2012
69 posts
21 upvotes
slice wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 7:58 pm
Update: I went to the Whitby location and it was a bit of a hassle. Only one sales rep in the dept.. People jumped ahead of me as on duty manager helps out (I won't bore you with details but it involved waiting and more than enough "I can't help you"). Just as I was about to leave I spoke with manager. After some discussion he gave me the OS offer ($50 + delivery to my home). It shows as $649 minus $100 (they then added the $50 delivery fee) + $25.00 environmental. With tax it works out to $706.23. Technically, since the price on the receipt shows $549, I guess I could do a price match somewhere else and put the $50 towards a soundbar... then again, I just noticed this offer (online) regarding BB and the TV I bought "BONUS Precision Acoustics Sound Bar (SB-1C) for $149.99 with purchase of this TV. (SAVE $120)" It may be worth another trip to BB.

LINK
Hi, i bought this at BB at the weekend and paid the full $649 + ecofee + tax. What $50 offer are you referring to please? Thanks
Dec 3, 2004
568 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
charltonfan1 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:13 pm
Hi, i bought this at BB at the weekend and paid the full $649 + ecofee + tax. What $50 offer are you referring to please? Thanks
Thanks to RFD, I learned that BB has an Out of Stock Policy Flat Panel Guarantee, meaning if a flat panel TV (larger than 32"... I believe) is out of stock then BB will provide a $50 credit plus free delivery. I have the feeling this is aimed at online customers. Meanwhile, the TV was out of stock at all of the local BB's (eastern GTA). I pushed for the guarantee yet the mgr I spoke with wasn't sure if the offer was in effect over the holiday period. BTW, the info was up this past weekend but I just noticed that although the page is still there today the info has been removed. The mgr honored the guarantee anyway ($50 off + free delivery to my home... the tv is instock at the central warehouse). It appears I lucked out. As an aside, most all of the online reviews, I could find, for this TV have been very good... as far as that "deal" on the sound bar goes, it's available to anyone (purchasing the tv is not required)... I'm going to shop around.
Oct 24, 2012
69 posts
21 upvotes
slice wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:52 pm
Thanks to RFD, I learned that BB has an Out of Stock Policy Flat Panel Guarantee, meaning if a flat panel TV (larger than 32"... I believe) is out of stock then BB will provide a $50 credit plus free delivery. I have the feeling this is aimed at online customers. Meanwhile, the TV was out of stock at all of the local BB's (eastern GTA). I pushed for the guarantee yet the mgr I spoke with wasn't sure if the offer was in effect over the holiday period. BTW, the info was up this past weekend but I just noticed that although the page is still there today the info has been removed. The mgr honored the guarantee anyway ($50 off + free delivery to my home). I lucked out. As an aside, most all of the online reviews, I could find, for this TV have been very good... as far as that "deal" on the sound bar goes, it's available to anyone (purchasing the tv is not required)... I'm going to shop around.
Ok thanks. The cached website has this info:

Flat Panel In-Stock Guarantee

Best Buy Canada offers an in-stock guarantee on all flat-panel TVs that are 46” and above. If the flat-panel TV (46” and above) you are looking for is not in stock at your Best Buy store, then one of our associates will help you find it, order it for delivery, and offer you:

1. Free local delivery
2. $50 off the advertised price

PLEASE NOTE: This guarantee excludes all Clearance, Gone When Gone, Demo and Doorcrasher Items, and Limited Quantity offers.
Apr 27, 2010
26 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
scottyxx wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 3:18 pm
Yeah, Missed it :( Fitted my spec completely. My boyfriend has decided he wants a 1080p LED 39" one. Too bad its gonna skin me like 400 bucks :(
tigerdirect are bunch of crooks and liars. I put this thing in my cart exactly at midnight, finished processing at 12:05. Two days later they send me a message that there was an error and my order was cancelled. Also, on Red Thursday they had ext hard disk WD 3TB for sale at 120, but if you add it to the cart, it would say 150 and will not change. This one I did not care about, because Dell had the same HD at 130 with free shipment, but this TV thing pisses me off, cause I wanted to give it to my parents, who do not want an expensive TV, even as a gift.
× < >