Off Topic

Black Lives Matter Vancouver asks that cops be removed from the 2017 Vancouver Gay Pride Parade

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 7:35 pm
May 22, 2016
809 posts
134 upvotes
Ontario
I lived in a west indian country in the mid 80s and black ppl are just a racist as white ppl. We had to go to a white only school to avoid being beat up and taxis would not pick us up. BLM is a racist group and gets way with it because ppl are to afraid to speak out.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4747 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Lol, bunch of bullies.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1366 posts
147 upvotes
Kitchener
How many of you know that Black Lives Matter is funded by George Soros?

Nothing is as it seems I'd say and everything that is meant to look altruistic and righteous usually isn't. There's always someone/some group behind these front pieces that have much different ulterior motives.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2003
4200 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
BQMT for the win

Black
Queer/Questioning
Muslim
Trans

The rest of you can suck it up.
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Apr 14, 2017
203 posts
66 upvotes
DT Calgary
Cough wrote:
May 21st, 2017 3:18 pm
BQMT for the win

Black
Queer/Questioning
Muslim
Trans

The rest of you can suck it up.
Wow! Watch out.
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2003
4200 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
FreshCo wrote:
May 21st, 2017 3:26 pm
Wow! Watch out.
Hey you are from Calgary. Almost describes Mr Mayor...
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3674 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
torontocityboy wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:36 pm
What crimes did they commit? As far as im concerned they should be even more aggressive and violent than everyone claims them to be. They deserve it. After years of slavery, its owed.
So, please, enlighten me about something I still can't understand: BLM was invited last year to march as the honoured group of the Toronto pride parade, and they decided to hold the parade hostage, and to make ridiculous demands just because slavery existed in the past?... they were nominated as the honoured group, so their claims that pride was snubbing black people is stupid, as they were the guests of honour

BLM is a stupid selfish group of people, who loves to mourn and live in the past, instead of trying to make peace and work together with others in the present for a better future.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Apr 12, 2012
756 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
These black supremacists are really causing troubles for everyone else. I am certainly not impressed. But we also have to remember that the European imperialists brought them forcibly from Africa as cheap labour in the past, so we can't just blame one group and not the other.
The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3747 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
torontocityboy wrote:
May 21st, 2017 9:14 am
What are you talking about?? You act as if only BLM vancouver does this. How many times have we seen middle eastern protests downtown toronto, or many other places for that matter, because of what is happening in their home country? So the middle eastern people here are attention whores? Thats what you would call them? Why the trump protests in toronto, or anywhere else in Canada?
Yes I'd call many of these protesters for various 'causes' to be attention whores who have nothing better to do with their lives. Other than doing it for their own benefit, who's else is going to care about their protest? The leaders in their home countries certainly won't give a sh$t and most people that see their protest here won't give a crap either. So what's the point other than trying to get their 15 mins of exposure on TV?

The same goes for 'Canadians against Trump'. HE'S NOT EVEN OUR LEADER and yet so many Canadians protest against him as if he was. How UTTERLY STUPID IS THAT?? Whatever Trump's beliefs are and what policies he wants to implement, mostly doesn't affect Canada and those policies that are mostly economic that do affect Canada, like Trump really gives a flying eff that Canadians or other people around the world are protesting against him? These are complete attention whoring SJWs who think they're actually doing something useful when the person they're protesting probably didn't know they and their protest existed in the first place.
Its called awareness and support for what you believe in and whats right. You cant knock blacks for protesting and starting a movement in Canada just because its not as bad as the states. It CAN possibly get that way here. How do you know it wont? There is already racial discrimination in our country, but I guess you want blacks to wait until theyre getting shot, or heavily harrassed by police daily before saying anything. And when they do say or do anything about it, youd probably still tell them to stfu and suck it up.
So now you want to startup stupid protests on the off chance that things MIGHT get worse for black people in Canada even when its the exact opposite that's been happening the past couple of decades?? Really?!? If black people were truly so concerned about improving things for themselves, they would've dealt with black on black crime a long time ago. You know the one thing that's been killing and injuring black people a 1000x times more often on an annual basis than all the 'police brutality' against black people in the past 20 years. But naww lets not deal with that problem because that would involve taking some responsibility for their own self-destructive actions. Can't do that nope. >_>
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Nov 8, 2015
19 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I agree blacks are just as racist and uneducated
party at 15 Dunedin Drive, Kleinburg
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16444 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal
lemieux035 wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:37 pm
These black supremacists are really causing troubles for everyone else. I am certainly not impressed. But we also have to remember that the European imperialists brought them forcibly from Africa as cheap labour in the past, so we can't just blame one group and not the other.
In the US. Most blacks in Canada are descended from fleeing slaves, or are later Carribean and African immigrants. The issues in Canada are not the same.
Dec 23, 2010
644 posts
213 upvotes
Ottawa
lemieux035 wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:37 pm
You know black people did sell other black people into slavery right just like white people sold white people into slavery as well throughout history? Anyway please explain how the vancouver police should be blamed for slavery and what slavery has to do with the pride parade.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28228 posts
4202 upvotes
Ottawa
Applesmack wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 2:19 pm
You know black people did sell other black people into slavery right just like white people sold white people into slavery as well throughout history? Anyway please explain how the vancouver police should be blamed for slavery and what slavery has to do with the pride parade.
Good points and good question.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26183 posts
6056 upvotes
GTHA
Black Lives Matter Vancouver held an alternative Pride march Sunday, as cities across North America grappled with how to navigate police presence at their Pride celebrations.

BLM Vancouver's March on Pride aimed to reframe the city's Pride Parade by removing police presence in the march, and in their view making it a more inclusive event for queer, two-spirit and trans people of colour.

"Black people and queer people of colour can be without having that fear of police being involved in that parade," said Joy Gyamfi, one of the rally's organizers.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/black-lives-matter ... -1.3475848
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1636 posts
308 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 10:15 pm
"Black people and queer people of colour can be without having that fear of police being involved in that parade," said Joy Gyamfi, one of the rally's organizers.
wtf?... fear of what?, i don't get this group's nonsense :facepalm:

so now what?, i'm going to start a petition to ban christian groups that currently march on the parade supporting lgbt people, because in the past christianity committed horrors against homosexuals??... it is so stupid what blm is doing, just alienating themselves, instigating hatred and division, playing the victim's card and discriminating against others instead of celebrating that no matter of what happened in the past, there is actually a positive response, attitude and support from the police
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)