Dec 7, 2012
26876 posts
6379 upvotes
GTHA
jenviea wrote:
Sep 25th, 2015 1:55 pm
It's official Netflix has ordered new episodes
Netflix's Black Mirror Is Already Getting A-List Talent

Charlie Brooker’s masterful show Black Mirror has always featured top talent. Then, in its most recent episode, it went a bit Hollywood by casting Mad Men’s Jon Hamm. Now, with the show returning to Netflix, even more massive talent is along for the ride, both in front of and behind the camera.

Deadline reports that director Joe Wright, who did Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, and last year’s Pan, has signed on to direct an episode of the show, and he’s bringing along stars Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World) and Alice Eve (Star Trek Into Darkness).

That’s a pretty strong trio for just a single episode of the 12 new ones reportedly coming to Netflix in the future. It’s thrilling to think of who could join some of the other episodes, all of which will be written by Brooker.

Unfortunately, there is no indication as to what Wright’s episode will be about just yet. But with a cast and director in place, we can tell Brooker is well on his way to scripting the show’s return.

The six original Black Mirror episodes starred a slew of up-and-coming actors who have since become pretty huge names. Among them are Toby Kebbell (Fantastic Four), Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter), and Domhnall Gleeson (The Force Awakens). Brooker’s series puts a twisted spin on technology and modern cultural norms. If you haven’t seen it yet, click over to Netflix ASAP.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5596 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Thoughts on Season 3?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5596 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
I went a little nuts and watched the whole third season over the weekend.
It's not the amount of TV I watched, BUT in retrospect this show shouldn't be binged - you are dealing with heavy, depressing, thought-provoking stuff here, and no episode is like the other. I feel just floored!

Here are my reviews of the episodes:

Nosedive - Really interesting take on how the whole 'rating' system we value so highly (Amazon, Yelp, Tinder, etc...) can become so much more. Howard was an excellent lead. Also, episodes aren't supposed to be 'real' right? Well read this

Play Test - Psychologically frightening take on virtual-reality. Kept my heart-rate up and really made me question the whole 'what is real and what isn't' world. Good episode to watch for Halloween.

Shut Up and Dance - Cyber-bullying pushed to the next level. Strong performances and totally believable story.

San Junipero - Very sad/beautiful love story. Saying anything more would give too much away. Great soundtrack! I think this will have the most chatter among the episodes.

Men Against Fire - I wonder if the tactics employed on the soldiers are magnified versions of what could have happened during WWII or in more recent wars. Well-done.

Hated in the Nation - This was the most crime-thriller and felt the most like a legit movie from the bunch.

Overall, this is a phenomenal show, and despite 2-3 episodes in the entire 3 seasons (and a special) that are just OK, the rest of the stupendous ones more than make up for the show on the whole. Highly recommended.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5532 posts
265 upvotes
Calgary
i watched season 3 over the weekend (2 per day dont binge this too much!) and my ranking for the episodes from best to last are, 6, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4

i really like this show and glad to have it on netflix. overall great season and im already looking forward to s4...

charlie brooker (creator) also did a show called 'dead set' which is a parody/black comedy on big brother reality type shows. worth watching and fits well for halloween...
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14167 posts
2520 upvotes
Toronto
FInished season 3. I like the concept where each episode has a different story and different characters. I liked the 6th episode best.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5596 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Here's another trailer but the big question is: when is the new season coming out?

Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8798 posts
1865 upvotes
Toronto
It seems they're uploading a new teaser for maybe every episode

According to epguides.com there's only 6 episodes so three more teasers and then maybe the season's on Netflix