• Jun 21st, 2023 5:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote: And here's a little fun fact: Season 4 is filmed in/around Toronto!
A little fun fact that TK1000 shared earlier in the day
Pretty cool
tk1000 wrote:
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Episode 5 was my least favorite. Episode 4 was the best one.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Solid season overall!

USS Callister - fun take on VR with a nostalgic throwback to 60s-era Star Trek. Nice accent Plemons :)

Arkangel - coming off as an indie flick, this should be a wake-up call to parents who try to monitor their child's exposure and decision-making. Could have been better.

Crocodile - dark and bleak as @#$% with the Nordic landscape adding to the whole vibe - excellent episode. Anyone know the meaning behind the title?

Hang the DJ - in agreement with user 'car master' above on being the best this season, this well-shot tale on sentient love was awesome.

Metalhead - intense cat-and-mouse story with no depth/intellect - being the shortest episode of the season helped.

Black Museum - messy but fun anthology tale that reminded me of a Tales from the Crypt episode
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
this is one of my favorite shows but i didn't really like this season too much, i think the overall writing was better in the previous ones.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
67 posts
28 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Latest season was weak

Netflix did a pretty poor job of making the new episodes compared to the previous seasons which were not made by them

Okay to watch but overall letdown
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I really liked USS Callister, more than I thought I would based on the premise. I think it's because unlike a large majority of Black Mirror episodes, the whole "technology doom & gloom" theme wasn't as overarching; it was more about the characters and their struggles. Technology obviously played a role and was a catalyst for most of the story, but it was more of a means to an end for storytelling in this episode more than the central theme/plot element.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
season ain't that weak, it's just some of the episodes are below average like crocodile, metalhead, and arkangel..

if im going to rank the episodes this season, 1 being the best.

1. Hang the DJ
2. USS Callister
3. Black Museum
4. Crodocile
5. ArkAngel
6. Metalhead

Metalhead was really bad, i fell asleep during the middle parts and had to rewind. Never happened to me before watching Black Mirror episodes...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote: Solid season overall!

USS Callister - fun take on VR with a nostalgic throwback to 60s-era Star Trek. Nice accent Plemons :)

Arkangel - coming off as an indie flick, this should be a wake-up call to parents who try to monitor their child's exposure and decision-making. Could have been better.

Crocodile - dark and bleak as @#$% with the Nordic landscape adding to the whole vibe - excellent episode. Anyone know the meaning behind the title?

Hang the DJ - in agreement with user 'car master' above on being the best this season, this well-shot tale on sentient love was awesome.

Metalhead - intense cat-and-mouse story with no depth/intellect - being the shortest episode of the season helped.

Black Museum - messy but fun anthology tale that reminded me of a Tales from the Crypt episode
I am also confused how they came up with the title "crocodile" on that episode.

is it because sometimes being called a crocodile means being greedy?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
DimsumDeals wrote: season ain't that weak, it's just some of the episodes are below average like crocodile, metalhead, and arkangel..

if im going to rank the episodes this season, 1 being the best.

1. Hang the DJ
2. USS Callister
3. Black Museum
4. Crodocile
5. ArkAngel
6. Metalhead

Metalhead was really bad, i fell asleep during the middle parts and had to rewind. Never happened to me before watching Black Mirror episodes...
Metalhead was terrible. A complete waste of time. I agree Hang the DJ was awesome.
Banned
Dec 27, 2017
8 posts
Best.Show.Ever! I just watched it last week and i have to take a day off to rush all the series... so good
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
PaulJWood wrote: Best.Show.Ever! I just watched it last week and i have to take a day off to rush all the series... so good
i agree, its one of the best shows on TV if not the best. it's way better than some of the movies coming out in the theaters.

I hope they make more and soon, but its probably gonna be another 2 years :(

Guys, what is your ranking for best to worst for all the episodes so far for all seasons?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
DimsumDeals wrote: i agree, its one of the best shows on TV if not the best. it's way better than some of the movies coming out in the theaters.

I hope they make more and soon, but its probably gonna be another 2 years :(

Guys, what is your ranking for best to worst for all the episodes so far for all seasons?
They're all worthy of a watch, but I don't think the following 3 add much, and can be skipped:

White Bear
Waldo Moment
Metalhead
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote: They're all worthy of a watch, but I don't think the following 3 add much, and can be skipped:

White Bear
Waldo Moment
Metalhead
hmm i enjoyed the plot twist in White Bear. Although i dont see the technology aspect of that episode or maybe i missed it. Erasing memories? is that it?

I agree with waldo moment and metalhead. Those episodes suck. Although waldo moment predicted what iphone is doing now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
PaulJWood wrote: Best.Show.Ever! I just watched it last week and i have to take a day off to rush all the series... so good
Hm so you’re not really sick...come to my office first thing tomorrow morning!!
To the moon
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Black Mirror Tech Is Coming True at CES 2018
Self-driving pizza cars and more may prove that this season of Black Mirror is even smarter than we thought.

Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
DimsumDeals wrote: I am also confused how they came up with the title "crocodile" on that episode.

is it because sometimes being called a crocodile means being greedy?
Perhaps it's a related meaning to "Crocodile Tears" ???

Season 3, epi 3 I loved. Shut up and dance.
Feb 6, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
My top 5 episodes:

The Entire History of You is IMHO the best episode by far.

Arkangel was freaky. really freaky. The scene (spoiler) was watching her daughter have sex was just too much for one's level of comfort.

Black Museum disturbed me to no end.

USS Calister and White Christmas were fascinating to say the least. I think John Ham did great in WC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)