Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2818 posts
270 upvotes

Black Samsung Galaxy S3

I just recently bought the White one with rogers, and I feel so annoyed with it already. I think I have 14 days to return it?

I am wondering when the black version will be coming out, does anyone know? What are your thoughts on White vs Blue? I see people posting pictures showing the lighting of the back keys etc bleeding through the white casing which doesnt happen with the blue...
10 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15925 posts
355 upvotes
Was it a hardware upgrade? I think you only have max. 30 mins talk time.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15426 posts
804 upvotes
Woodbridge
New or Upgrade, I believe it's 14 Days or 30 Minutes.

As for Black? Samsung only announced it for the Galaxy Note 2.

I went with Pebble Blue when I bought the S3, strangely enough I don't know anyone with a White S3 all have PB so I can't say if there's Bleeding. I have both White & Grey Note 2 and don't notice anything.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2818 posts
270 upvotes
There are saphhire black ones on ebay.... just wondering if anyone knew when the black is coming to north america
Apr 20, 2012
161 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton
Verizon in the US has it. No idea if it will be coming to a carrier up here.
Nov 11, 2012
876 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
Never will show. Red is on BELL. http://www.icarbons.com/ is your friend. I didn't like the blue, but than didn't mind it but hated the back. So I bought a skin to make it look totally different. The sides with a skin look like ***** tho so just pretend they don't exist. You can also get new backs any color you want on ebay. Get the blue and get a new back. It looks close enough to black and has a cool grain texture when the light hits it rather than the white which just looks plain plastic white.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2678 posts
313 upvotes
Newmarket
i think it's 14 days or 14 minutes. i over heard some guy yelling at futureshop about how nobody told him this and he wouldn't have used it for 3 hours if he had known. lol.
Nov 29, 2011
725 posts
127 upvotes
Milton
I beleive there is also a data limit as well, like 30 minutes talk or 10 mb data or something like that.

In any case, I felt the same way about the white and blue and wanted a black, but the only option seems to be getting an international unlocked version, but I wanted one subsidized by my carrier as I wanted to extend my current plan (6GB data and voice for under $60). I gave up and went with a different model altogether. There was no SIII case I could find that totally masked the blue, and so you got weird bits of blue showing through like a balaclava. Didn't like it, and didn't want "sticker" skins or whatever all over it either.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2241 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vorthex wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:39 am
I just recently bought the White one with rogers, and I feel so annoyed with it already. I think I have 14 days to return it?

I am wondering when the black version will be coming out, does anyone know? What are your thoughts on White vs Blue? I see people posting pictures showing the lighting of the back keys etc bleeding through the white casing which doesnt happen with the blue...
I think this is what you're referring to?

I have a white S3 as well and the white light bleeding through actually doesn't bother me. I find that its a cool feature especially when the surrounding is pitch black. Oddly enough, all my friends who have upgraded to the S3 or Note 2. Went with titanium grey or the white.
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
× < >