Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9344 posts
543 upvotes

Black Summer (Netflix)

Anyone watching this?.

Another zombie TV show. Its not like Walking Dead, its more like Dawn Of The Dead/World War Z type feel.

I am in Episode 2 and its pretty good so far.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80198988
Ok, Boomer 😂
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6314 posts
2285 upvotes
Binged it in one day, and thought it was well done. The show does a great job of immersing the viewers in the characters' situations. I believe some people who did work on Z Nation were involved in this show as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20502 posts
1956 upvotes
Toronto
^ +2.............wifey and I binge watched it over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Different from The Walking Dead and found the show tense and action packed in the right moments - can't wait for Season 2!

FS: Blackberry PRIV
Heatware: 63-0-0
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
18 posts
7 upvotes
lol at the guy that only says "mother fker"
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20502 posts
1956 upvotes
Toronto
Funniest was at the end near the stadium and all the 'Muricans with guns.....

People getting accidently shot, that could so realistically happen!!

FS: Blackberry PRIV
Heatware: 63-0-0
Dec 6, 2017
511 posts
222 upvotes
Manitoba
Tolerable storyline, horrible acting (except for Velez)...but episode 3 was just ********.
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1848 posts
886 upvotes
the episodes in the school and the dance club sucked so hard. Why couldnt they learn that they needed to shoot them in the head, they wasted so many bullets
Got that Zoomer account!
Aug 22, 2011
75 posts
20 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Was pleasantry surprised by this show, hope they do a season 2. Show is straight to the point zombie survival show with none of the boring relationship drama that made we stop watching Walking Dead
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4462 posts
853 upvotes
Abbottabad
This show is stupid. The characters are stupid and useless. Sure let’s walk around town during a zombie apocalypse without any sort of weapon in our hands. Let’s shoot the zombies in the chest 10 times and waste all our bullets. Let’s try to talk some sense into a rabid zombie that’s bleeding from the mouth and trying to bite my head off.

Worst zombie apocalypse show in the history of zombie apocalypse shows.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10193 posts
513 upvotes
Watched 3 episodes to give it a chance and I concur with what the poster above said in that it's the worst of the zombie shows.

What I find amazing is that in a world of countless shows and movies about zombies it's always abundantly clear that the people in these movies have never seen a single one of them. I also don't understand how few zombies there were when the cars were all empty and abandoned, the houses as well and people indicating they had been staying somewhere for weeks but yet there were maybe 5-6 different zombies across those 3 episodes.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4084 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
I was really bored at work and I watched all 8 episodes in 2 days. Do yourself a favor, do not watch this show at all. Senseless action scenes. Dumb dialogue between characters. It seems like an extremely low budgeted show.

I hated Z-Nation but that show was better than this one.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17035 posts
3889 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Robo wrote:
May 24th, 2019 6:28 pm
I was really bored at work and I watched all 8 episodes in 2 days. Do yourself a favor, do not watch this show at all. Senseless action scenes. Dumb dialogue between characters. It seems like an extremely low budgeted show.

I hated Z-Nation but that show was better than this one.
I couldn't get past the second episode.