Ongoing Deal Discussion

[BlackBerry] Blackberry EPP Pricing (Leap, Dtek 50, DTek 60, Classic, Passport, Priv)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 2:17 pm
Tags:

Poll: Which BlackBerry device would you buy?

• Total votes: 171. You have voted on this poll.
Classic

4%
Dtek 50

10%
Dtek 60

61%
Leap

1%
Passport (Regular or Silver)

5%
Priv

20%
Apr 26, 2016
134 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
With a $549.99USD price on the KeyOne - safe to assume in CDN this will be $699 knowing what carriers have done in the past here?

Christov - will EPP pricing be available for the KeyOne in the future, or as a TCL device, no more EPP on future devices?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18869 posts
1323 upvotes
RangerG wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:51 am
With a $549.99USD price on the KeyOne - safe to assume in CDN this will be $699 knowing what carriers have done in the past here?

Christov - will EPP pricing be available for the KeyOne in the future, or as a TCL device, no more EPP on future devices?
I am going to need to wait a bit for KEYone to drop in price - definitely can't afford the approx. $699 price.....

Good question! Hoping christov can still get EPP on KEYone!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
1792 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
RangerG wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:51 am

That's actually a good question - i'm pretty sure there won't be EPP pricing though unless Blackberry Mobile decides to offer as a goodwill gesture. But Blackberry and Blackberry Mobile are two different companies.
Nov 7, 2006
127 posts
18 upvotes
Just posting to confirm the Christov EPP for the Dtek60. The transaction went smoothly and received my Dtek60 (2 of them) just like buying from Shop BB.

The phone is slippery, so I recommend buying the case with EPP at the same time with Christov.

Already miss my secure blackberry Q10, but unfortunately this is the future, and if you want the apps, its time to be herded into adopting the android/google information gathering platform.

Thanks Christov.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1694 posts
172 upvotes
Waterlooo
I got a 32nd brand case from Amazon - " Tough Gel Silicone Defender" for $10. Very happy with it. The BB silicon case I didn't like and the other ones are pricey.
Oct 25, 2005
200 posts
77 upvotes
Anyone find a good case for DTEK60 similar to otterbox.com ?
They used to make the best Blackberry cases but stopped after the Z30 released
I'm looking for something decent not just a gel slip cover
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2882 posts
573 upvotes
Any ideas as to timing on KeyOne availability?
Feb 20, 2017
83 posts
16 upvotes
TCL snuck in the date of May 5th via twitter but that might be the available date for carriers and not consumers. I've already reserved one, but may change my mind when I see the pricing.
Apr 26, 2016
134 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Zombly wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 1:59 pm
TCL snuck in the date of May 5th via twitter but that might be the available date for carriers and not consumers. I've already reserved one, but may change my mind when I see the pricing.
how/who did you reserve the device with?
Feb 20, 2017
83 posts
16 upvotes
RangerG wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 4:03 pm
how/who did you reserve the device with?
Telus Corporate, I have a plan through my employer and it's a small company so they offered to reserve it for me as my company uses a lot of blackberries anyways (though it's my personal corporate plan I pay for)
Apr 26, 2016
134 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Zombly wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 5:04 pm
Telus Corporate, I have a plan through my employer and it's a small company so they offered to reserve it for me as my company uses a lot of blackberries anyways (though it's my personal corporate plan I pay for)
Telus is always ahead of the game
Rogers - as always, slow to the party. my corporate dealer has no pricing information, nor ETA for the availability. only device i can reserve is the S8 for $675 - which is a complete joke
Feb 20, 2017
83 posts
16 upvotes
RangerG wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 6:51 pm
Telus is always ahead of the game
Rogers - as always, slow to the party. my corporate dealer has no pricing information, nor ETA for the availability. only device i can reserve is the S8 for $675 - which is a complete joke
I do agree actually I use to hop between Telus and Rogers for deals and would have to wait for certain phone releases, however in today's time it's usually better to just stay with one or go to one of the less known brands as I'm wondering what's going to happen with my corporate plan when I go from the classic to the Keyone, hopefully nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6462 posts
1946 upvotes
Markham
kav2001c wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 1:17 am
Anyone know what Priv has dropped to by now?
It's on sale for $399 right now. IIRC EPP is based on regular MSRP (which is $599), so my guess is there's no further discount.

But unless you really, really need a keyboard, don't get it. They have been cutting support (complimentary phone support is gone, OS beta program ended, advertised monthly patches are coming later and later, refusal to announce whether phone will get Nougat). Honestly I can't even recommend waiting for the KEYone, at least not until they show they will stand behind the whole Android business outside of selling the Hub+ suite.

I'm not even sure if you buy it brand new now, if they would honour the full year of warranty from sale date.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.