Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition - FREE BlackBerry Accessory Bundle

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2015 10:26 pm
Tags:
None
33 replies
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Out of Stock
Ships around 8/26
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
wonder if the model is exactly the same, and just a colour change (or is it rounded like AT&T model)
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
May 10, 2010
204 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
vt8888 wrote: Out of Stock
Ships around 8/26
It's a pre order, there is no stock.
May 10, 2010
204 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
vt8888 wrote: wonder if the model is exactly the same, and just a colour change (or is it rounded like AT&T model)
Minor tweaks, allegedly.
Mar 2, 2010
452 posts
44 upvotes
Does anyone know the RIM/BlackBerry employee rate for this phone? I am unsure if any of the RIM/BB employees in this forum are willing to help in getting a deal. Thanks.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Not hot but not a bad deal. The silver is the nicest looking Passport for sure and the rounded edges are a big plus!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Got one from work and hated it. The keyboard is bad along with the square profile. It's difficult to handle and put in pockets.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
golden wrote: Got one from work and hated it. The keyboard is bad along with the square profile. It's difficult to handle and put in pockets.
I would have to agree. Love the design but functionally it just seems unwieldy and top heavy.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
Free accessories yeah right...why don't they just slash the price of their phones instead
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
AlexJosh wrote: Free accessories yeah right...why don't they just slash the price of their phones instead
So, what you're saying is that Apple and Samsung are waaaaaaaay overpriced???
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
sandav wrote: So, what you're saying is that Apple and Samsung are waaaaaaaay overpriced???
Huh?
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
AlexJosh wrote: Huh?
The Passport is priced significantly lower than a comparable Apple or Samsung offering. Why would Blackberry slash the price? Accessories are a nice bonus. The package is a good value imo.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
sandav wrote: The Passport is priced significantly lower than a comparable Apple or Samsung offering. Why would Blackberry slash the price? Accessories are a nice bonus. The package is a good value imo.
I had a passport at launch, sold it to a RFDer here for $200 less in less than 1.5 months. The device is great but camera sucks. Software compatiblility is worse than Z30. It's a good BB but definitely not comparable with Samsung and definitely not an IOS6 device. (And I am not an apple fan).
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
Have the passport and it's an awesome phone. Previously had a POS samsung s5.

My opinion of the phone:
- literally the size of a passport (hence the name)
- crazy battery life...was never once concerned about the phone dying (even at 5% the phone can still last a while)
- keyboard is awesome to type with...easy to get the hang of
- i wear dress pants and slim fit jeans and have no issues fitting the phone in my pocket....unless you're a girl and you wear tight jeans or you're a dude and dress like a sissy korean boy band i don't see any issues
- can install google play along with various google apps (third party of coarse and only about 50% of the apps work) - rfd app works =D
- prevents me from typing and driving since you literally cannot do 90% of the phone activities without 2 hands
- reading ANYTHING on this thing is a blessing
- phone is very fast and easy to multitask
- speakers are LOUD...like ridonculously loud
- blackberry branded flip case sucks since it "sticks" on to the back of the phone. Picked up a Stilgut premium case which is 100x better.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7673 posts
10975 upvotes
Scarbs
AlexJosh wrote: Free accessories yeah right...why don't they just slash the price of their phones instead
Agreed! Accessories can always be bought for cheap from ebay. The classic will be an insta-buy for me if and when it hits $300.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
sandav wrote: The Passport is priced significantly lower than a comparable Apple or Samsung offering. Why would Blackberry slash the price? Accessories are a nice bonus. The package is a good value imo.
Ah ok, I don't have one so no comments on whether it's actually nice to use. Smartphone market is rather crowded, Blackberry CAN'T compete with Apple and Samsung (Nobody else can yet) as far as userbase, eco-system size, marketing, cost control, etc so not everybody can justify a high price phone (which has a huge profit margin). Even google has the nexus 6 in the same price area and what's the number of ppl using Android vs. BB OS? For average users familiarity, peer effect and ecosystem are much more important, hardware comparison only comes next.

Plus, even BB itself is abandoning the OS moving to Android so I don't see why this device won't get a major price cut soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)