• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 1:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2773 posts
777 upvotes
I was at the First Markham Place Staples on Hwy 7 Richmond Hill and they have plenty of these Rapid Travel Chargers (behind the counter). I was able to purchase 2 @ $7.48/unit. I only received a 25% discount for clearance.
I saw lots of other PlayBook accessories and cases scattered around for under $10 but I already have mine so I didn't take the time to look around.
BlackBerry Playbook 32GB - $115.89 (PM'ed @ BB)
BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod - $8.49 (PM'ed @ BB)
BlackBerry Rapid Travel Charger - $7.48 (Clearance @ Staples)
BlackBerry Leather Envelope Case - $0.00 (PM'ed @ FS)
XtremeGuard Screen Protector - $3.00

-----------------------------
Total: $134.86 for the whole bundle before taxes
What should I be looking for next?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4787 posts
993 upvotes
Kanata
Cancelled my online order and got them for the Barrhaven, Ottawa store. I have no idea where they came from, because until today I haven't seen them stocked in store at all. No % off clearance though, but I was happy to pay $10. I read that it fits the convertible case, unlike the pod. This is a gift, so I can't open and test at the moment, but can someone verify? Thanks.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Oct 2, 2011
386 posts
216 upvotes
London
Tabooger wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 3:33 pm
Cancelled my online order and got them for the Barrhaven, Ottawa store. I have no idea where they came from, because until today I haven't seen them stocked in store at all. No % off clearance though, but I was happy to pay $10. I read that it fits the convertible case, unlike the pod. This is a gift, so I can't open and test at the moment, but can someone verify? Thanks.
Yes, the travel charger does work with the convertible case. The rapid charge dock does not.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4787 posts
993 upvotes
Kanata
bombdiggity wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 3:36 pm
For sure it works b/c the convertible case has a cutout hole for the 3 pins. There's a video on YT by Crackberry.com showing that it works with the convertible case.
Are you sure? I don't see any cutout in the pictures, nor is there one on the one I bought earlier.
cfrank73 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 3:37 pm
Yes, the travel charger does work with the convertible case. The rapid charge dock does not.
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5168 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
I recently got one of these, with the magnetic connector. I don't know what is so "rapid" about it. Takes a long time to charge my PB, about the same as the stock charger.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1746 posts
189 upvotes
Vancouver
lololo,,,,, I was thinking the same thing the last time I was charging wtih the rapid charger.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4787 posts
993 upvotes
Kanata
I don't know about the 'rapid' bit, but I like that it's magnetic, and lets me partially close the playbook when it is in the convertible case. I can't believe they designed this case without being able to close it or even fit in the pod. so much fail.
Jun 27, 2006
137 posts
4 upvotes
VIIVIIIXIII wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 2:40 pm
I was at the First Markham Place Staples on Hwy 7 Richmond Hill and they have plenty of these Rapid Travel Chargers (behind the counter). I was able to purchase 2 @ $7.48/unit. I only received a 25% discount for clearance.
I saw lots of other PlayBook accessories and cases scattered around for under $10 but I already have mine so I didn't take the time to look around.

BlackBerry Playbook 32GB - $115.89 (PM'ed @ BB)
BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod - $8.49 (PM'ed @ BB)
BlackBerry Rapid Travel Charger - $7.48 (Clearance @ Staples)
BlackBerry Leather Envelope Case - $0.00 (PM'ed @ FS)
XtremeGuard Screen Protector - $3.00
-----------------------------
Total: $134.86 for the whole bundle before taxes

What should I be looking for next?
When did you get the 32GB playbook for $115. No one seems to have them in stock anymore & the posted price is way higher.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1976 posts
574 upvotes
I paid soft Shell, convertible case and leather protector for 2.xx$ each and rapid travel charger and charging dock for 7.xx$ lol staples in quebec city
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4787 posts
993 upvotes
Kanata
bombdiggity wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 9:30 pm
Yes I'm sure. Why don't you google images it or check YouTube if telling you isn't enough. You said you can't open it to check so the next best thing is to look online. I even checked pictures and YouTube videos just now to make sure they show it. They do. So you can go look too. There are three clear as day rectangular cutouts side by side by side at the bottom of the frame of the convertible case. We are not lying to you.

"nor is there one on the one I bought earlier" --> what do you mean? a convertible case you bought earlier had the bottom blocked off with no cutout holes? You mean when closed right. You can charge it when the PB is in the case, which was your question and concern. You have to open the flap though.
So defensive, why? I consider the case with the flap, you consider it just the frame. Of course that has cut outs, I was talking about the flap as well.
Oct 4, 2008
497 posts
72 upvotes
Eoyote wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 1:48 pm
I too picked up a charger and a convertible case from Staples this morning. The charger was 9.97 and the convertible case 14.97. Niether were on display, I had to get both from behind the counter. The cashier also gave me 50% off because they were clearance. Mega score price-wise.
Which Calgary staples was that? I might swing by later...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2665 posts
223 upvotes
What is so 'travel' about this? Does it come with adapters for overseas?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5754 posts
659 upvotes
Got the BlackBerry Rapid Travel Charger for $5 at the MacLeod Staples across from Chinook.

They still had a bunch as of late yesterday but they only had the changer and soft cover.
Grunchy wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:34 pm
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
Grunchy wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:34 pm
The one just across from Chinook.
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
× < >