Cell Phones

Blackberry Venice (Android)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2015 11:07 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Are you planning to get BlackBerry Venice (Android OS)

• Total votes: 86. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

60%
No

40%
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39748 upvotes
Toronto
video of it in action from Baka in Canada

Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sprung wrote: video of it in action from Baka in Canada

This has me interested and I like the stock Android OS skkn but with the best of bb elements in there

Will definitely consider this...always liked BlackBerry for durability and quality and their functions like bb hub and now with Android app support
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13938 posts
5436 upvotes
There's always the on screen keyboard.

Anyway I don't see how this would give anyone cramps. After all this has more estate in the keyboard part than a passport and I don't get cramp from it.
infamousdealer wrote: Doesn't really seem like the balance of weight will be the best with this phone. Most keyboards, like the one on my G4, take up a little less that half the screen, making the experience comfortable. The keyboard on this BlackBerry is so low and the keys look so tiny that I can see people getting hand cramps from using the dang thing. Just seems like the top end would be a bit to heavy when typing, but we will see.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
I wonder how the hub will function or if it will be the same as BB10. IMO the hub is blackberrys best feature. Not a huge fan of android myself. I hate Google intrusiveness as well.
Banned
Nov 27, 2012
822 posts
183 upvotes
VANCOUVER
remove the keyboard and Ill pre order one.
Banned
Nov 27, 2012
822 posts
183 upvotes
VANCOUVER
al3x89 wrote: And I'm the one with clouded judgement? I at least post facts.
you have to be the clueless iSheep on this board, well done !
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Lobster2 wrote: remove the keyboard and Ill pre order one.
I'm sure they will bring an all slate phone in a few months. A lot of the hardcore BB fans still wan their keyboard. The slider has always been a compromise imo but perhaps they've figured out the correct amount of balance.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
Lobster2 wrote: you have to be the clueless iSheep on this board, well done !
that's rude.
Banned
Nov 27, 2012
822 posts
183 upvotes
VANCOUVER
al3x89 wrote: that's rude.
thats what your ignorance deserved. You obviously never touched an Android in your life. And btw, Im using a BB Z30.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: I wonder how the hub will function or if it will be the same as BB10. IMO the hub is blackberrys best feature. Not a huge fan of android myself. I hate Google intrusiveness as well.
The HUB is key for me as I hate the set up for mail and messages on Android. If they can build a HUB like my Z30 has on this phone I am likely going to buy.

I love my Blackberry mail and messaging but the app selection is not great and some Android apps don't work well. This phone could have it all.
Feb 12, 2013
480 posts
230 upvotes
hdom wrote: Man, I can't believe I am thinking this but boy I want this BB.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2977882/ ... nline.html
http://phandroid.com/2015/08/31/blackbe ... -pictures/

5.4-inch display with 2560-by-1440 resolution
1.8Ghz Snapdragon 808 processor
3GB of RAM
18 megapixel rear-facing camera
5MP camera in the front
MicroSD Slot

Hope it can quick swap battery too but may be dreaming.

Don't forget to include that the physical keypad is also a touch scroll pad
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Gee wrote: I own a BlackBerry because I like BB10. If I wanted Android, I would get a Nexus
BB needs more than a handful of people that still like the original BB. An Android device with a proper security could go a long way, especially if it works a little different than normal Android devices (Hub, keyboard, better security). BB might be a little late to the security game for Android but hopefully not. I know my company uses Airwatch to manage our Android devices which works fairly decent. Pretty much useless on Apple devices though which makes them nearly impossible to manage for a corporation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)