Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] BlackBerry Z10 Telus $99 on 3yr Term !!! + $50 Bill Credit / $0 after trade in - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2013 8:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
1953 posts
343 upvotes
Cheetahmen2 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 12:53 pm
Perhaps the Z10 is intended as a Valentines gift?

Why would you want to sign a contract then cancel? you see how that works? sometimes there might be a simple yet valid reason to NOT want to sign a contract and do unneeded credit check.
What the hell are you talking about? See how what works?

If you wanted a Z10 for a gift, you could still get it on contract through this deal and give it away. This is an UPGRADE offer. The assumption here is that you are a customer already and will be in the future. Why wouldn't you sign a contract if you are paying them anyway????

Edit: FYI There is no credit check for upgrades.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2274 posts
240 upvotes
Nepean
Just throwing it out there. Another reason not to sign a new contract is with new smart phone contracts you are stuck on a minimum $50 a month plan. If you are a existent customer you may be able to get a retention deal that is less than that monthly and recoup your savings there that you would have gotten on a contract. When my contract expired they were only wanting to offer me plans that were $50-60 but my present plan with data was under $40 so it didn't make sense to sign a contract and give up my monthly grandfathered plan.
Just throwing it out there for thought if you are an existent customer.

Also don't forget Trade in program if you happen to have an old phone. It doesn't say anything about it having to be a smart phone etc.. so those switching from old non-smart phones may benefit from this too for extra $50
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2802 posts
225 upvotes
Hamilton
damn.

My contract was up November 2012, a client since 2004. Only blackberry in my offers is a crappy BlackBerry Curve 9320.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2274 posts
240 upvotes
Nepean
adblink182 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:38 pm
damn.

My contract was up November 2012, a client since 2004. Only blackberry in my offers is a crappy BlackBerry Curve 9320.
Your offers normally come before it expires and than stay on for about a month or two after in which they expire. Offers on your account are time limited. I have the same offers on my account lol.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3135 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal
As a Fido customer who's dying for the Z10, what should I do? My current contract won't be up till September 3rd 2013 and Fido is only offering it with a 2 year contract at $350. :o :

So for the new BB10 phones, do you still need to get the Blackberry data plans or do BBM and email work any mobile data plan?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2643 posts
205 upvotes
cn_habs wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:59 pm
So for the new BB10 phones, do you still need to get the Blackberry data plans or do BBM and email work any mobile data plan?
You don't need a special BlackBerry data plan (or BIS plan) if you're a regular customer. :) Your standard data plan will work.

Source: http://crackberry.com/no-you-dont-need- ... -10-phones
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18307 posts
1119 upvotes
I pre-ordered the Z10 at the price of $149+taxes a couple weeks back but now when I check my phone offers, it shows as $89+taxes with a $50 bill credit..

I am going to try and call into Customer Service and see what they can do as my CC was already charged the $149+taxes

I really don't want to cancel my pre-order and delay getting the device but also don't want to miss out on saving $110....will report back with updates...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7330 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton
ji2o0k wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 11:35 am
I pre-ordered the Z10 at the price of $149+taxes a couple weeks back but now when I check my phone offers, it shows as $89+taxes with a $50 bill credit..

I am going to try and call into Customer Service and see what they can do as my CC was already charged the $149+taxes

I really don't want to cancel my pre-order and delay getting the device but also don't want to miss out on saving $110....will report back with updates...
Could you post a screenshot of the $89 + tax w/ $50 bill credit?
Apr 6, 2005
469 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton
I do not understand the much ado about contracts anymore. Perhaps there is an inherent bias with the term but in reality, the current contracts Bell, Rogers and Telus have are NOT locked-in contracts with large cancellation fees.

Basically the big three have taken a new policy on contract terminations where you pay the remainder of your phone subsidy plus a small (i.e. for Rogers $12.50) administrative fee to cancel a contract. With most retention offers being able to offer you somewhat good pricing on contracts + signing bonuses, it really comes out similarly to going with Wind, Mobilicity, etc.

There will be situations where the big three are better in terms of value, there will be situations where Wind, Mobilicity are better in terms of value. Having LTE speeds and cross-Canada coverage might be worth it for some people to pay the extra $5-10. The playing field between all the competitors is similar now, anyone who screams "contracts are bad" is either ignorant or a fanboy.
RFD WINS -Energizer XBOX-a-day Giveaway - August 13, 09
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7048 posts
809 upvotes
southnam wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:27 pm
Just throwing it out there. Another reason not to sign a new contract is with new smart phone contracts you are stuck on a minimum $50 a month plan. If you are a existent customer you may be able to get a retention deal that is less than that monthly and recoup your savings there that you would have gotten on a contract. When my contract expired they were only wanting to offer me plans that were $50-60 but my present plan with data was under $40 so it didn't make sense to sign a contract and give up my monthly grandfathered plan.
Just throwing it out there for thought if you are an existent customer.

Also don't forget Trade in program if you happen to have an old phone. It doesn't say anything about it having to be a smart phone etc.. so those switching from old non-smart phones may benefit from this too for extra $50
Because there is no more data compression with BB10 - you will need a bigger data plan. I am already almost though my old 500MB plan with the Z10.

For most people - a 2-6GB plan will be the norm unless you are just doing mail.
Dec 26, 2012
673 posts
189 upvotes
Before buying this, I'd recommend checking out the Verge review. Its definitely not a perfect by any stretch and IDK why people would chose this over similarly priced android phones.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/30/39297 ... z10-review

UI is funky, gestures aren't that great, hub system needs work, extremely limited aps and android emulation that doesn't really work properly with the rest of the UI. There is also 9 app limit thing that messes with the widgets. I'm not saying don't get it, just look into what you're buying before buying it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
6986 posts
654 upvotes
again all these reviewers come from the point of 'would this device trump all existing ones by a huge margin' which I can safely say no one will ever be able to do in this space going forward, iphone 5 is not that different from iphone 4 nor any of the newer flavor android or WP or whatever.
May 29, 2006
541 posts
101 upvotes
Thats a good deal if you want a z10! But the 3 year at $50+ per month is tough to swallow :(
× < >