Expired Hot Deals

[Blacks] Black's Photography: Buy 50 6x8 prints for $10 [Expires July 7]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2013 9:05 am
Jun 29, 2013
2 posts
2 upvotes

[Blacks] Black's Photography: Buy 50 6x8 prints for $10 [Expires July 7]

For a limited time, 6x8 inches prints are on sale.

To get the offer, sign up with www.Blacks.ca and go to Prints. Upload pictures and bring 50 6x8 size or more to Shopping cart. The promotion will be automatically applied. No coupon or voucher code required.

7 replies
Apr 25, 2012
616 posts
108 upvotes
I have 16:9 (widescreen) pictures. Can I upload them and select 8x6 prints? How does this work, I've never done this before.
Mar 19, 2012
151 posts
47 upvotes
demzie wrote:
Jul 4th, 2013 12:20 am
I have 16:9 (widescreen) pictures. Can I upload them and select 8x6 prints? How does this work, I've never done this before.
Says this

The aspect ratio of your photos

Your digital camera will generally capture and store your photos with a 3:4 aspect ratio.
With a picture format of 4" x 6", the image would be cropped.

Alternatively, the format can be reduced to the point where the whole image remains visible.
The format is then equivalent to a size of 4" x approx. 5.12".

The choice is yours!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
How's the IQ vs Costco at 8C a 4x6?

Fuji chem both?
Oct 25, 2004
105 posts
12 upvotes
Blacks photos are heads and shoulders above Costco pictures. They develop very good pictures.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
khaki wrote:
Jul 4th, 2013 2:40 am
Blacks photos are heads and shoulders above Costco pictures. They develop very good pictures.
Opinion or fact? Why?
Sep 18, 2011
79 posts
16 upvotes
I have a 12MP camera and with young impatient kids, I generally have to crop the pictures down to 6-8MP. I've printed at both Costco and Blacks and there isn't any visible difference IMO in that size. Even for 8x10, if I manage to keep the MP up, I haven't seen any issues with either.

Blacks used to have 50 6x8 for $5 promo for the past 2 years or so. I've printed over 500 pictures when they had the promos. The 6x8 format is great to look at although a bit odd sized for framing.

The Blacks website is kinda okay for managing the pictures. If you have shot pictures in portrait mode, you have to remember to rotate them on their site before printing. I haven't used Costco website, but if I remember correctly, same deal when using their machines in store.

50 6x8 for $10 is a warm deal I suppose. Btw there is no limit for the sale as long as you order multiples, so 100 6x8 is $20.
Dec 14, 2008
943 posts
121 upvotes
Corel wrote:
Jul 4th, 2013 2:46 am
Opinion or fact? Why?
It's definitely not a fact. I like to do a lot of printing so here's my experience on both:

Costco quality is great but it varies -- I printed a set of photos from my trip from costco and decide to reprint some of them because I wanted to hang the pictures in two different locations. The colours were a lot "weaker" on my second print even though it was from the same set of photos and same print settings. My first set of prints had much richer colours (yet, does not look fake or plastic-ky) and IMO better than what I get at Blacks.

Black is great as well, but it auto-adjusts the colours of each pictures and there's no way to prevent them from doing it online. You have to call the store and hope that the sales remembered to do it while they are printing the photos (blacks surprisingly uses a lot of manual labour). I had sunset pictures which got adjusted so the orangy sunset glow was gone! And I'd never choose the "photo enhancer option" (or whatever it's called) from blacks though, all it does it boost the saturation up 100000% and pictures look pretty fake.

Conclusion? Go experiment and print at the one who has a sale :) .
× < >