Entertainment

Blade Runner 2049 / sequel (starting page 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 12:37 am
Tags:
None
Apr 7, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
Is it just me or does that first poster give you the whole 'Drive' future edition vibe.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
Teaser to trailer being released May 8th...
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13897 posts
865 upvotes
strkyer1986 wrote:
May 4th, 2017 11:27 pm
Is it just me or does that first poster give you the whole 'Drive' future edition vibe.
It's just you.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Apr 12, 2015
76 posts
42 upvotes
Shady side of Narnia
Holy crapper, this thread aged like a fine wine!
popbottle wrote:
Apr 19th, 2015 1:41 am
I hereby and solemnly declare, with a touch of formality, and bits of pomp & circumstance, with a red wax seal, +1
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23339 posts
1083 upvotes
Markham, ON
watching the trailer....for some reason i was waiting for someone to start tap dancing and break out singing....man can't get lalaland out of my head.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
26838 posts
1675 upvotes
Winnipeg
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 11:03 am
Tears In The Rain: A Blade Runner Short Film

Set in the world of Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (1968) and the motion picture Blade Runner (1982), Tears In The Rain is a loose prequel to Ridley Scott’s motion picture, and it’s also a “what if” story. It asks what “if a ‘Blade Runner’ retired a human by mistake, what happens then?”
http://www.openculture.com/2017/02/watc ... -film.html
there is 2 bladerunners? i didn't seen the 1st one, can i just watch this one as it seems to be a remake
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
bst/free stuff/btc/ether
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10528 posts
569 upvotes
Scarborough
I saw the first one recently in Theatres and thought the movie was mediocre after hearing about it being one of the best sci-fi movies.

The trailers for the new one looks neat and it has a director that's currently making better movies each year so hopefully this one is good.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1806 posts
211 upvotes
In another world
Remakes or sequels, as good as the originals are rare.
I hope it will be on par with the 1982 version.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
May 8th, 2017 12:41 pm
Has anyone seen this AMAZING trailer in the movie theatre yet? Which movie was it attached to? Watched it enough times online and really wanna see it on the big screen.

Last week, I saw "Alien: Covenant" and was really hoping the trailer would show before the feature film, but it did not. :( Was hoping to see the trailer since Ridley Scott is the executive producer for "Blade Runner 2049" and director for "Alien: Covenant".
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
May 28th, 2017 12:48 am
Which movie was it attached to? Watched it enough times online and really wanna see it on the big screen.
It didn't play before WB's 'King Arthur?'
Be patient.
I don't know for sure but I strongly suspect the Warner Bros/Sony Blade Runner sequel trailer will be attached to a WB or Sony movie like 'Wonder Woman', 'Dunkirk' and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' (I can't imagine you're missing any of those three ;) )
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
May 28th, 2017 5:33 am
It didn't play before WB's 'King Arthur?'
Be patient.
I don't know for sure but I strongly suspect the Warner Bros/Sony Blade Runner sequel trailer will be attached to a WB or Sony movie like 'Wonder Woman', 'Dunkirk' and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' (I can't imagine you're missing any of those three ;) )
I didn't get around to seeing "King Arthur" yet, but hope to soon.

Here are the movies I did see earlier this month of May and the trailer wasn't included:

-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
-Alien: Covenant
-Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
-Baywatch

Really, hope the trailer will be included for "Wonder Woman" when I see the laser IMAX screening at the Scotiabank Theatre this Thursday June 1.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10279 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
thechampion116 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 12:36 am
I saw the first one recently in Theatres and thought the movie was mediocre after hearing about it being one of the best sci-fi movies.
You need to watch one of the theatrical versions, with voiceover. No voiceover = zzzZZZZ :) .
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
May 29th, 2017 2:48 am
You need to watch one of the theatrical versions, with voiceover. No voiceover = zzzZZZZ :) .
For me it was the very opposite, I couldn't get into the original theatrical version with Harrison Ford's voiceover when it was first released. It wasn't until 1992 (10th anniversary) when the director's cut came out and I saw it totally stoned on magic mushrooms. I saw deep abstract details and had the most mind-bending experience seeing it on shrooms. To this day, it's still probably one of the best movies to see when you are high on a mind-altering drug. The soundtrack and visuals of the movie just blew my mind in the theatre. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

"Blade Runner" is comparable to Stanley Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey". They are both brilliant films, but when they came out critics didn't like them because they didn't "get it". Now they are cult films which most of today's professional critics will call masterpieces of the science fiction genre. Watch both of these movies on LSD and I guarantee you people will change your mind about them! LOL