Entertainment

Blade Runner 2049 / sequel (starting page 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 12:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
The sequel is sponsoring a commercial free airing of the 1982 original on Space channel September 30
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
Press screenings have happened and some have tweeted their reactions

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/26/blade-r ... reactions/

Jordan Hoffmann and Steve Weintraub are film bloggers, the rest I don't know from Adam but are probably entertainment industry adjacent

Also anime prequel

Last edited by jenviea on Sep 26th, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 29, 2010
765 posts
160 upvotes
Picked up some Imax tix for this next Thursday. However, my phone completely bricked and now I have to... go in with a paper ticket! Oh the horror!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2213 posts
109 upvotes
Beautiful. I will look into seeing the original once again before I dive into 2049.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5806 posts
1152 upvotes
aGincourt
Poster design is awful..... hopefully movie is a worthy sequel

Fan of the Gos since Drive
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16235 posts
1047 upvotes
Woodbridge
I tried watching Blade Runne, I think I have a copy but couldn't get myself into it (same goes for The Godfather).
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Sep 30, 2001
26295 posts
5381 upvotes
Toronto
Visually stunning. The soundtrack is also like Hans Zimmer's Interstellar - loud and it grabs your attention; other times silent and moody. The movie runs a tad too long at nearly 3hrs but overall it was pretty satisfying.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
Just got home from the 7pm laser IMAX screening at the Scotiabank Theatre. D.V. delivered and I definitely believe it was his best film yet. I left the theatre really satisfied and even with a big grin. It was one of only 2 films this year that I left with a huge smile on my face. The other movie was "Gone with the Wind". I couldn't believe it took me that long to finally see that true and classic masterpiece on the big screen. These two films were by far, my 2 favorite movies that I saw in the theatre this year.

I liked it way more than "Dunkirk". PERIOD. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5523 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 11:10 pm
Just got home from the 7pm laser IMAX screening at the Scotiabank Theatre. D.V. delivered and I definitely believe it was his best film yet. I left the theatre really satisfied and even with a big grin. It was one of only 2 films this year that I left with a huge smile on my face. The other movie was "Gone with the Wind". I couldn't believe it took me that long to finally see that true and classic masterpiece on the big screen. These two films were by far, my 2 favorite movies that I saw in the theatre this year.

I liked it way more than "Dunkirk". PERIOD. LOL
How does it stack up to Incendies? IMO Villeneuve's best
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 11:33 pm
How does it stack up to Incendies? IMO Villeneuve's best
Sorry, I can't actually comment on "Incendies". I have that film on the hold shelf at the library and did not actually get around to seeing it before "Blade Runner 2049". In due time... LOL

Also, I believe we are in great hands if D.V. actually directs the reboot of "Dune".
Jun 29, 2010
765 posts
160 upvotes
Really good movie - but with a warning. If you think this is a smash/bang/boom action movie, you would be very wrong.
This is a character driven movie that just happens to be set in the future. It's about personal discovery and secrets.
If you have not seen the original Blade Runner, I would urge you to find it and watch it, if only to see why these movies are linked together.
If you are a fan of the original, you won't be disappointed.