Entertainment

Blade Runner 2049 / sequel (starting page 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 12:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
As I mentioned before my first viewing was the laser IMAX screening at the Scotiabank Theatre. My friend and I already have tickets booked on Cheap Tuesday for our second viewing at an UltraAVX with Doly Atmos surround. I really don't think I can wait that long for my 2nd. viewing. LOL I'm going away for the Thanksgiving long weekend to my friend's farm outside of Belleville. I'm going to try to convince them to see it in one of the crappy theatres tomorrow in "boonieville".

BTW, I don't know if it was because of script's predictability, but I guessed almost all the major plot points correctly without reading any reviews with spoilers. Guess I should play the lottery this weekend since I'm getting everything right! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1926 posts
285 upvotes
I started watching the original yesterday but had to give up after 30 min. I was very tired already and this movie is complex to understand it seems.
Will try again over the weekend when I have some more energy.
Is it must to watch the first before second?
Sep 30, 2001
26295 posts
5381 upvotes
Toronto
Asker123 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:58 am
I started watching the original yesterday but had to give up after 30 min. I was very tired already and this movie is complex to understand it seems.
Will try again over the weekend when I have some more energy.
Is it must to watch the first before second?
it helps, but it's not totally necessary.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25655 posts
5834 upvotes
GTHA
night blade wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 2:22 pm
Well, about to go see a afternoon showing with my daughter, hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed the original when I was her age.
Did she enjoy it?
Dec 13, 2016
941 posts
728 upvotes
I saw it here in Bangkok 2 days ago.

It really isn't that great as many critics are portraying it to be and it's starting to show on Rotten Tomatoes.

Really..... some scenes are just too long and unlike the first movie everything is literally being explained to you.

I told my Thai wife that this is a "deep think" movie, but now I feel embarrassed by this statement.

5 outta 10
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2633 posts
163 upvotes
Pickering
tk1000 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 9:12 pm
Did she enjoy it?
Yup, she loved it!

I really do need to see it again, it was fantastic and paid homage to the original with it's style, music and direction, but there were a few things not explored or explained better, is there going to be a sequel?
Nov 27, 2003
269 posts
9 upvotes
London
MrDisco wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 12:43 pm
it helps, but it's not totally necessary.
I disagree with this, you need to know why this world exists, and why the humans are doing what they are doing
Stand and Deliver! I have two pistols here... I know one of them isn't loaded anymore, but the other one is, so that's one of you dead for sure... well just about for sure........
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6032 posts
2145 upvotes
Toronto
i don't get how you guys watch the same movie twice in theaters...
the original blade runner wasn't even that good. i know... blasphemy...

I heard some circle jerkers going nuts about how the original blade runner was so amazing and the scenes... and cinematography makes a grown man cry.

the only thing good to come out of Blade Runner was that edward james olmos got his time to shine, which later made him the late great Captain Adama- and later the Admiral Adama.
Jun 5, 2017
79 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
watched the movie saturday in the imax theater across from sq1, i personally thought it was amazing.....i heard the movie only made 31 million in NA and underperformed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5523 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Haven't seen it yet, but every thing that I've seen online is focusing on how it only made about $30M for opening weekend.
Sad mentality we're in when the quality of a film is dependant on how much money it makes.

Rrecommend listening to this about the 'implosion' of Hollywood

May 9, 2007
777 posts
199 upvotes
I watched the movie today and honestly I don't know what to think. I am literally indifferent and without words. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing either. The mood, the score, the set and a great universe is all there from the first movie but I have a hard time seeing this movie appeal to a wider audience which is a shame because I am a huge fan of Denis Villeneuve and love all of his previous movies.

What I am most looking forward to is the recognition this movie gets. Many have said this is the film that finally lands Harrison Ford an Oscar. I don't see it but will be interesting to see if it happens.

Again I don't mean this to be overly negative, just don't think that it's for everyone.
Dec 13, 2016
941 posts
728 upvotes
Word on the street is that this movie is going to bankrupt Alcon.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2213 posts
109 upvotes
I will be mildly discouraged if this movie fails to go above and beyond financially.
Jan 10, 2009
480 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Well $81m for the opening weekend isn't dreadful. A bit to go to recoup its $150m budget but I'm fairly sure it'll manage that.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)