Entertainment

Blade Runner 2049 / sequel (starting page 2)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 12:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7366 posts
736 upvotes
Victoria
It feels to me that the only real things driving the box office now are Superhero movies (mostly marvel and some DC) and Star Wars. Disney kind of owns the box office. Sequels to movies that aren't sourced on Comics or Star Wars seems to have mixed results at the box office.

It makes you wonder what will happen to the box office when Comic Book movies have run their course.

I think I'm going to go see Blade Runner tomorrow... but only because a friend wanted to go.... I was probably going to hold out for watching it at home. I like the 1st one, but I never saw it until it was already pretty old. I'm not quite as nostalgic for it as other people.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2619 posts
69 upvotes
watched blade runner. absolutely loved it. wish there was more on the universe and offworld stuff.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1926 posts
285 upvotes
zod wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 3:16 pm
It feels to me that the only real things driving the box office now are Superhero movies (mostly marvel and some DC) and Star Wars. Disney kind of owns the box office. Sequels to movies that aren't sourced on Comics or Star Wars seems to have mixed results at the box office.

It makes you wonder what will happen to the box office when Comic Book movies have run their course.

I think I'm going to go see Blade Runner tomorrow... but only because a friend wanted to go.... I was probably going to hold out for watching it at home. I like the 1st one, but I never saw it until it was already pretty old. I'm not quite as nostalgic for it as other people.
I think this movie will recover in terms of box office collections by word of mouth .
I have booked IMAX tickets for Friday and I see the people are still watching it but then this is just 2nd week
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
Box office notwithstanding, I must say it's been quite a streak for prestigious sci fi in the fall YMMV

2013 Gravity
2014 Interstellar
2015 The Martian
2016 The Arrival
2017 Blade Runner 2017
Jun 14, 2017
184 posts
149 upvotes
I watched the movie in IMAX the other day and I didn't like it. The whole film was too mono tone and dragged. Love the Cuban model that played Joi tho. HAWT HAWT HAWT!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1117 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A must watch...
You can't beat this level.of cinematography.
Don't listen to "too long " or " too slow" sort of folks , they can only like and appreciate wonder woman or lala land kind of movies.