Food & Drink

Blairs Death Rain potato chips... XXX HOT.. Where have they been spotted?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2017 11:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17622 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton

Blairs Death Rain potato chips... XXX HOT.. Where have they been spotted?

This is it.....Our Original Thick Sliced Kettle Cooked Chip...Find out what people from around the world are raving about (While they run around the room looking for a beverage) This is our Famous Black Bag...
Being laced with Blair's Death Rain dry spice mix which is based on the Red Savina strain of Habanero pepper, a single of those thick kettle cooked chips packs more of a punch than a tablespoon of regular tabasco sauce. The chips themselve are quite crunchy, the flavor is rich, sweet and smokey at first, allow a few seconds for the heat to really kick in and expect an endorphin rush

So theres some late 2009 discussion on another forum about these chips. These aren't the "wimpy" chips that claim to be hot but these really pack a punch.

Theres been sightings of them in the GTA and people were mentioning BULK BARN in their posts. Anybody go to bulk barn recently and can tell me if they saw these?

Would love to find some of these in Brampton/Mississauga and have them for UFC this weekend, see all my beer drinking buddies try to get brave and eat a handful of them :D

Should be great with some cold beers

Thanks in advance!
Discord: ZAvMRrc
352 replies
Jan 29, 2010
121 posts
Toronto
Bulk Barn does have these.

They're not crazy hot, but very tasty.
Buffalo Wing flavour is delicious. No joke either, as they actually have chicken in the ingredients :)
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12209 posts
103 upvotes
awesome, i'll try to get these on the Student discount day at BB.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12209 posts
103 upvotes
drizzz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2010 10:17 pm

Buffalo Wing flavour is delicious. No joke either, as they actually have chicken in the ingredients :)
eeeek!

Can't wait for a smoky bacon flavour.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17622 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton
drizzz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2010 10:17 pm

awesome, thanks for confirming.

i need those Habanero ones and buffalo wing ones... i hope the BB location on Queen St. in Brampton has them!

cheers
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4370 posts
233 upvotes
Yeah I do remember seeing some uncommon sorta chips at Bulk Barn in Erin Mills. I haven't been able to find the American Flamin Hot Cheetos here so this would be the next best thing or better? Will have a look, hopefuly they're here in Mississauga.
Jan 29, 2010
121 posts
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
Feb 17th, 2010 10:27 pm
awesome, thanks for confirming.

i need those Habanero ones and buffalo wing ones... i hope the BB location on Queen St. in Brampton has them!

cheers
They should have them there.
That's where I got them the last time.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6013 posts
1027 upvotes
Often find Blair's chips at Bulk Barn.

If they're not in stock and I'm craving hot chips I make my own.

The Dave's shaker is good for sprinkling hot chiles, it holds 6 assorted chiles in one divided shaker. I use the chipotle for smoky, New Mexican for mild but tasty, Habanero for hot.

HomeSense often has both the chile and salt shakers.

http://www.davesgourmet.peachhost.com/ct_PRdaspp.htm
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15574 posts
639 upvotes
Stouffville
gonna check out my local bulk barn tomorrow for these.. sound intriguing.. should be good for raptors game on saturday night, canada vs USA on sunday night.. and then WWE ppv on sunday night after the hockey game :)
Apr 7, 2003
867 posts
66 upvotes
North York
McEwan's at the Shops at Don Mills also sells them (probably charge more though).
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17622 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton
Wow!

I just found them! 24 hours 7/11 stores baby, went to the one 5 mins from my house on Main and they had em near the back.

Picked up some SpeakOut! minutes and 2x XXX Habanero and 2x Buffalo Wings

boo ya!

I want to try one, but im scared :D
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17622 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton
I ate one, and was like yeah, they're pretty spicy, but not too bad

Then I grabbed like 2 or 3 small ones and ate them about 20 seconds later.. then it was like....

fggfghfghfhgfhgfhgfhghfgfhghf
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10001 posts
522 upvotes
I have been buying these at 7/11 since last year. To be honest they are not as hot as I hoped it would be or expected something called XXX DEATH RAIN to be. Pretty disappointed after reading reviews about these but I still buy them every now and then. Haven't bought them in the last couple months though.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17622 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton
yeah they're not as hot as i would have expected but still too hot for me to eat without any drink
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17622 posts
760 upvotes
Brampton
wooow some chips are way hotter than others, i just had a single chip that burned big time!.. almost considered milk or yogurt hahaha.. felt like my whole tongue was lit up